Trilogy Era

TheNimrod51

Oh what the hell. Since there's no bitching about it yet I'll say something. I think this has been Green Day's best era. Literally. I think it's the guys' best era. They all seem to have had a lot of fun, especially after watching Cuatro. I would like to disregard iHeart as part of it. Even if you look at their Instagrams, they all seem like they've had a lot of fun, and have more ahead if them it seems.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit like your comments on the matter every single time. Have you ever actually contributed anything to the discussion beyond bitching about the discussion itself?

I have actually, if you go back a long time. I actually once wrote up my opinion on every song. One post I wrote on why I like the Trilogy got over 10 likes. Another about why the Trilogy failed got 7. I've contributed and it's time to put these circlejerk over how bad the Trilogy is to rest.

This trilogy seriously would've sold more if they didn't release that horrible song "Dirty Rotten Bastards". Not only does that song suck, it's also probably the reason why they changed Crushing Bastards to Loss of Control, which is just sad because "Crushing Bastards" Is only the awesomest name ever

Inb4 25 hates

Dirty Rotten Bastards is stellar, screw you.

I have actually, if you go back a long time. I actually once wrote up my opinion on every song. One post I wrote on why I like the Trilogy got over 10 likes. Another about why the Trilogy failed got 7. I've contributed and it's time to put these circlejerk over how bad the Trilogy is to rest.

Fair enough, I don't recall seeing these posts but I'm tempted to go looking. Congrats on the likes :happy:

As for this so-called circlejerk, people are entitled to share their opinions, however much anyone else disagrees with them.

The Trilogy discussion and debate isn't just beating a dead horse. It's beating a dead horse and then beating yourself to dead with the dead horse.

Well at least it is better than beating off a dead horse.

Actually.... they said on an Mexican Interview they would do a 'Massive Tour' (or at least that was the plan) and South America was at the last of the 21stCB tour, so they said 'probably we're going to tour South America on the middle of the tour'.. and they didnt tour South America on this era yet....

Maybe the brake is all fake?

Maybe they're going to tour South America when the brake is over?

Maybe I'm just being pathetic and desperate?

... :cry:

Dirty Rotten Bastards is stellar, screw you.

oh wow, insult me for having different opinion :P throw me in the oven why don't ya?

Actually.... they said on an Mexican Interview they would do a 'Massive Tour' (or at least that was the plan) and South America was at the last of the 21stCB tour, so they said 'probably we're going to tour South America on the middle of the tour'.. and they didnt tour South America on this era yet....

Maybe the brake is all fake?

Maybe they're going to tour South America when the brake is over?

Maybe I'm just being pathetic and desperate?

... :cry:

That was b4 rehab though

Holy Trilogy, just three things to complain about:

* The lack of songs included on trilogy era shows. I expected a lot to listen to live versions for: DRB, Lazy Bones, Kill the DJ (Actually they did, before iHeart incident), walk away, Makeout Party.

* The "clean" guitars (Mayb for ¡TRÉ! are ok)

* No Southamerican tour.....

Bonus Track: I hate that the setlist were kind of the same everytime, few surprises (but Dookie Live was really cool), almost the same "acts" from the previous eras (specially the KFAD/Shout act), etc.

HOWEVER, I love the trilogy, best thing since Warning!!

oh wow, insult me for having different opinion :P throw me in the oven why don't ya?

A sarcastic insult.

Lets be real, this "break" will likely consist of Billie (and possibly the rest of GD) continuing what he always does...writing new material, which hopefully ends up on the next album(s). I think they are calling it a break so that people will be sidelined and keep their noses out of it. my .02

Lets be real, this "break" will likely consist of Billie (and possibly the rest of GD) continuing what he always does...writing new material, which hopefully ends up on the next album(s). I think they are calling it a break so that people will be sidelined and keep their noses out of it. my .02

I don't think they'll ever have a break. Billie is a musician, as much as he wanted he could never stop the music that is in his head. The lyrics and melodies will keep coming to him. It's not like a light you can just turn on and off as you please.

To be honest, I think they'll record another Foxboro album because they'll get bored.

