New shows setlist discussion

Metadon

20 hours ago, Hermione said:

It did used to take a loooooooong time to do the whole band though lol, as fond of watching on stage traditions/antics as I am even I have to admit it was a bit much for them to spend like 15 minutes searching to find a band to play for like the last 1 minute of a song :P. I think it was a smart choice to streamline it to just the guitarist. 

Agreed. They ended up using too much time on finding three people that actually could play.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always thought KYE was the wrong the choice as the opener for this tour , But after last night it really does work it's magic;  getting the big outdoor crowd hyped and breaking the ice kinda thing. If they would have had more longer pro shot footage released , (I would have admittedi was wrong alot earlier ! haha) . 

I thought the setlist for Global Citizens was very smartly chosen. All singalong hits, nothing from RevRad, tight setlist. It wasn’t about promoting their new album, it was about engaging with a festival crowd and it worked.

They should start their shows with the Panic Song-intro and then kick into Bang Bang or KYE or whatever :shifty: (Thoughts you have on the train).

Sure, that would be epic. But I think there's a reason why they haven't really played the panic song live...

I would do:

Panic Song Intro

Band Bang

Know Your Enemy 

I feel like KYE is a good second song, it worked well as second song on both previous tours and it should go back to being the second song in my opinion.

Yeah, it's not very likely that it will ever happen, but I like the idea...

Starting with Bang Bang could work as well. It has this intro which is a little bit quieter than the rest of the song and then: Bang! Plus, it would be awesome to have a curtain that falls when the "intro" ends and the song kicks in. But I'm not their manager, so... :lol:

KYE should stay. It's not their best song, but it helps to get the crowd go crazy. And it also allows them to interact with the fans, so I wouldn't get rid of it.

So I would do the following:

Bang Bang

KYE

RevRad

Holiday

That's a nice mixture of new and old stuff.

2 hours ago, CherryBombs&Gasoline said:

They should start their shows with the Panic Song-intro and then kick into Bang Bang or KYE or whatever :shifty: (Thoughts you have on the train).

I think that's awesome! It's like green day teasing playing and then boom power of Bang Bang. I like it haha 

did anybody ever find out what the hell that jam thing in between when i come around & basket case was at the rock and roll hall of fame? i was excited for that "song" (i guess?) to be on their then-upcoming album..

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 4:00 PM, imXieli said:

did anybody ever find out what the hell that jam thing in between when i come around & basket case was at the rock and roll hall of fame? i was excited for that "song" (i guess?) to be on their then-upcoming album..

Good question. As best as I can tell, the interlude was a relatively standard progression with a few twists thrown in for effect (some of the timing/ drum parts helped make it interesting). I've seen them do similar things on earlier tours, although not that tightly scripted. It seems to me as if it were a pre-written & scripted interlude which probably came together during rehearsals for the HOF performance- it was absolutely really cool, and keep in mind I'm just speculating here, but I don't think it was part of a true song. More like an interesting bridge they had specifically put together for this performance.

On 26 September 2017 at 6:00 AM, imXieli said:

I forgot about that - i loved everything about their induction. 

On ‎25‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 5:30 PM, MillenniumFan said:

Sure, that would be epic. But I think there's a reason why they haven't really played the panic song live...

I would do:

Panic Song Intro

Band Bang

Know Your Enemy 

I feel like KYE is a good second song, it worked well as second song on both previous tours and it should go back to being the second song in my opinion.

I'd love this intro! Bang Bang is such a good opener, starting with KYE always confused me a little. I guess the chant-like aspect appeals to them, but Bang Bang is just so exciting and everyone goes nuts when the curtain drops to show the radio.

Is anyone else a little tired of Holiday and BOBD? I know they're huge hits and will never get taken off, but I'd love to see them replaced with Somewhere Now and Say Goodbye.

3 minutes ago, AmyxLongview said:

Is anyone else a little tired of Holiday and BOBD? I know they're huge hits and will never get taken off, but I'd love to see them replaced with Somewhere Now and Say Goodbye.

Me. I used to think BOBD was overplayed but recently Holiday's felt even more overplayed 

Not too fussed either way about Holiday (although it's one of my faves from AI) but if they ever cut BOBD I'd be extremely disappointed. The message of weirdos coming together and the singing along, it's the essence of GD live (to me).

38 minutes ago, AmyxLongview said:

Its not gonna happen though.

I would love Say Goodbye but I think Somewhere Now would be a bloody hard some for BJ to sing in an arena.  Especially when he struggled throughout the tour with his vocals.

Yeah Holiday's been on my hitlist for years. East Jesus Nowhere would've been a good replacement and now Say Goodbye would be too. It's good but there's plenty of other AI songs played and newer songs are queuing up as suitable replacements so should be dispensable imo. But it won't be because of its current relevance and their AI obsession.

I like BOBD live a lot. But I'd give up pretty much any song to see Somewhere Now.

BOBD allows for people to hold their phone lights up - and if that isn't in the setlist, there will be none of that. It's always a beautiful moment, seeing the audience like that.

2 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

BOBD allows for people to hold their phone lights up - and if that isn't in the setlist, there will be none of that. It's always a beautiful moment, seeing the audience like that.

should be lighters up not phone lights...

It took them 19 years to play Dookie in full. So we might have to wait until the 2030's for Rev Red to be played in full :lol:

I'd love an acoustic version of troubled times in the setlist one day..don't even know how the fuck it would sound but just imagining it, I want it /a girl can dream 

18 hours ago, Hermione said:

I like BOBD live a lot. But I'd give up pretty much any song to see Somewhere Now.

Reminds me of this :lol:

14 hours ago, -Billiejoezee- said:

I'd love an acoustic version of troubled times in the setlist one day..don't even know how the fuck it would sound but just imagining it, I want it /a girl can dream 

I like the thought of that actually, would prefer it over a full band version

47 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

Great :lol:. I loved seeing Forever Now but I did especially appreciate the repeated Somewhere Now bit because Somewhere Now > Forever Now and I knew that was the closest I'd get to it :P 

8 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Great :lol:. I loved seeing Forever Now but I did especially appreciate the repeated Somewhere Now bit because Somewhere Now > Forever Now and I knew that was the closest I'd get to it :P 

I love Forever Now but I appreciate the fact that a lot people want to hear it, makes sense though tbf :P 

They need to put Muder City in their Setlist!! Letterbomb and Muder City are the 2 best song I've ever heard during Live.

5 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

I like the thought of that actually, would prefer it over a full band version

I thought this before too, I felt since forever now is like a two in one song that’s why they play it. :lol:

and yeah I feel like an acoustic version of troubled times would sound amazing tbh

Archived