02 - Bang Bang

Lone

I've been listening to bang bang on and off throughout the day. I honestly love it more and more with each listen! I really appreciate the contrast between the dark topical lyrics and the otherwise upbeat music. 

Also, it feels good to be back here and see so many familiar faces! I think the last time I posted here before today was early 2013!?!? Yikes!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, TimmyChunks said:

Enjoy! I'm sure someone's asked before but I've never seen it posted- what do you do? I love how GD connects so many of us from all over the world from so many walks of life- for example, I work in finance, and I've loved this band for 22 years. My son is 4 and had no choice. I think we have artists, attorneys, musicians, and contractors on this site. I love how such a wide range of different people can get together and enjoy this common love for a great band. An even greater band now that we've had a chance to digest BB, I might add.

Very nice. I'm glad Green Day has allowed us to pass the baton of good music along to the little ones!

Have the same situation with my boys.  Whenever they get in my wife's car and are upset Green Day chills them out or they say put on pop's music.  Boys were getting down today when I played the new music. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, AndrewW91 said:

I was wondering this earlier.  I'm astonished the lyric video isn't even on Green Days official channel.

I was confused too... maybe google did have a fall out with warner as of now? But they should totally get it on you tube because more people are going to see it on there than facebook. Hopefully for the real video it's on there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Schlappy said:

This song is mega meaty. I just love how it demonstrates the unity of their individuals sounds. Mike galloping away with that baseline matching with Billies grit then HEY TRES HERE SOLO TIME!!! Makes me wanna jump around and crash into people.

I could totally see this being the last song of the night and everybody losing their minds in the pit. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

I could totally see this being the last song of the night and everybody losing their minds in the pit. 

Someone may get hurt. I'm ready. 

• Like 3

Has anyone seen Billie's new little video of him demonstrating cutting a single on a record engraver? Does this mean physical singles!!!!!!!!:dance:

• Like 4

Was listening to the radio today on the way home and Bang Bang came on, Damn it feels good to have good rock on the radio again!!! :dance: 

• Like 2

Took me one listen and I fell in love... dumped my gf.... and I'm marrying this album.  Speaking of which, hear about that woman who married the Eiffel tower?  Seriously, look it up. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

Prediction: It's going in the middle of the set where St. Jimmy usually fits.  But yeah if you're in the pit, better have your body armor on.  This one's gonna leave a few dents.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

First it was "Can you believe that the band who made Dookie just released American Idiot?" Now it's "Can you believe that the band who made the Trilogy just released this song?"

Can you believe the band who made Xmas Time of The Year released this shit?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Themotherfucker said:

Can you believe the band who made Xmas Time of The Year released this shit?

It's not shit..... it's coal, speaking of Xmas, being crushed and crushed over a boat load of years to make a diamond.   Illuminati. 

Okay so I have tried to collect my thoughts after listening to the song like 10 times in a row. I think this is the lead single Green Day NEEDED.

It is fast, loud, angry and political. They needed to come back and make a statement and that's what they've done... ahhh they are back! 

• Like 1

The damn station I listened to over my way, after the 6-10 am funny show... played  When I Come Around,  and I'm in my bed just waiting,  and then American Idiot,  I fell asleep but could look at the most recent songs they played, and it was 'Good Riddance'!!!    I called and called but to no avail so I did some shite around the house and put on another alt. rock station...   3 pm she plays 'Holiday' and says at the end, 'and later on, we have new Green Day!   5 P.M my time she played it.   So I would like to give a huge shout out to the mods who were able to let me here this song sooner.  Thank you.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tresexy101 said:

It's not shit..... it's coal, speaking of Xmas, being crushed and crushed over a boat load of years to make a diamond.   Illuminati. 

What I don't get is right now they let out Bang Bang which is fucking awesome, but just a matter of months ago they put out, 'the Christmas incident'. Boy am I glad they turned that around fast.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

What I don't get is right now they let out Bang Bang which is fucking awesome, but just a matter of months ago they put out, 'the Christmas incident'. Boy am I glad they turned that around fast.

I agree....it's like they just went into high gear and put out gold.  I had an eargasm by the way.  No tissue paper nearby so I used my socks to clean it up.  If that was TMI just turn back time and unread it.

13 minutes ago, Andres said:

This part is awesome.

it made this drummer's adrenaline skyrocket.

Can't wait to see it live....doing all their press and stuff.  My guess,  Jimmy Kimmel first.... he's in L.A. right?  Fallon is in N.Y.? I dunno, I miss Letterman.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Andres said:

This part is awesome.

This part solidified the fact that this song was something fresh and special. Loved it all the way through, but this part made me grin like an idiot.

• Like 1