11 - Forever Now

Lone

On 1/21/2017 at 2:26 PM, MMwhatsername said:

I absolutely love Forever Now live. After hearing it live for the first time on Wednesday, it already feels like a song they've played for years, and I love how passionate Billie sings it. Especially the way he screams the last "I ain't gonna stand in line no more", supported by the pyro effects. It's fucking perfect. Definitely one of my (live-) favourites of all time.

Yeah, it's their best multi-part live song (though Dirty Rotten Bastards would sound awesome too with that bass solo). Jesus of Suburbia doesn't sound that much better live and American Eulogy is not on par with Forever Now. Coupling it with Still Breathing was a great decision, it lifts the show to its apex.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Marki. said:

I hope this song never leaves their setlist. It's incredible live, even better than on the record. 

I agree, it's powerful. I'd go as far as saying I liked it better than Jesus Of Suburbia. FN is more cohesive.

16 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I agree, it's powerful. I'd go as far as saying I liked it better than Jesus Of Suburbia. FN is more cohesive.

I knew there was a reason I love you.  I agree 100%.  I've actually learned to appreciate Homecoming more than JOS as well.  If I  was able to change one thing in the setlist I would take out JOS and keep KFAD.  Don't tell @Tinkle

19 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I knew there was a reason I love you.  I agree 100%.  I've actually learned to appreciate Homecoming more than JOS as well.  If I  was able to change one thing in the setlist I would take out JOS and keep KFAD.  Don't tell @Tinkle

It's a tough one to decide between JOS and Homecoming. I prefer Homecoming and definitely listen to it more often but I believe both are great. 

2 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

It's a tough one to decide between JOS and Homecoming. I prefer Homecoming and definitely listen to it more often but I believe both are great. 

I agree, I do think both are great as well.  But like Forever Now, I think Homecoming is more cohesive and I like it better live.   

1 hour ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I would say JOS could be left only if for Homecoming. Still an incredible song.

And about Forever Now, agree with everything, I can easily put it in TOP 10 Green Day songs ever (with Bang Bang being in TOP 20). Wish it becomes a Green Day classic, unfortunately seems to be deservedely loved only by mad fans like us :( 

29 minutes ago, Nowhere Man said:

I would say JOS could be left only if for Homecoming. Still an incredible song.

And about Forever Now, agree with everything, I can easily put it in TOP 10 Green Day songs ever (with Bang Bang being in TOP 20). Wish it becomes a Green Day classic, unfortunately seems to be deservedely loved only by mad fans like us :( 

I agree JOS is a great song, I just don't think it is a great live song.  

41 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I agree that it's more cohesive, but not sure if I could already say I liked it better than JOS... I probably enjoyed it more because it was the first I could hear it live and it was so great.

2 hours ago, Marki. said:

I agree that it's more cohesive, but not sure if I could already say I liked it better than JOS... I probably enjoyed it more because it was the first I could hear it live and it was so great.

I loved both. FN had the advantage of being played first too. 

9 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

WTF DID I JUST READ

1 minute ago, Tinkle said:

EVEN YOU ARE TURNING AGAINST ME:mad::lol:

Someone had to break it to you, dear. We all secretly love KFAD and only pretend to hate it because we love you even more. :ga:

Just now, Jane Lannister said:

Someone had to break it to you, dear. We all secretly love KFAD and only pretend to hate it because we love you even more. :ga:

but take out JOS & leave KFAD - that is total blasphemy - what is the bitch thinking. 

10 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

WTF DID I JUST READ

Dammit @Jane Lannister I told you not to tell her!

1 minute ago, Tinkle said:

but take out JOS & leave KFAD - that is total blasphemy - what is the bitch thinking. 

I would replace JOS with Homecoming

2 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

What she said

3 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

I'm afraid she was thinking of you :lol:

On 26/01/2017 at 11:12 AM, Scattered Wreck said:

ABSOLUTE MADNESS WTF

KFAD?!?!? Literally one of the worst songs they've ever written smfh

Still love this song to this day. Still the best thing on RevRad. Hope they play it live at the O2, doubt it though because of how much of a mainstream audience it'll be. 

It's an absolute crying shame that the trilogy is completely ignored live. X-kid? Missing You? Lazy Bones? Nuclear Family? Wish I saw them around the trilogy era time just to see some songs.

1 minute ago, Platypus2000 said:

Still love this song to this day. Still the best thing on RevRad. Hope they play it live at the O2, doubt it though because of how much of a mainstream audience it'll be. 

It's an absolute crying shame that the trilogy is completely ignored live. X-kid? Missing You? Lazy Bones? Nuclear Family? Wish I saw them around the trilogy era time just to see some songs.

Haven't followed the setlist so far but am sure this is being played every night.

Agree with the second line as well - except for X-kid - just not a good live song imo.

They will play it live. It's been a staple since the album release. 

As for the Trilogy, they've publicly stated they don't want to perform it just yet (I personally think Mike hates everything from that era more than Billie because he watched Billie go off the rails). Maybe toward the end of the American summer tour, but I wouldn't bet on it.

2 minutes ago, Dakke said:

They will play it live. It's been a staple since the album release. 

Forever Now is one of my favourite Green Day songs ever. Perfection. SO STOKED that everyone thinks they'll play it! I will sing every fucking god damn word 😂😂

Forever Now is one of my favourite Green Day songs ever. Perfection. SO STOKED that everyone thinks they'll play it! I will sing every fucking god damn word 😂😂

It's also one of their greatest live songs. It's so epic with the pyro added into the mix. I've stated it often before, but Revolution Radio is a record that shines when it's performed live. Just about every song sounds significantly better live, even Youngblood.

Archived