New shows setlist discussion

Metadon

17 minutes ago, Nowhere Man said:

I'm a bit worried they got rid of Waiting and WTP at the recent shows!

Seems like they were nixed for Knowledge.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Since I love you, I will try.  However, the poor dear is being very difficult lately, I'm still working on that Youngblood issue.

Thank you, dear. I agree Youngblood is a priority right now. He needs to understand it should be replaced by literally any revrad song.

2 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Thank you, dear. I agree Youngblood is a priority right now. He needs to understand it should be replaced by literally any revrad song.

you and @Scattered Wreck are both 

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

you and @Scattered Wreck are both 

Wrong, but I love you anyway.

11 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

As far as I am concerned, it can be replaced by an Insomniac song  

I love Youngblood, but I also believe someone should have written better lyrics for it. The way they are makes it almost a guilty pleasure. 

1 minute ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Wrong, but I love you anyway.

Sorry i love ya but Youngblood should be the opener song from here on out 

1 minute ago, WhiteTim said:

Sorry i love ya but Youngblood should be the opener song from here on out 

4288380.jpg

1 minute ago, Scattered Wreck said:

4288380.jpg

I'd prefer it over KYE. It's fun and bouncy. They could open with dancing in the leopard thong instead of KYE as far as I am concerned. 

I do think it's a bit silly to open with KYE instead of a new song but I'll be glad to see it live again. Surely I'm not the only one who sings "RAW HAM"?

And Youngblood is fabulous

8 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I do think it's a bit silly to open with KYE instead of a new song but I'll be glad to see it live again. Surely I'm not the only one who sings "RAW HAM"?

And Youngblood is fabulous

It is. However, I'm going to enjoy screaming RAW HAM. It's the best part of that song! 

32 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

I'll make sure they dedicate it to you when you see them @Scattered Wreck

So you want Billie to tell me I'm his little Youngblood??  OK, you win.

34 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I'd prefer it over KYE. It's fun and bouncy. 

Until he sings

Youngblood is one of my least favorite songs on RevRad, but I have to say that played live is much better: so catchy and fresh. :dance:

The problem is that no one sings the "fuck you I'm from Oakland" line and it feels like... :sorry:

Youngblood is just so terrible though :lol: It's worse than Strangeland lyrics wise and that's saying something :lol: Criminal that they're playing it live and there's the entire Insomniac album sitting there being magnificent yet redundant. Who would rather sing along to Panic Song, Stuart and The Ave, Stuck With Me, Geek Stink Breath, 86, Babs Uvula Who or Walking Contradiction (for example) rather than yell about getting drunk and falling into hedges :rolleyes: I know I would. 

This is one thing that I always admired about one of my favorite bands Rush. The would have an almost completely different set list from every tour for example.

Clockwork Angels Tour                                      R40 Tour

1. Subdivisions                                                 1. The Anarchist 

2. The Big Money                                             2. Clockwork Angels 

3. The Force Ten                                              3. Headlong Flight 

4. Grand Designs (last played 1986).              4. Far Cry

5. Limelight                                                      5. The Main Monkey Business

6. Territories                                                    6. How it Is (first time live) 

7. The Analog Kid (last played 1997)             7. Animate (last played 2004) 

8. The Pass (last played 2002)                      8. Roll The Bones (Last played 2004)

9. Where's My Thing                                      9. Distant Early Warning 

10. Far Cry                                                    10. Subdivisions 

11. Caravan                                                   11. Tom Sawyer 

12. Clockwork Angels                                   12. Red Barchetta 

13. The Anarchist                                         13. The Spirit of Radio 

14. Carnies                                                   14. Jacobs Ladder (last played 1980)

15. The Wreckers                                         15. Hemispheres (last played 1994)

16. Headlong Flight                                      16. Cygnus X1( last played 2002)

17. Halo Effect                                              17. Closer to the heart 

18. Wish Them Well                                      18. Xanadu (last played 2004)

19. The Garden                                             19. 2112 

20. Dreamline                                                20. Lakeside Park (last played 1978)

21. Red Sector A                                           21. Anthem (last played 1980)

22. YYZ                                                       22. What You're Doing (last played 1977)

23. The Spirit of Radio                                23. Working Man 

24. Tom Sawyer 

25. 2112 

These weren't the setlists used on every single night of the  tour because of the songs bring rotated in and out, but if people are using the excuse of "Green Day is trying to get comfortable again" it's irrelevant. If 3 60+ year old men can get up and play songs that 50 times harder than Green Day's for 3 hours every night and basically present a new setlist every tour then so can Green Day. Tour rehearsals exist so bands can find their groove. 

3 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Until he sings

Makes me regret I ever learned English and so does Revolution Radio. Both get better when I stop paying attention to the lyrics. 

2 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Makes me regret I ever learned English and so does Revolution Radio. Both get better when I stop paying attention to the lyrics. 

I always pay more attention to music than to lyrics. Let's say it's 75:25, maybe even more. :)

3 minutes ago, End Of The World said:

I always pay more attention to music than to lyrics. Let's say it's 75:25, maybe even more. :)

For me it depends on who is singing. I'm more likely to pay attention when it's easy to understand. So lyrics on revrad the song particularly stand out but I am able to overhear a good half of insomniac.

I'm not convinced by KYE as the opening song. Somewhere Now then Bang Bang then Rev Rad then KYE, that is the order I'd like to see. Or even Bang Bang, Rev Rad then KYE. 

Like @Jane Lannister, if I focus on the lyrics or not depends on what I'm listening to. If I can actually hear what they're singing, I'm more likely to listen to the lyrics (obviously). Varies from song to song.

Guys I think I found one of the best set-lists Green Day ever made. 

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/green-day/2014/arena-joondalup-perth-australia-2bc29c0a.html

This Australian tour was amazing. 

1) They returned EJN back in the setlist just for Australia

2) They Played WMUWSE

3) Both Chump/Brain Stew

4) Brutal Love/Nuclear Family

5) All the classic

6) 32 songs

7) AND FUCKING REDUNDANT (although partial and acoustic)

This should have been pure gold.

They're playing plenty of songs, but I'm iffy about some of their song choices. KYE is an old song—why would you open with an old song? That is so strange to me. People are plenty acquainted with Bang Bang by now—surely that would make for a more energized opener. I don't dislike KYE, but it should be pushed back in the set. My main issue is that I REALLY do not understand why they're leaving Say Goodbye out. That could be thrown in instead of Holiday or Letterbomb, easily (I enjoy both those songs, but I would also like to hear new material). They talked about their excitement to play Say Goodbye on multiple occasions, and we still haven't heard it. 

I guess I'm just surprised the setlist hasn't really evolved much from the club shows. There's nothing wrong with the set, but I was just hoping for a refresh. 

2 minutes ago, Stefano Bras said:

Why dID THEY REPLACED WAITING WITH SCATTERED, AAAAAAAAAAA.

They didn't, they were both in the setlist in Turin.  It looks like they just took Waiting out.

Plus, Scattered is my favorite.  So Billie leaves it in.

On 15/1/2017 at 7:01 PM, Dakke said:

Oh yes. I'm gonna bring an old stained sheet and write 'Outlaws' on it as huge as it can fucking be :D

I'm seriously doing the same thing for the London gig, they NEED to play Outlaws.

Ffs it's a new song, it's not like I'm asking for them to play Tight Wad Hill or any deep cut, I just need Outlaws:cry:

Archived