02 - Bang Bang

Lone

Daaaaaaaaamn, I can't get enough of that bridge.

Fuck yes, this era is going to be something.

• Like 3

I feel that is a natural evolution from the place of what was American Idiot and 21 CB and also add to the rawness and speed of the song comes from the early years of green day , I feel that is one of the best songs analyzing each tone and word . I also say it's not a song with guitars and dry at first but has the strength of the first years

This is a great song, form the first impression! And the lyrics are amazing! I wouldn't be surprised if Green Day would once again TAKE OVER 

Rolling Stone: The previous three records were incredibly ambitious. I take it you wanted to take a very different approach this time.

BJ: Yeah, I think you just go into the unknown. ¡Uno! ¡Dos! ¡Tré! was very much like a writing machine and just kept going no matter what. Even to the point we're forcing the material. And this time it's just the exact opposite and just sort of let life roll out and then see what happens.

I think this is EXACTLY what most of their fans wanted from them, a natural evolution mixing new Green Day and old Green Day (not counting the trilogy, because that was kind of a failed regression).

Just now, Burnout80 said:

Rolling Stone: The previous three records were incredibly ambitious. I take it you wanted to take a very different approach this time.

BJ: Yeah, I think you just go into the unknown. ¡Uno! ¡Dos! ¡Tré! was very much like a writing machine and just kept going no matter what. Even to the point we're forcing the material. And this time it's just the exact opposite and just sort of let life roll out and then see what happens.

Confirmation that trilogy lyrics were forced :D

Only listened once to the song so far, it sounds like a completely different band from the trilogy. Those drums are fineeeee

• Like 3

Lads.... I absolutely loved it. It's like they picked up where AI/21st Century Breakdown left off :wub:

So bloody happy right now. I literally can't stop smiling :ga:

I've already pre-ordered the lyric book. If they'd kindly release those tour dates now, I could book my many tickets to see the boys on the #RevRad tour :runaround:

15 minutes ago, genderpills said:

i swear to good the lyric is definitely 'the leading man in my own private drama' and not 'little man' 

i'm not gonna stop saying it

it's so clear

it doesn't sound like 'little' at all

grumblegrumblegrumble

it's on the lyric video qu q. even i had to do a double take because it sounds like "leading" but in the video it's "little". maybe error on their part?

3 minutes ago, Andres said:

Seriously this song is so fucking good. It reminds me of American Idiot in the recording sound of it. Just the guitars and vocals sound so good. Love the speed, love the change up, love the guitars right at the start. 

I agree wholeheartedly! Can't wait to hear the rest of the album, shame its only 12 tracks though :(

Really enjoyed the song! If Revolution Road truly does have a revolution theme running throughout, I get the feeling it'll be awesome.

Just now, loki iero said:

it's on the lyric video qu q. even i had to do a double take because it sounds like "leading" but in the video it's "little". maybe error on their part?

i think so, i feel like lyric videos always have mistakes. just usually not in the chorus :lol:

Well... that infamous tracklist was true so..

Revolution Radio (2016)

SOMEWHERE NOW 4:08
BANG BANG 3:25
REVOLUTION RADIO 3:00
SAY GOODBYE 3:39
OUTLAWS 5:02
BOUNCING OFF THE WALL 2:40
STILL BREATHING 3:44

YOUNGBLOOD 2:32
TOO DUMB TO DIE 3:23
TROUBLED TIMES 3:04
FOREVER NOW 6:52
ORDINARY WORLD 3:00

Could Forever Now be like Jesus of Suburbia or Dirty Rotten Bastards due to it's lenght?

• Like 3

They missed a HUGE marketing opportunity by not putting this in the Suicide Squad soundtrack. 

The movie was pretty trash but it would have been a no-brainer. It even has the whole "daddy's little psycho" thing which is on every hot topic t-shirt right now from the movie. 

• Like 4

If they tour the album (which they will), I'll finally get to reach my long awaited 60th live Green Day show. I'm on 59 at present.  I'll probably see them more than once actually so that'll take me to 61/62. 😎