Random Green Day News

Hermione

34 minutes ago, GreenDayItaly said:

I don't know if this is the right section. Anyway....Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong’s son’s band Ultra Q share new single ‘Bowman’

https://www.nme.com/news/music/green-day-frontman-billie-joe-armstrongs-sons-band-ultra-q-share-new-single-bowman-3034691

There’s a Jakob Armstrong thread in General Chat for UltraQ and his projects. It’s already posted there but fyi:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Listening to Ultra Q, because they are Green Day related.  

It's kind of like if Billie Joe fronted The Gorillaz when he was 15 or something.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Been doing my Green Day nerd thing today, researching bands that contain any former or current Green Day related folk.   When I got to Ronnie Blake, it looks like he was working on a solo album in 2016 and 2017, but that's all I can find!  There doesn't seem to be anything else about him on the internet, lol.

Have you guys heard anything he's done outside the ole Green Day Machine, with his non-existent Bouncing Off the Singular Wall Solo?   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

He made sooooo much money playing trombone in Green Day that he could retire to the Bahamas

So he wasn't doing it for the love of music, only for the money? :(

He has a site where he will sell you some of his magic silent horn music. 

http://www.hispeedhorns.com/about.html

There is about a zero percent chance I can afford it, but maybe he will like my song, send it to Billie and Green Day will record it for GD14.

:)

• Like 1

Another night of reading about Green Day, and I stumbled onto an album I didn't know was out there, with a very Green Day sound.   

The Influents album called Some of the Young is pretty awesome.    Jason White and company doing it up.  

• Like 2