Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

DVD's don't look as nice as CD's and they are just clutter.

That's subjective, though. I think that CDs are ugly as hell myself; they're way too small compared to vinyl sleeves, which is the way the artwork was originally meant to be seen for most older albums, and a lot of the time the casing just looks cheap (though the newer cardboard cases remedy that somewhat). Plus, I'm a massive books guy, and DVD cases are just closer to books in terms of dimensions.

I'd imagine owning a DVD would be a pretty similar experience.

I'm ashamed to admit I laughed rather loudly at this.

• Like 1

That's subjective, though. I think that CDs are ugly as hell myself; they're way too small compared to vinyl sleeves, which is the way the artwork was originally meant to be seen for most older albums, and a lot of the time the casing just looks cheap (though the newer cardboard cases remedy that somewhat). Plus, I'm a massive books guy, and DVD cases are just closer to books in terms of dimensions.

I just feel like DVDs are so cheaply made now. Thin, fragile cases and bland colored discs. I feel like I get more in a CD.

If DVDs came with a copy of the screenplay, they would be on the same level as CDs.

• Like 2

i know mike has in ear monitors but do tre and billie joe?

Billie definitely has some ear piece. Pretty sure Tre does too.

i know mike has in ear monitors but do tre and billie joe?

There'd be literally no reason for them not to and it's standard practice for them to, so I'd say yes. It's possible there are some shows where they do and some where they don't but aside from the rare show in a bar or a tiny club it'd be very odd for them not to have some sort of feedback on their playing.

Billie definitely has some ear piece. Pretty sure Tre does too.

There'd be literally no reason for them not to and it's standard practice for them to, so I'd say yes. It's possible there are some shows where they do and some where they don't but aside from the rare show in a bar or a tiny club it'd be very odd for them not to have some sort of feedback on their playing.

thanks i just saw a photo the other day i didnt see any in billie or tre

thanks i just saw a photo the other day i didnt see any in billie or tre

There are some really inconspicuous ones out there. If it was a large show it was probably just well-hidden, if it was a small show he might not have needed one.

If DVDs came with a copy of the screenplay, they would be on the same level as CDs.

Excellent point, the lyrics are my favorite part of owning a CD. American Idiots linear notes is a work of art in itself

• Like 3

Excellent point, the lyrics are my favorite part of owning a CD. American Idiots linear notes is a work of art in itself

I mean, it's kind of a stretch comparing them that way. I don't envision too many kids sitting down with their hundred page script and a pair of headphones to memorize all of Ace Ventura's dialogue.

The larger point was just that DVD packaging is sparse, bland and just generally lacking. What do they give you besides a printed menu of chapters and a lineup of the production company's other movies that they want you to buy?

I mean, it's kind of a stretch comparing them that way. I don't envision too many kids sitting down with their hundred page script and a pair of headphones to memorize all of Ace Ventura's dialogue.

The larger point was just that DVD packaging is sparse, bland and just generally lacking. What do they give you besides a printed menu of chapters and a lineup of the production company's other movies that they want you to buy?

Yeah I wasn't really comparing CDs and DVDs I just love the linear notes in them. DVDs are cool with all the deleted scenes and shit like that though, I love watching movies with like commentary from the directors and actors cause you usually learn cool stuff

• Like 1

That's the one thing that sucks about pirated movies - no deleted scenes and stuff :(

I've never pirated a movie that didn't have all the extras on it as well. Make sure they're DVD rips, loser.

I've never pirated a movie that didn't have all the extras on it as well. Make sure they're DVD rips, loser.

If you just get avi or mp4, they're just the main feature. You'd have to get an iso to get the menus and extras

I'm clueless for years now, and never dared to ask, but I want to know if anyone can answer me these questions:

(* = I know what the song is about, but now what the title means)

Why is the song called "Paper Lanterns"?

Is Pasalacqua a real place? If so, why pick Pasalacqua?

What does the title "One for the Razorbacks" mean?*

What does the title "Sassafras Roots" mean?*

What does the title "Emenius Sleepus" mean?*

What does the title "Armatage Shanks" mean?*

What does the title "Deadbeat Holiday" mean?

Nicely done!

Just want to add that the toilet company is actually called Armitage Shanks (it's written on nearly all public toilets here, he must've been over in the UK when he saw it), he spelled it wrong.

Nicely done!

Just want to add that the toilet company is actually called Armitage Shanks (it's written on nearly all public toilets here, he must've been over in the UK when he saw it), he spelled it wrong.

He mentioned it on twitter, he was recording at the BBC, went to the toilet and noticed the brand.

here and here

• Like 3

I'm clueless for years now, and never dared to ask, but I want to know if anyone can answer me these questions:

(* = I know what the song is about, but now what the title means)

Why is the song called "Paper Lanterns"?

Is Pasalacqua a real place? If so, why pick Pasalacqua?

What does the title "One for the Razorbacks" mean?*

What does the title "Sassafras Roots" mean?*

What does the title "Emenius Sleepus" mean?*

What does the title "Armatage Shanks" mean?*

What does the title "Deadbeat Holiday" mean?

Wanted to add that The Razorbacks are the college sports team of Arkansas State University, and Billie dated a girl from Arkansas for a bit

• Like 1

Paper Lanterns also float away, and it sort of fits with the theme of the song.

• Like 1

• Hermione changed the title to Green Day Q&A Thread
  • lizziebix pinned this topic