This is cute, and not hurting promo-wise:

OMG, are you kidding me? Brian May tweeted it? BRIAN FUCKING MAY!:runaround:

Brian, you legend! 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, herewegoagain said:

This is cute, and not hurting promo-wise:

the legend himself... i'm sure Freddie would be pretty proud and amazed too if he was still with us.

Look at GD's webste. They actually posted ''Pinkpop 2017 footage''. ANd they posted two links from Aimee Smith's YOUTUBE channel, which to me seems very unproffesional. 

12 minutes ago, Jonas01 said:

Look at GD's webste. They actually posted ''Pinkpop 2017 footage''. ANd they posted two links from Aimee Smith's YOUTUBE channel, which to me seems very unproffesional. 

Where? I don't see it on their videos page.

Yeah, but to be fair that is the picture from the article not their own...

In this weeks UK rock album chart, Revolution Radio has climbed 16 places from #28 to #12. American Idiot has also benefited from the recent UK gigs as it has climbed 13 places from #22 to #9. Dookie has re-entered the rock album chart at #37. 

Yeah Hyde Park definetely helped. Does anyone know wether RevRad might now have a chance of passing 100k sold copies in the UK soon? 

23d67c1026762eb6811c715ba5ffb444.png

this isn't how i wanted to see green day in the news... and it's annoying because they didn't find out until AFTER the set..

2 hours ago, imXieli said:

this isn't how i wanted to see green day in the news... and it's annoying because they didn't find out until AFTER the set..

People being idiots as usual blaming Green Day for something they were unaware about

The thing I'd like to know more about is album re-certification.  When was the last time they checked on older albums like Insomniac, Nimrod, etc?  If I remember correctly, books that were written on Green Day in the American Idiot era had those albums at the same number Wikipedia has them at today.  You figure they have to have sold more in the past decade.  How do they keep track of that?  I read on a different band's messageboard that the band or label has to request a recounting.  Whether or not that's true, I have no idea, but it makes no sense.  You'd think it'd be automatically done.

3 hours ago, imXieli said:

that is horrific and it is stupid to blame the band.

It is promoter who-ever organize the festival should have told them before the show.

51 minutes ago, Montclare said:

The thing I'd like to know more about is album re-certification.  When was the last time they checked on older albums like Insomniac, Nimrod, etc?  If I remember correctly, books that were written on Green Day in the American Idiot era had those albums at the same number Wikipedia has them at today.  You figure they have to have sold more in the past decade.  How do they keep track of that?  I read on a different band's messageboard that the band or label has to request a recounting.  Whether or not that's true, I have no idea, but it makes no sense.  You'd think it'd be automatically done.

http://chartmasters.org/2017/03/cspc-green-day-popularity-analysis/

This shows how much each album has sold. Idk how accurate it is. It says that Insomniac has sold 2.9 million copies in the US, Nimrod has sold 2.6 million in the US and Warning at 1.4 million while https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Day_discography still shows Insomniac and Nimrod at 2.1 million copies and Warning at 1.2 million.

It also shows Dookie at 11.9 million in the US and AI at 6.6 million in the US while wikipedia shows them at 10m and 6.1m respectively

3 hours ago, imXieli said:

Should say manufactured anger to get a better click though rate for the adds

21 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

http://chartmasters.org/2017/03/cspc-green-day-popularity-analysis/

This shows how much each album has sold. Idk how accurate it is. It says that Insomniac has sold 2.9 million copies in the US, Nimrod has sold 2.6 million in the US and Warning at 1.4 million while https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Day_discography still shows Insomniac and Nimrod at 2.1 million copies and Warning at 1.2 million.

It also shows Dookie at 11.9 million in the US and AI at 6.6 million in the US while wikipedia shows them at 10m and 6.1m respectively

Thanks!  That also reminds me- I also find it strange that on the Wikipedia site, it has Warning at 1.2 million, but only certified as Gold, not Platinum.

I'm interested in record sales too. I know albums don't sell the same in the digital age but how has RevRad done? 

7 hours ago, MilleniumFan said:

Yeah Hyde Park definetely helped. Does anyone know wether RevRad might now have a chance of passing 100k sold copies in the UK soon? 

100k? That's low .... 

24 minutes ago, Jonas01 said:

100k? That's low .... 

In this day and age and it being in the uk it's pretty average but no bad or good 

6 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I'm interested in record sales too. I know albums don't sell the same in the digital age but how has RevRad done? 

i wanted to know that too..How is RevRad albums doing?..

I think chartmasters.org is quite reliable when it comes to record sales. Sure, it's not an "official" page, but the sales numbers that they publish seem realistic and they also take streaming into account. According to them, RevRad has sold 700k copies worldwide as of march 2017. That's not that bad if you consider the fact that record sales in general are decreasing. Uno has sold a bit more than one million copies, but it was released almost five years ago, so 700k sounds good to me. 

All the other numbers on that page sound realistic as well. It was updated a couple of month ago which may explain the differences in comparison to some of the sources on Wikipedia. I think they are just a bit older. 

That means it should easily reach 1 million sales by the end of the year I would think. That's good.

Still, just imagine how a concert movie would have helped the album.... Isn't it normal that when you release a new album you want to promote it with footage / full movie? So during AI we had Bullet in a bible, during 21st CB we had awesome as fuck, and during the trilogy we had quatro. 

9 minutes ago, Jonas01 said:

Still, just imagine how a concert movie would have helped the album.... Isn't it normal that when you release a new album you want to promote it with footage / full movie? So during AI we had Bullet in a bible, during 21st CB we had awesome as fuck, and during the trilogy we had quatro. 

So following that logic I would say we have something to look forward to at the end of this tour. 😉

The Hyde Park Bohemian Rhapsody vid has now overtaken the other Bohemian Rhapsody video from Emirates Stadium that got 2.7 million views :lol: 

Archived