Oh what the hell. Since there's no bitching about it yet I'll say something. I think this has been Green Day's best era. Literally. I think it's the guys' best era. They all seem to have had a lot of fun, especially after watching Cuatro. I would like to disregard iHeart as part of it. Even if you look at their Instagrams, they all seem like they've had a lot of fun, and have more ahead if them it seems.

pAWQpob.gif

Definitely the worst era in Green Day history. But it gave us Dookie from front to back at some of the shows which is pretty cool :)

Seriously no problem liking the trilogy but you people liking it dont see that Billie's overal writting is worse than it was on Kerplunk?He wrote these lyrics when he was like 20 and sounded more mature, funny and obviously those lyrics are better written than now that he is a 40 year old famous frontman.

Seriously no problem liking the trilogy but you people liking it dont see that Billie's overal writting is worse than it was on Kerplunk?He wrote these lyrics when he was like 20 and sounded more mature, funny and obviously those lyrics are better written than now that he is a 40 year old famous frontman.

I dont think the trilogy was meant to be a lyrical masterpiece tho

I think we should wait to hear their next album before saying Billie writing sucks now

I dont think the trilogy was meant to be a lyrical masterpiece tho

I think we should wait to hear their next album before saying Billie writing sucks now

I didn't say his writting sucks now.I think he didnt put much effort on the trilogy writting.

Also why say "it's not meant to be a lyrical masterpiece"? That's an excuse or something?So he wrote shite lyrics intentionally cause he didnt want these albums to be lyrical masterpieces?

I didn't say his writting sucks now.I think he didnt put much effort on the trilogy writting.

Also why say "it's not meant to be a lyrical masterpiece"? That's an excuse or something?So he wrote shite lyrics intentionally cause he didnt want these albums to be lyrical masterpieces?

My last comment wasn't nessicary at you as ive seen other folks talking about Billie's lyrics regarding the trilogy

And they wanted to just have fun and they had it did every lyric score a point no but alot did STN Missing You Lazy Bones DRB 8th Street Brutal Love Rusty James Amy X-Kid Carpe Diem lyrically are great songs

Every artist has songs that may not be on the level as past works and yes alot of the trilogy is GD's low level

But I still enjoyed the trilogy save for a few tracks but yeah I wouldnt use the majority to showcase GD

A totally unofficial label such as the "Trilogy era" isn't something that can come to an official end. There are no official ends or beginnings of Green Day eras, they're just loose terms to vaguely describe different time periods of the band's history.

But anyway the band are releasing an album of Trilogy demos next month and we have no idea if they'll do more stuff after that or not, so I'm gonna say that this era isn't over by any definition and we still have plenty to enjoy from it yet! And to answer the OP's questions, I have loved everything :D

It'll always be associated with a confusing time in my life. Just graduated college last May, trying to figure out what to do with my life, fell in love for the first time, had my heart broken for the first time, still in love, just want to get away...a lot of those themes of desire, lust, longing, are explored in the trilogy. Stray Heart is my jam.

To be honest, I think they'll record another Foxboro album because they'll get bored.

I would be very ok with this.

Im indifferent to the albums. I love a lot of songs from them but really dislike others.

The albums were great. I felt like more of the songs should have been played live. From the setlists on setlist.fm, they just played the same few over and over and over. Also, they hardly played anything from Dos!.

I really think the 'Trilogy Era' was really over before UNO even came out. It started with all of the secret shows, where the band was having a blast writing, demoing, playing new songs for people. The era kind of had a loose, never ending summer kind of vibe and that was awesome. I wish I could have seen one of those secret shows. Then the era ended in September 2012, after that I really think it was something different, but that's okay.

I think it's kind of interesting though, because the arc of the trilogy is really- party, out of control breakdown, reality/recovery. And the band actually went through the same type of thing. Life imitating art.

This will be my favorite era of Green Day just because I got to see them live for the first time. It was the best night of my life and I couldn't be happier with the setlist they played for my first show! http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/green-day/2013/los-angeles-sports-arena-los-angeles-ca-63d8c617.html

But I can't remember for the life of me hearing F.O.D. live. I seriously have no recollection of that song being played

:ermm:

Archived