Setlist Predictions For New Tour

Justin1

All I need from them is to open with Welcome to Paradise then continue with Bang Bang which goes straight to Horseshoes & Handgrenades... if I'll ever witness that I'm gonna have a seizure within the first 10 minutes of the show and die of happiness

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Wamasa said:

I'm from Brazil so any setlist would be just awesome. kinda jealous how you can say "one of the gigs..." hahaha. yeah, waiting means much to me, would love it <3

Aww. I've been lucky! I do hope you get to see them this time round!

my guess is we will see a different setlist this time, not the typical structure we had in the last couple of years .. maybe less AI/21CB songs, more "older/faster" songs .. dont know about the trilogy songs, i still wish to see some songs of the trilogy live (DRB!)

17 hours ago, gd86arg said:

I saw them in 21stCB Tour and they played 4 21stCB tracks, 10 American Idiot, 6 Dookie, 4 Nimrod, 4 Insomniac, 2 Kerplunk, 2 International Superhits, 1 Warning, 1 39/Smooth 

That would have been 2010, the second year of the tour. But they seem to always start the tour with at least 7-8 new songs each night, at least since the American Idiot era.

11 hours ago, Your _Enemy said:

All I need from them is to open with Welcome to Paradise then continue with Bang Bang which goes straight to Horseshoes & Handgrenades... if I'll ever witness that I'm gonna have a seizure within the first 10 minutes of the show and die of happiness

that would be wildddd

If I were to make a setlist, I'd be this:

1. Intro - Are We The Waiting (I think it can really work out as a great opener just like Song Of The Century is to 21stCB + it is a great crowd sing-along) 

2. Bang Bang

3. Welcome To Paradise

4. Jesus Of Suburbia

5. Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

6. Stop When The Red Lights Flash

7. Longview

8. Hitchin' A Ride

9. Brain Stew

10. Burnout

11. Give Me Novacaine

12. Armatage Shanks

13. No One Knows

14. Castaway

15. Stuck With Me

16. Nice Guys Finish Last

17. She

18. Basket Case

19. Dry Ice

20. Waiting

21. Minority

22. Wake me Up When September Ends

23. Scattered

Encore:

24. American Idiot

25. 21st Century Breakdown

26. 99 Revolutions

27. The Forgotten

28. Good Riddance

I'd give my left nut to hear Brutal Love as a closer again. It was so beautiful and intimate when I saw them in 2013. Rain was pouring during the whole show, but it gave something really special during that last song.

2 hours ago, Mato said:

I'd give my left nut to hear Brutal Love as a closer again. It was so beautiful and intimate when I saw them in 2013. Rain was pouring during the whole show, but it gave something really special during that last song.

Brutal Love is one of my favourites from the trilogy and it was amazing to hear it live. I hope they don't ditch it though it's possible they will.

I can't see Bang Bang being the opener, I think it's a little too fast paced for that. I think it would sit better in the middle of the set, maybe after a few slower songs, to pick the pace of the show back up, à la St. Jimmy. 

I'd say 99 Revolutions and American Idiot were both good openers because they were fast enough to get things going, but not so fast that it would be hard to keep up straight out of the blocks. Something tells me Revolution Radio will fit that bill perfectly. 

1. Revolution Radio

2. Somewhere Now

3. Bang Bang

4. Know your Enemy

5. Holiday

6. Nuclear Family

7. Let Yourselt Go

8. Wake me Up When September Ends

9. 2000 Lightyears Away

10. Geek Stink Breath

11. Armatage Shanks

12. Scattered

13. Walking Contradiction

14. Burnout

15. Longview

16. She

17. Basket Case

18. Waiting

19. King For a Day

20. Minority

21. Still Breathing

22. Youngblood

23. Oh Love

24. Murder City or Static Age

25. Brutal Love

Encore:

1. American Idiot

2. Jesus of Suburbia

3. Ordinary World

4. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

I really hope they play east jesus nowhere on this tour. Thats easily one of my favorite live songs theyve played and their performance of it on awesome as f**k was incredible

Castaway, Ha Ha Your Dead, Scattered, and DRB would be awesome to hear. But I doubt they'll be played. :cry:

Here we go. This is for the arena tour.

