New shows setlist discussion

Metadon

On 2/14/2017 at 7:11 PM, blueshadows said:

Hearing Troubled Times and Say Goodbye would be so great. Really hope these songs make it to the US/Canada leg of the tour.

Heard Say Goodbye during sound check @ Xcel Energy Center it was fucking awesome!

On 4/6/2017 at 8:31 AM, blueshadows said:

In a set of 28-30 songs, I think it's perfectly normal to have a couple of songs that people in general are less familiar with and react a bit less to when you have an audience of like 10,000 people.

So I hope it's not the lack of response that makes them cut those songs.

Maybe gems like Scattered and Christie Road are more suitable for club shows.

Billie was also sick recently, so I wonder if that could be the reason why they'd cut a song they feel people in general won't miss too much.

In recent interviews Billie has said it's hard to play deeper cuts at big arenas, that they are mostly reserved for smaller club shows, I was lucky enough to win the scavenger hunt in Berkeley and see that show and it was fucking awesome. Best show I've seen. Met Billie and got his autograph, took pics with the Jasons, talked with White and he gave me picks, and got Mike's pick. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 86edBurnout said:

Heard Say Goodbye during sound check @ Xcel Energy Center it was fucking awesome!

Really? Damn, I really hope they add it to the setlist at some point.

I wonder if they will drop Youngblood for the OZ tour & add a different RevRad song.

19 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

I wonder if they will drop Youngblood for the OZ tour & add a different RevRad song.

I reckon they might trade Youngblood for Say Goodbye, or maybe alternate between the two.
Didn't they also soundcheck Too Dumb To Die? Or did I misread that somewhere?
Cause I would DIE if they played that live. It's my FAAAAAV off RevRad right now.

On 10 April 2017 at 5:45 AM, belinda jane said:

I reckon they might trade Youngblood for Say Goodbye, or maybe alternate between the two.
Didn't they also soundcheck Too Dumb To Die? Or did I misread that somewhere?
Cause I would DIE if they played that live. It's my FAAAAAV off RevRad right now.

Yes TDTD is the best RevRad song!

I really hope play TDTD and American Eulogy at Sheffield in July!

On 10.4.2017 at 6:24 AM, Tinkle said:

I have a feeling they won't drop it cause Billie loves it so much

I bet in the summer tour they play a little longer and/or their sets might vary a little more. I was checking out setlists from the 21st Century Breakdown Tour and they weren't even playing 25 songs at the beginning of the tour and the same songs every night. By then end of the tour they were playing around 35 or so a night and had a different setlist. Same thing on the 99 Rev tour. The difference on this tour is that they started out by playing 28 songs a night and haven't changed anything really. When on other tours they started out with a shorter set and at this point they were playing longer sets and switching songs around. So hopefully when they make their second rounds through the UK, Europe, and the US they will start switching up things again. I believe most of the shows are scheduled to start about a half hour earlier, but that just might be the fact that it's 90% outdoor venues and not making more stage time for Green Day. 

1 hour ago, Tinkle said:

So what everyone is saying is they are not changing the setlist for Australia. 

I reckon it might not for Perth and Adelaide. But when the second shows in a row come along..

But even still, after 21CB shows, I really don't know what to expect from them when they come here.
We'll just have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, belinda jane said:

I reckon it might not for Perth and Adelaide. But when the second shows in a row come along..

But even still, after 21CB shows, I really don't know what to expect from them when they come here.
We'll just have to wait and see.

I'm not going to follow Perth & Adelaide - I want to be surprised in Melbourne. 

Just now, Tinkle said:

I'm not going to follow Perth & Adelaide - I want to be surprised in Melbourne. 

Same!
I have said that I'm going to try and hide certain posts on Facebook and "try" to avoid the guys' instagram posts.
As long as I don't see the set lists. I want SOME type of surprise, haha.

For a show like Wrigley Field I'd imagine they'd have to change the set list since they just played Chicago earlier this year. No song in their catalog should be off limits and while I wish they'd pull a Pearl Jam and switch it up more from night to night that probably will not happen. 

I wish I could listen Last Night On Earth, Restless Heart Syndrome or Whatsername. Green Day don't sing them often on stage in my opinion.

I really wish they'd drop KYE as their only song from 21CB... I mean really? That album is filled with amazing music and the only song they play from it is one of the most generic and repetitive songs by them ever? Don't get me wrong its not a bad song, and I loved it when it came out, but by Green Day standards there are far better ones on that album to choose from, especially if they are only going to pick one song from it :(

1 hour ago, RisingRedWolf said:

I really wish they'd drop KYE as their only song from 21CB... I mean really? That album is filled with amazing music and the only song they play from it is one of the most generic and repetitive songs by them ever? Don't get me wrong its not a bad song, and I loved it when it came out, but by Green Day standards there are far better ones on that album to choose from, especially if they are only going to pick one song from it :(

so true it's probably my least favourite song off the album- still a good song live but I usually skip it when it pops up on shuffle. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, ok... Seems like they've shortened the setlist even more: no Burnout and no Waiting. Why? 

This is just my opinion but there are many songs i wish i could see live:

WITHOUT A DOUBT EAST JESUS NOWHERE. Possibly the most awesome song i have seen by GD played live. Fuckn epic 

-Wake Me Up When September Ends. 

-21 Guns 

-Brain Stew

-Welcome to Paradise

-Whatsername (maybe acoustic cover?).

-Christie Road

-21st century breakdown

-Viva La Gloria

-the forgotten

16 hours ago, MilleniumFan said:

Wow, ok... Seems like they've shortened the setlist even more: no Burnout and no Waiting. Why? 

The rumour is that the setlist was only shortened due to the strict venue on timing. We will know for sure tomorrow in Adelaide.

36 minutes ago, RisingRedWolf said:

The rumour is that the setlist was only shortened due to the strict venue on timing. We will know for sure tomorrow in Adelaide.

What time did the show end?

39 minutes ago, RisingRedWolf said:

Here we were last week thinking we were going to get a longer setlist:ga:

Archived