Revolution Radio Tour production

Joe K

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want something epic. I wish I could have been at a GD concert in 2009/10.

I saw a few videos of GD 2016 live shows: BJ is not so precise with its voice, especially when singing Still Breathing...

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Paola17 said:

Just over a week until we can see the tour production!

Yes! But I'm torn between reading about it and watching the video posted or leaving it as a complete surprise for when I get to see it in March.

On 13.12.2016 at 11:22 PM, End Of The World said:

I want something epic. I wish I could have been at a GD concert in 2009/10.

I saw a few videos of GD 2016 live shows: BJ is not so precise with its voice, especially when singing Still Breathing...

Don't worry, it'll be great. The 2009/10 shows were beyond perfect (like: from out of space perfect), but we all know that things started to fall apart back then, so I'd rather have a healthy, sober Billie with a not so perfect voice (although I must say that I love his vocals lately - they sound less polished, more raw and very emotional) than the 2010 Billie on drugs and alcohol. 2010 was 2010 and now is now. Fuck the past, like Billie would say :lol:

If this is all of it, I mean like no pyros either, I'm gonna be a bit dissapointed production wise. :( 

Me too.... 

it looks so low level :/ 

hopefully there a pyros and a catwalk... 

7 minutes ago, Joe K said:

If this is all of it, I mean like no pyros either, I'm gonna be a bit dissapointed production wise. :( 

2 minutes ago, ThmFortin said:

Me too.... 

it looks so low level :/ 

hopefully there a pyros and a catwalk... 

Yeah Green Day is a big band, why can't they have something? :D 

11 minutes ago, Joe K said:

This.

However, I'm not sure if a catwalk was included in the European seating plan charts. I just checked the one for the first show, and it doesn't appear as if there is a catwalk for that show (assuming one is looking at the correct chart).

I don't know how much of an additional cost a catwalk could be, but...hm... 

3 minutes ago, Joe K said:

Yeah Green Day is a big band, why can't they have something? :D 

Yeah! Have you seen rhcp's stage set? They have a big band caliber setup :D

and green day's looks like they're back in 1997 (with maybe a few more light effects haha) :( 

I don't mind the lack of pyro. At least my already fucked up hearing will be spared additional damage. 

2 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

This.

However, I'm not sure if a catwalk was included in the European seating plan charts. I just checked the one for the first show, and it doesn't appear as if there is a catwalk for that show (assuming one is looking at the correct chart).

You're correct, no catwalk in Europe. 

But it is on plans for the US tour in spring. 

1 minute ago, Paola17 said:

This.

Yeah you might be right, but the reason why I have some hope left for a catwalk is that the European tour was announced way before the US one, so maybe they could've decided that there would be an catwalk after the European announcement and not just update the arena maps for europe.

On 3. 1. 2017 at 2:42 PM, MMwhatsername said:

Don't worry, it'll be great. The 2009/10 shows were beyond perfect (like: from out of space perfect), but we all know that things started to fall apart back then, so I'd rather have a healthy, sober Billie with a not so perfect voice (although I must say that I love his vocals lately - they sound less polished, more raw and very emotional) than the 2010 Billie on drugs and alcohol. 2010 was 2010 and now is now. Fuck the past, like Billie would say :lol:

To be fair, he sounded great in 2010 :P

But I love what he's doing now as well. He improved since the Trilogy era and I do think he sounds great. There are imperfections, there have always been some and I'm willing to look past them (mostly) :D

But how do we know that there is no pyro? Can you see something on that picture that says 'there will be no pyro?

3 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I don't mind the lack of pyro. At least my already fucked up hearing will be spared additional damage. 

You're correct, no catwalk in Europe. 

But it is on plans for the US tour in spring. 

Just now, ThmFortin said:

But how do we know that there is no pyro? Can you see something on that picture that says 'there will be no pyro?

Maybe there will be no concert. 

Jk, wanted to say I don't care if there's none. 

2 minutes ago, ThmFortin said:

I think that she meant if there's no pyro, she doesn't mind.

I mean a catwalk can be build up in the next few days since the show is in three days from now on. 

2 minutes ago, Tomcat20 said:

I mean a catwalk can be build up in the next few days since the show is in three days from now on. 

Yeah but I suppose they'd put it on plans like they did in the US 

Damn, I was sure that no catwalk on plans doesn't mean anything :(

5 minutes ago, Tomcat20 said:

I hope so! 

12 minutes ago, JellyTime said:

Damn, I was sure that no catwalk on plans doesn't mean anything :(

I hope so! 

It might not mean anything. We don't know for sure yet!

On ‎13‎.‎12‎.‎2016 at 10:30 PM, Tomcat20 said:

Bringing back the the backdrop of American Idiot they used during the 21st CB Tour at the Ellen show recently, keeps me optimistic they will use large screens at their upcoming tour, too. 

Reading this just makes me depressed now. :D 

It's not the production that makes the show, but man I missed them on the 21stcb tour and bought tickets to the trilogy tour expecting the same kind of production as 21stcb and was dissapointed. Don't get me wrong, those two show's I saw them on the trilogy tour were still the best I have ever seen but Y'kno. This is still better than trilogy though, I didn't like that laser thingy at all.

Archived