Green Day to perform on Ellen on December 13

Dakke

36 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Ellen hasn't even mentioned them yet, she just scared her staff and danced in the aisles

That silly Ellen 

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They just announced that Still Breathing is coming up after the commercial.  Ellen just gave away over $1,000 in stuff to each audience member.  Damn, I need to go on Ellen

The performance of american idiot had no soul plus they played the song slower what's up with that?

They all looked great though and the performance of still breathing was awesome.

Just now, petros said:

The performance from american idiot had no soul plus they played the song slower what's up with that?

They all looked great though and the performance of still breathing was awesome.

Yes american idiot definitely sounded too slow . 🤔

1 minute ago, AmyxLongview said:

No interview :( 

Two performances though! :happy: 

I have to say, their clothes were on point for these performances! The styling this year has been fantastic overall :lol: 

They always look amazing to me. Still Breathing is tough to belt out man, I have been having problems keeping that pitch going through the chorus, and he seems to have the same problems with it. This will certainly clear up when they are right into touring again but, it is certainly easier without a guitar. Still perfecting the live performance. American Idiot has been played that slow a couple times, could be many reasons for that.

Just now, St. Jonny said:

They always look amazing to me. Still Breathing is tough to belt out man, I have been having problems keeping that pitch going through the chorus, and he seems to have the same problems with it. This will certainly clear up when they are right into touring again but, it is certainly easier without a guitar. Still perfecting the live performance. American Idiot has been played that slow a couple times, could be many reasons for that.

I feel like it's played a bit slower so they can play it with more power...if that makes sense. They play it super fast on the AAF recording though :lol: 

Yeah they had it sped up the last couple tours. Just trying another speed now, but the album tempo is best! Works fine how it was recorded.

That's so cool that everyone in the audience got a copy of the album! :happy: And I'm glad that they aired Still Breathing. 

WHY DOES NOONE LET THEM TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALK?!?!?!?!??!:runaround:

Okay now I got that out-

i felt like billie was a little shaky at the start of still breathing, and it sounded somewhat out of tune.
but in saying that, as soon as they hit the chorus the performance just went up from there.
disappointed that didn't play something else from revrad, i feel like they could have played revrad itself and not AI - but whatevz.

13 minutes ago, belinda jane said:

i felt like billie was a little shaky at the start of still breathing, and it sounded somewhat out of tune.
but in saying that, as soon as they hit the chorus the performance just went up from there.
disappointed that didn't play something else from revrad, i feel like they could have played revrad itself and not AI - but whatevz.

Same, they should let AI rest in piece and promote AI 

I actually think AI and then SB was a good choice. AI is topical and also they performed it first, for the audience to go "oh yeah they're the band who did that song" (if they didn't already know), and then closed with the new single to let the audience know they they have new stuff too :P 

I thought the American Idiot performance was dull, and Still Breathing was not strong on Billie Joe's part. I totally expected it. He has been having trouble with it on every recording I've heard. The verses are too low for him, the chorus is too high. To be able to pull something off in the studio with as many takes as you want, is very different from actually being able to perform it live.

So sad. If they could capture the recording in their live performance, or just plainly rough it up a little instead, it could have potential to catch people attention. I don't think Green Day gained many new fans from the Ellen performance.

I thought Still Breathing sounded great! I'm glad they played it. Very emotional and powerful sounding. 

6 minutes ago, madafaka said:

I thought the American Idiot performance was dull, and Still Breathing was not strong on Billie Joe's part. I totally expected it. He has been having trouble with it on every recording I've heard. The verses are too low for him, the chorus is too high. To be able to pull something off in the studio with as many takes as you want, is very different from actually being able to perform it live.

So sad. If they could capture the recording in their live performance, or just plainly rough it up a little instead, it could have potential to catch people attention. I don't think Green Day gained many new fans from the Ellen performance.

I agree about Still Breathing, but I really liked the American Idiot performance! And I'm not too sure the quality of performance would affect the number of fans they gained if people still liked the song. I mean it wasn't that bad. :lol: 

29 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Same, they should let AI rest in piece and promote AI 

Huh?

Billie seemed a bit uncomfortable and at first I wasn't sure they were doing a great performance.  It didn't sound perfect but I enjoyed the heck out of it. Such a powerful song, I get teary eyed every time I hear it (which is at least twice a day).  Once they got to the chorus it was simply amazing.   Great show! 

And American Idiot is a Green Day staple.  30 years from now they will still be playing it.  Sure we've heard it 421 times over the last 12 years but it's one of THOSE songs.  Green Day aren't a nostalgia act just yet, but let's face it.  You might have success throughout your career, but there are songs that you HAVE to play.   

1 minute ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

Huh?

They said:    "Let American Idiot rest in piece and promote American Idiot."   

Sooooooo, I guess they want the band to promote the heck out of their 2004 album, except for the title track, during 2016 and beyond.   

And I feel like American Idiot is back up and revelent again, especially given that Billie keeps inserting Trump into it, which I greatly enjoy:dance:

18 minutes ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

Huh?

I'm pretty sure she meant promote RevRad :P 

Still waiting to to see this Comes on at 4pm here.  thanks for the updates  I am excited to see this.

Billie can't seem to reach the notes on Still Breathing. Everytime he sings it live it's out of tune.

Archived