02 - Bang Bang

Lone

I asked you guys to keep on topic literally only 6 posts ago.  Don't wanna have to suspend people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Second favourite son said:

I asked you guys to keep on topic literally only 5 posts ago.  Don't wanna have to suspend people.

Sry, I replied before I saw your post.

Also no one talks shit about me and gets away with it. :P

I heard Bang Bang on the alternative Chicago station today! I haven't jammed like that in my car in a long time. This song rocks. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Whatsinaname said:

I heard Bang Bang on the alternative Chicago station today! I haven't jammed like that in my car in a long time. This song rocks. 

WKQX?  I never seem to be listening when they play it.  And they don't seem to play if more than once a day.  So happy you heard it!

Yes, WKQX 101.1. I must have got lucky! Looks like we will meet again soon Mar...can't wait to make concert plans! 

• Like 1

Kerrang radio has been going crazy on this song since the interview came out. I love this song so much! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Libertine Angel said:

troy-barnes.gif

I haven't checked this thread for a couple of days.

Best. Show. Ever.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stefand11 said:

3 hours ago, Matt. said:

The MTV writers don't get the song either. They're saying Green Day is out of touch, when in fact it sounds like they are.

http://www.mtv.com/news/2921576/hits-and-misses-m-i-a-s-bird-takes-awkward-flight-and-green-day-rage-into-the-night-plus-janelle-monae-porter-robinson-and-more/

1 minute ago, LostCanadianGoose said:

Best. Show. Ever.

Thought after one song it was too soon for unpopular opinions thread - but perhaps not.

• Like 1

I listened to this song a lot yesterday, so today I took a break. I don't want to get tired of it! 

1 hour ago, Libertine Angel said:

troy-barnes.gif

I haven't checked this thread for a couple of days.

Huh, it's the darkest timeline.

That must mean I'm EvilAlan86

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lizziebix said:

WKQX?  I never seem to be listening when they play it.  And they don't seem to play if more than once a day.  So happy you heard it!

I happened to be in Valparaiso when the song premiered and heard it on KQX the next day. It had a fun taped intro from the band!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

I happened to be in Valparaiso when the song premiered and heard it on KQX the next day. It had a fun taped intro from the band!

My hubby heard that too. By the time I got in the car that day the song was almost over and I've never heard it since.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Do you remember what the taped intro said - we have one also - sure its old. 

8 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

There actually is a psychological link with mass shooters and sexual frustration.  They replace their lack of sex with destruction.  I think that line is just brilliant.  

Originally I interrupted the line as "People will either hate me (give me death) or love/praise me (give me head) though this actually more sense. Especially if it is inspired by Elliot Rodgers.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

Do you remember what the taped intro said - we have one also - sure its old. 

I don't, unfortunately. They introduced themselves individually and then the song, but I don't recall anything else.

The song is alright but I honestly don't "feel it" yet. I'm not in love. I think it's because I can't really predict the rest of the album with it. It's not the same kind of sneak peak I feel like I recieved from Know your enemy and Oh love. I believe I will feel differently about it once I can hear it in an album, as a whole. As a part of something.  

However,... live. Oh my fucking god. This will sound good. 

411 Music Fact or Fiction: Is Green Day’s New Song a Good One?

Green Day’s new song “Bang Bang” was worth listening to.

Joseph Lee: FACT – I haven’t soured on Green Day quite like everyone else seems to, as I enjoyed several songs from their last album trilogy. That said, “Bang Bang” was a fun little song that promises an enjoyable new album from the band.

Jeremy Thomas: FACT – “Bang Bang” is a nice, rambunctious throwback effort that contained some of the energy missing from the Uno, Dos and Tres era. It’s not their most memorable song by any stretch, but it’s infections pop-punk which is what the band does best. It’s nice to see the group back in their comfort zone and it did its job in making me look forward to their upcoming album a little more.

http://411mania.com/music/411-music-fact-or-fiction-is-green-days-new-song-a-good-one/

• Like 2

Just now, desertrose said:

411 Music Fact or Fiction: Is Green Day’s New Song a Good One?

MvNfXCs.jpg