Random Green Day News

Hermione

8 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Green Day scored as average in this study.

There are indeed artists with more static setlists.   Looks like the heavier rock bands are the most strict, rarely deviating from the plan.  

• Like 1

Heard a guy on the radio complaining about finally getting to see a band and they didn’t play the big hits he went for and he was gutted.  You can’t please all the people all the time.

• Like 2

I can understand that notion, but usually, I'm just happy to see my favorite band at all. I still think Green Day could look to The Cure who do an excellent job of keeping those big hits that everyone knows (Just Like Heaven, Friday I'm in Love, Lovesong, Lullaby) yet having a certain set of songs they rotate in and out each night to keep things exciting and reward fans who see them multiple times on a tour. Plus, the songs they do repeat are often varied with where they are in the setlist, so shows rarely feel the same.

Also, if an artist is intentionally not performing the hits, be upfront about it. Madonna's Mademe X was all about her current album with a few "reworked" versions of her big hits and she stated this in her press release. Sure it's still disappointing, but those who didn't like that album knew best to wait for the next one. 

• Like 3

See the thing is, I complain about GD setlists, but if they did start changing things between shows, knowing my luck I'd get all the songs I don't really care about at mine :lol:

• Like 1

Billie Joe covered Wreckless Eric on No Fun Mondays, and now Eric has a new album coming out called "Leisureland".   

So yeah.    Green Day headline right there.  

15 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I don't think this is a great fit. I would expect something heavy and furious for wrestling. KYE just isn't that.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2023 at 11:56 PM, pouty bitch said:

See the thing is, I complain about GD setlists, but if they did start changing things between shows, knowing my luck I'd get all the songs I don't really care about at mine :lol:

What do you mean??!😲😁

17 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Everyone is free to their opinion.  But this article, whoa.   They think "Know Your Enemy" is classic and everything else is terrible...I mean, Green Day do play that live, so maybe...

https://www.loudersound.com/features/10-terrible-punk-albums-with-one-classic-song

Yes, saw that and can only wonder what’s wrong with the writer!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, jengd said:

I agree with him on some of the other albums, but Blink-182's Dude Ranch and 21st Century Breakdown?  Those are perfect records.     I went into this article thinking surely he would be talking Father of All...but Breakdown!  Breakdown?   Breakdown.

Lmao I'm not even a huge fan of breakdown myself but KYE is one of the weakest, if not THE weakest song on the whole album :lol: Wild.

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, jengd said:

Maybe he needs a brain transplant

On 7/13/2023 at 11:51 AM, That Dude said:

I agree with him on some of the other albums, but Blink-182's Dude Ranch and 21st Century Breakdown?  Those are perfect records.     I went into this article thinking surely he would be talking Father of All...but Breakdown!  Breakdown?   Breakdown.

21CBD got great reviews upon release but it's definitely not perfect. The criticisms at the time were that the album was too serious and lacked the band's humor, and the fact that there is a lot of self-plagiarism on the album. They even admitted it in an interview at the time, Mike said something like it was "the most Green Day-influenced Green Day album" and Billie Joe said that he believed the original songs they self-plagiarized had great parts and didn't get the recognition he'd hoped for, which is why they did it.  Because of all that I had a hard time liking the album at first, but it's since grown on me.

• Like 1

Touching testimony from a fan: “Green Day saved me”

Heart-breaking at the Agora Alicia Deschênes discovered Green Day at age eight, when her father bought the album American Idiot. “My first musical crush,” she says. Since then, she tries by all means to play with him on stage or simply to talk to him. She almost got there at the Agora de Québec, during a concert by the punk-rock group in 2010. "It's the most heartbreaking," says the musician. She first won a fan club contest. The prize: special tickets delivered by Billie Joe in person, but not in person as she had hoped. First disappointment. Then, during the concert, a fan was invited to join them on stage for the song Longview. “I had a big poster to go sing. I was in the second row of seated benches, I stood up, everyone started shouting. Billie Joe saw me and told me to come over. Finally, I do not know if because of my age or the fact that I was in the stands, but the guards did not let me pass. I couldn't go. They took someone else." A photo on the run She still has a photo with her Billie Joe, a moment almost stolen from life, at the exit of a show at Les Foufounes Electriques de Montréal. Hit with a guitar by a too-bold admirer, the singer was hurrying towards his vehicle surrounded by his security guards when Alicia Deschênes shouted "Please Billie Joe, I've been waiting for this moment for 14 years!" "He said to me: '14 years old? come here.' We took a picture and he left. It's a memory I treasure."

https://www.journaldequebec.com/2023/07/15/temoignage-touchant-dune-admiratrice--green-day-ma-sauvee

• Like 1