02 - Bang Bang

Lone

5 minutes ago, Clayish said:

The opening bassline and drums are way too low in the mix.

It really does make for a good kick when the song properly starts though, it's properly explosive.  But I'd maybe still turn them up a little bit.

I love that the song has been made loud.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mato said:

^^ You do realise that was intentional, to give the song that ¡Bang! start effect and kick you in the face

I adore this effect. It repeatedly blew me away the first few times I heard it. However...

2 minutes ago, Libertine Angel said:

The bass is too low in the mix throughout, I think.

This. The whole song you can barely make out the bass. Vocals seem a bit buried in the mix as well, though not as much as the bass.

• Like 4

I agree with some of you regarding the vocal production. It's easily the weakest aspect of the song for me. While it's better than the Trilogy it's weak compared to the rest of their albums.

1 hour ago, JOE THE X-KID said:

BANG BANGs bridge section is now my favourite bridge section by green day 

But....but what about that bridge in Homecoming that connects Rock & Roll Girlfriend to We're Coming Home Again?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DoodleBob said:

But....but what about that bridge in Homecoming that connects Rock & Roll Girlfriend to We're Coming Home Again?

My favorite Green Day moment.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Clayish said:

The opening bassline and drums are way too low in the mix.

I think so too. My friend said she nearly fell off her chair when she listened to it :lol: but I do like that aspect of it.

Definitely think the vocals could have been turned up a bit more - but i thought the bass was fine? I could hear it!

Did you guys hear it on the radio since it has premiered? I'm out of reach of any rock stations now and the mainstream oriented radio stations don't seem to play it

8 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Did you guys hear it on the radio since it has premiered? I'm out of reach of any rock stations now and the mainstream oriented radio stations don't seem to play it

I was just thinking about this today as I was in and out of the car for the last 4 hours.  Never heard it.  :(

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I actually managed to hear it yesterday on 94.5 thanks to my sister messaging me on google hangouts!

Other than that I haven't really heard anything but who knows! I hardly listen to the radio as much so it probably plays when I dont have it on.

• Like 2

I haven't been on here in quite a while...feels good to be back. :) Bang Bang is amazing...absolutely everything I wanted it to be and then some. There's nothing about the album so far that I haven't liked. Everything about it sounds fantastic. 

Just said on another thread that I've heard it on Octane twice. Was pleasantly surprised, I think that's awesome.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lizziebix said:

I was just thinking about this today as I was in and out of the car for the last 4 hours.  Never heard it.  :(

I googled for frequencies of some rock radios - many of them had Green Day listed among recently played songs but they were all older songs. Disappointing. I played different pop stations during the day and none of them had it but mom can't stand pop music for long so maybe we just weren't listening for long enough.

We only got one radio station that plays Bang Bang. But they love it, so there's a chance they will keep playing it.

• Like 2

So on the "It's my own private Holy War" part, I've played it a thousand times and I can't hear the word "war".    Billie says "holy" while the backing vocals say something but I don't hear "war"  anywhere.      

14 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

So on the "It's my own private Holy War" part, I've played it a thousand times and I can't hear the word "war".    Billie says "holy" while the backing vocals say something but I don't hear "war"  anywhere.      

Don't the backing vocals scream war on the background right after holy?

• Like 3

I can't remember if this has been said here before but it just struck me about Billie tweeting about wanting to destroy the term "pop punk" and considering how dark and heavy Bang Bang is he's certainly trying.

• Like 1

Please tell me I'm not the only one who hears 'shoot me I'll do anything' instead of the right lyrics? I KNOW the right lyrics but I keep singing the wrong ones! :ninja:

2 minutes ago, Jenn123 said:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who hears 'shoot me I'll do anything' instead of the right lyrics? I KNOW the right lyrics but I keep singing the wrong ones! :ninja:

With the vocals buried underneath the wall of guitars I think it's not unusual to hear the lyrics different if you can hear them properly at all. I really needed headphones to get the vocals. But I don't really have great speakers though.

4 minutes ago, Sixtrix said:

With the vocals buried underneath the wall of guitars I think it's not unusual to hear the lyrics different if you can hear them properly at all. I really needed headphones to get the vocals. But I don't really have great speakers though.

True! The vocals do seem muffled. I guess they wanted to focus on the music for this song at least? And made a kickass lyric video because they knew it was hard to hear :lol:

Btw, speaking of the lyric video, isn't there a bit in it that looks exactly like your avatar???! :P 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jenn123 said:

True! The vocals do seem muffled. I guess they wanted to focus on the music for this song at least? And made a kickass lyric video because they knew it was hard to hear :lol:

Btw, speaking of the lyric video, isn't there a bit in it that looks exactly like your avatar???! :P 

They wanted it to sound as similar to Insomniac as possible because they agree Judi should embrace the Biff. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jenn123 said:

Ha yes I noticed it only a few minutes ago! I like to think they got the idea from seeing my avatar but it's most likely a funny coincidence :P

• Like 1

My local rock station will only play the oldies, with the occaisional exception, like they played a Sixx A.M single a few weeks back that had been released last year or the year before. As far as my pop station, they have a 'throwback Thursday' day, and I've heard Green Day, Paramore, Breaking Benjamin, etc, artists that you don't hear a lot of their old work on a normal day. Any other day, all they play is Justin Bieber and Nikki Minaj. :lol: I may give it a try, just a fleeting effort to hear Bang Bang on the radio in all its beautiful punk-rock glory.