Green Day on Radio X in the UK tomorrow at 9am

samozzza

49 minutes ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

Is there a link to it somewhere? Could someone share it please? 

48 minutes ago, basketcase4933 said:

I think the links to all three parts are on either page 3 or 4 in this thread :)

Nah, they're part of the first post now.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, basketcase4933 said:

I think the links to all three parts are on either page 3 or 4 in this thread :)

Thanks for posting it all so I don't have to find it myself ❤️ :lol:

11 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

Could he have talked about iHeart any more insensitively?  Billie dealt with that really, really well.

Yes, this is Chris Moyles, it's taken him 20 years to be so sensitive.

Spoke a good bit about heart and wanted to play at least some, if not all of it, Billie said he could talk about it but no when he asked if he could play the clip.  Not long ago he would have played it anyway.  

I felt really bad for Billie when Iheart was brought up, he was clearly uncomfortable with the way Chris Moyles handled the questioning.

Apart from bringing up the iheart thing, thought it was a really good interview. Pissed myself laughing at Tre with the 'shut up bell as the conversation's been riveting' :lol: 

14 hours ago, jengd said:

Spoke a good bit about heart and wanted to play at least some, if not all of it, Billie said he could talk about it but no when he asked if he could play the clip.  Not long ago he would have played it anyway.  

I don't understand how is talking about it still interesting - he doesn't have much to say about it and frankly, it's never been actually shocking anyway.

This must have been super awkward :ermm:

Wow, that was the most boring Green Day interview I've ever seen.  Lame questions equals lame answers.    

Somebody let me interview for a mere 3 days straight, I'll get some good info out of them.  

Will we ever get a side project again?

Will we be hearing any b-sides from RevRad?

What the F(woo) happened to Jason White?  How is he doing?  We saw that his band California posted for the first time in a while the other day.   

Why is there no S on "Bouncing off the Wall"?

Please clarify the lyrics on the new record.

Why no credits in the new record?

All bands say their new record is their best, so don't give us that BS.    Rank your own records from favorite to least favorite.

Are there any Green Day songs that you will never perform live because you hate them so much?

What are you individual favorite Green Day songs?    Please answer the question and don't me BS about how you like them all, you vague-answer giving......sorry Billie Joe.   I just want answers.   

1 hour ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

Wow, that was the most boring Green Day interview I've ever seen.  Lame questions equals lame answers.    

Somebody let me interview for a mere 3 days straight, I'll get some good info out of them.  

Will we ever get a side project again?

Will we be hearing any b-sides from RevRad?

What the F(woo) happened to Jason White?  How is he doing?  We saw that his band California posted for the first time in a while the other day.   

Why is there no S on "Bouncing off the Wall"?

Please clarify the lyrics on the new record.

Why no credits in the new record?

All bands say their new record is their best, so don't give us that BS.    Rank your own records from favorite to least favorite.

Are there any Green Day songs that you will never perform live because you hate them so much?

What are you individual favorite Green Day songs?    Please answer the question and don't me BS about how you like them all, you vague-answer giving......sorry Billie Joe.   I just want answers.   

Do you think? I thought it was one of the better ones. I still feel as others have said that Chris Moyles was wrong and very insensitive asking about iHeart. I mean I'm assuming that when Billie told Rolling Stone that was the only time he was going to speak of these things that's what he meant and Chris Moyles took advantage of the fact that it was live and he could get away with it. I thought Billie looked very uncomfortable.

Some cool ideas for questions there - have you submitted them to the Guardian Q&A today?

On 10/11/2016 at 6:36 AM, jengd said:

Oh god, I hate Chris Moyles, he's awful, can literally talk for 45 minutes and play no music, this will be more about him than anything but will try and catch it anyway :(:lol:

Yup, you were right. 

I think there were some interesting questions for a change and Moyles even seemed genuinely interested in the answers (unlike the Deezer guy.."mmm, ok"), but boy does he take a long time to get a question out. Ask the question and don't try and find 15 different ways to ask it. Thought Green Day were on top form and gave great answers and it was great to hear more from Tre than usual.

2 hours ago, tubbyfox said:

Yup, you were right. 

I think there were some interesting questions for a change and Moyles even seemed genuinely interested in the answers (unlike the Deezer guy.."mmm, ok"), but boy does he take a long time to get a question out. Ask the question and don't try and find 15 different ways to ask it. Thought Green Day were on top form and gave great answers and it was great to hear more from Tre than usual.

Yes, always said that it's always got to be about Moyles, he will never understand that it's not him we want to hear

On 11/11/2016 at 1:58 AM, Jenn. said:

Apart from bringing up the iheart thing, thought it was a really good interview. Pissed myself laughing at Tre with the 'shut up bell as the conversation's been riveting' :lol: 

Yes, I thought it was pretty good, Tre and the onesie conversation!  You could hear Mike's pain lol.

On 11 November 2016 at 4:32 PM, basketcase4933 said:

Do you think? I thought it was one of the better ones. I still feel as others have said that Chris Moyles was wrong and very insensitive asking about iHeart. I mean I'm assuming that when Billie told Rolling Stone that was the only time he was going to speak of these things that's what he meant and Chris Moyles took advantage of the fact that it was live and he could get away with it. I thought Billie looked very uncomfortable.

I totally agree with you! Once the attention was taken off BJ after Moyles asked about iHeart, Billie awkwardly shifted in his seat. I felt so bad for him, as the topic could have been brought up in a more respectful way!!:toocool:

Trying to get caught up on all these interviews! Not a bad problem to have though.

I thought this was good. Even with the iHeart thing, he brought it up quite cautiously wanting to make one lighthearted point about it (the drum thing), respected Billie's wish to not play the clip, didn't make him talk about it, and made his one point moved on. If he'd carried on after that once it was obvious the band weren't up for it then it would've been bad, but once he'd brought it up he had to finish saying one thing about it so I don't think he handled it badly.

13 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Even with the iHeart thing, he brought it up quite cautiously wanting to make one lighthearted point about it (the drum thing), respected Billie's wish to not play the clip, didn't make him talk about it, and made his one point moved on. If he'd carried on after that once it was obvious the band weren't up for it then it would've been bad, but once he'd brought it up he had to finish saying one thing about it so I don't think he handled it badly.

On first listen I really wasn't happy with the way he talked about iHeart, but after subsequent watches I agree that it actually wasn't as bad as I first thought.  He was very cautious about it, he did at least ask before playing the clip, and he gave them a lot of chances to opt-out of it all.  I still think it was misjudged to bring the topic up when it looked like he hadn't cleared it with them at all off air, but it certainly wasn't the disaster it originally seemed like to me.  At the end of the day, it's Billie's story to talk about anyway, so it doesn't really matter whether any of us have a problem with it, as long as he doesn't.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just now getting caught up on this, lol. I just wanted to say that I've never experienced secondhand anxiety as much as I felt for Billie when he brought up iHeart. I could barely watch it. I think it was a rather uncomfortable thing to bring up on air when it seemingly wasn't cleared with them beforehand. That said, I feel like in case of emergency Mike would step in and shut that shit down to take care of his tiny best friend. :lol:

I agree and part of me would like to have seen Mike and Tre beating the shit out of Moyles but I think Billie is probably quite capable of taking care of himself.  I liked the "no" when asked if they could play the clip, there was no arguing with it, good for him.  I don't think Moyles would have had to dig too hard to realise that Billie is hardly proud of that.

Archived