Somewhere Now

Revolution Radio

Holiday

Know Your Enemy

Letterbomb

Hitchin A Ride

Bang Bang

Blvd

Still Breathing

Burnout

Basket Case

Brain Stew

St Jimmy

Longview

Stay The Night

She

Waiting

2000 Light Years

Christie Road

Pasalcqua

99 Revolutions

Minority

----

American Idiot

JOS

Forever Now

Wake Me Up

Ordinary World 

Good Riddance

Without knowing what the majority of new songs will sound like, it's hard to guess the order. But here's my stab at what the setlist will generally be like:

Somewhere Now

Revolution Radio

Bang Bang

Still Breathing

Know Your Enemy

Holiday

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

99 Revolutions

East Jesus Nowhere

Longview

Scattered

Pasalaqua

Brain Stew

Basket Case

Minority

King for a Day/Shout 

21 Guns

---

American Idiot

Forever Now

Ordinary World

Good Riddance

I mean, we know zero about the song Somewhere Now but I feel like it could be the opener, since it's the first song on the album AND the song title kinda sounds fitting?! Like, they are somewhere now. At that concert. :cool: 

I think Bang Bang has all it takes to be the opener song, the entry bass line and the drums fit really well.

Somewhere Now

Bang Bang

Know Your Enemy

Stop When the Red Lights Flash

Let Yourself Go

Revolution Radio

Holiday

Blvd.of Broken Dreams

Murder City

Letterbomb

Hitchin' A Ride

When I Come Around

Welcome to Paradise

Brain Stew

Jaded

Chump

Longview

Basket Case

She

King for A Day

X-kid

Still Breathing

Minority

American Idiot

Jesus of Suburbia

Ordinary World

Good Riddance

We don't know anything about any of these songs or how popular certain ones will be so this just strange to try and predict

I predict they'll keep as many American Idiot and Dookie songs as they can get away with (really hope that doesn't mean sacrificing King For a Day), that if they keep any trilogy song it'll be 99 Revolutions, that a new song will open the show, and that they won't change the setlist too much, just enough for a few new songs. Which new songs they'll play other than Bang Bang is anyone's guess though, seems pointless to even try to predict that when we haven't even heard them.

On 8/16/2016 at 2:37 PM, Mato said:

I'd love it if they played Brutal Love and then Good Riddance like they did at Brixton in 2013, best closing ever. And they could add in a slow new one before it if they wanted.

On 8/14/2016 at 9:11 PM, velvetgrass said:

That's completely off. Both times I've seen them 7-8 songs off their new album (if you count the trilogy as one).

I based it off one of their 2013 shows, so its actually a realistic possibility.    

7 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

I based it off one of their 2013 shows, so its actually a realistic possibility.    

Honestly, it's really not. After they started doing Dookie in it's entirety they cut out some trilogy songs for obvious time reasons. And the first few shows of 2013, Billie was just trying to find his footing after the whole Las Vegas incident and within 2 or 3 shows they added more trilogy songs. The majority of shows of 2013 were like 7 new songs. The only chance I see them doing less new songs is at the very beginning of the tour (still not very likely), or at the end or 2nd leg of the tour (more likely).

Just now, velvetgrass said:

Honestly, it's really not. After they started doing Dookie in it's entirety they cut out some trilogy songs for obvious time reasons. And the first few shows of 2013, Billie was just trying to find his footing after the whole Las Vegas incident and within 2 or 3 shows they added more trilogy songs.

I think this is what their new setlist will look like:

1. Platypus (I Hate You)

2. BANG BANG

3. Walking Alone

4. Know Your Enemy

5. 21 Guns

6. Chump

7. When I Come Around

8. Basketcase

9. Holiday

10.  Jesus of Suburbia

11. Santa Claus is Coming to Town

12.  What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding

13.  Missing You

14. VIVA La Gloria

15. Still Breathing

16. Brainstew

17. St. Jimmy

18.  1000 Hours

19.  Outlaws

Just now, thatdude03 said:

1. Platypus (I Hate You)

2. BANG BANG

3. Walking Alone

4. Know Your Enemy

5. 21 Guns

6. Chump

7. When I Come Around

8. Basketcase

9. Holiday

10.  Jesus of Suburbia

13.  Missing You

14. VIVA La Gloria

15. Still Breathing

16. Brainstew

17. St. Jimmy

18.  1000 Hours

19.  Outlaws

I'm not even going to comment on most of that because besides Bang Bang we don't know any new songs so there's no way to predict which ones they're going to play. And most of this is just plain stupid.

2 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

1. Platypus (I Hate You)

2. BANG BANG

3. Walking Alone

4. Know Your Enemy

5. 21 Guns

6. Chump

7. When I Come Around

8. Basketcase

9. Holiday

10.  Jesus of Suburbia

13.  Missing You

14. VIVA La Gloria

15. Still Breathing

16. Brainstew

17. St. Jimmy

18.  1000 Hours

19.  Outlaws

Im gonna say yes because its missing KFAD - thank god.

Archived