Revolution Radio Tour production

Joe K

7 minutes ago, Tomcat20 said:

Which was a festival performance during the 21st CB Summer tour. That setup was pretty close to the one they used in South America. It got stripped down due to high costs for transportation, etc. The entire tour was a loss in money for the band.

On the latest picture which was taken yesterday I am able to see confetti canons. Pretty sure they're about to return.

Exciting :woot: it seems cheesy/girly but whenever a confetti canon is used during an amzing part of the show my heart makes a jump

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Dakke said:

On the other hand, the bangs during Holiday during the 21st Breakdown Tour are sooo good in my opinion. 

For some reason, when I think of pyros, I just automatically think of the great bangs at the end of Jesus of Suburbia (and also American Idiot) in Bullet in a Bible, I just can't get them out of my head. And flamethrower effects in Brain Stew and Hitchin' A Ride. 

20 minutes ago, Tomcat20 said:

On the latest picture which was taken yesterday I am able to see confetti canons. Pretty sure they're about to return.

I hope so, I'd love some RevRad confetti :happy: 

Well tomorrow's the day! Now that the confetti is pretty much confirmed and the catwalk is possible, lets hope for some pyro! The confetti will make up for the pyro a bit so it's not so bad if there isn't any but ykno!

Why Green Day no play South Carolina ever in like 10 trillion years????  :(

Green Day make me very sad. 

Me so sad.  

Seriously though.  They haven't stepped foot in South Carolina since 2001.  Why can't they do like Blink and skip North Carolina because of the bathroom bill silliness and play South Carolina instead?  We let people pee where they want!   

I know North Carolina is not that far away, but I'm going to the Georgia show.     

Holy shit! 

I just texted the 'Sap Arena' (mannheim concert) and asked about infos for the stage! & they sad that green day will have a 20m long catwalk!!!! 

That's fantastic news, I wonder if they'll have a catwalk for the Zürich show, 7 years I've waited in my home town for them to come, a catwalk would make the experience even better. However, compared to the SAP Arena, Hallenstadion is truly tiny and almost rural. Also, I've heard the rules and regulations there are some of the  strictest in Europe. 

See. I told ya guys long time ago that there would be an catwalk even though it wasn't on the arena maps ;) 

5 minutes ago, Joe K said:

See. I told ya guys long time ago thst here would be an catwalk even though it wasn't on the arena maps ;) 

you're a wizard harry(joe) :D

I wonder of that red thing right next to that confetti cannon air for an air cannon or a fire extinguisher for possible pyro? :ga:

The catwalk is real it would seem, please let there be a catwalk for Zurich as well! :dance:

I would love to see them beginning the show by coming down from the roof, now that'd be awesome (and probably extensively dangerous) :lol:

On ‎7‎.‎1‎.‎2017 at 7:13 PM, Joe K said:

If this is all of it, I mean like no pyros either, I'm gonna be a bit dissapointed production wise. :( 

And now I'm completely blown away by the production :D 

14 hours ago, bouncingoffthewallbja said:

I would love to see them beginning the show by coming down from the roof, now that'd be awesome (and probably extensively dangerous) :lol:

Did anyone see McBusted?  They made good entrances!  IIRC 2 of them came in a flying car and the others were launched onto stage using hydraulics or something similar.  And then it finished with them all jumping into a hole in the stage.  Not sure if that would work for GD though, I think there reaches a point when shows can be too overproduced/choreographed and that takes away from the natural spontaneity of it.

I can't wait to see the pictures of my venue (O2) once it's set up but before anyone's there, it's one of the most exciting, hype-building things.

21 minutes ago, Digoco said:

The best production they've ever had.

Were you there?

I absolutely love the production for the tour so far! Even though Green Day could play with no production and still be fantastic, I am in love with the crazy pyro, the giant green neon sign and the colourful strobes during Letterbomb :lol:

33 minutes ago, bouncingoffthewallbja said:

I absolutely love the production for the tour so far! Even though Green Day could play with no production and still be fantastic, I am in love with the crazy pyro, the giant green neon sign and the colourful strobes during Letterbomb :lol:

My favourite thing about the whole production is probs the background change in the beginning of st.jimmy with the bang!

Actually for me it's during the second part of ''Forever Now'' (as shown in the video), beginning with the reprise of ''Somewhere Now''. It just fits the music so well!

I actually loved ANYTHING of the production. From the pyro to the background changes. But the bangs at the end of Forever Now are the best. :happy:

Oh, and also, BJ's voice. I was afraid he could make some imperfections. I was totally wrong. Sorry Billie... :lol:

On 1/10/2017 at 10:35 PM, bouncingoffthewallbja said:

Wouldn't be too insane. Back when U2 had only released Boy and October and were a supporting band for Zeppelin and the Police, they actually stole the show from the Police (for whom they were opening) at Gateshead in July '82 by doing all kinds of crazy stuff on stage, including Bono climbing on the scaffolding of the podium and nearly falling to his death. They totally stole the Police's thunder.

EDIT: 

Archived