Revolution Radio Promotion and Commercial Performance

Dakke

"Still Breathing" is going to do it.   

November 7th, Everybody buys a copy of RevRad.   

SEVEN.   

BILLION. 

COPIES. 

SOLD.   

(don't pretend that you enjoy your game)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy Doo-wop Batman!  

Seven songs from RevRad have charted so far! Sick!

Just wait until they drop "Too Dumb to Die(s)"    It's going to have the missing S from Bouncin of the wal and will sell 10 Trillion singles.  

34 minutes ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

Holy Doo-wop Batman!  

Seven songs from RevRad have charted so far! Sick!

Just wait until they drop "Too Dumb to Die(s)"    It's going to have the missing S from Bouncin of the wal and will sell 10 Trillion singles.  

How do you know that? Like that the songs charted? I want this info

1 hour ago, ZSebs said:

How do you know that? Like that the songs charted? I want this info

The great infallible Wikipedia.  On the "Green Day Discography" page.   

"Revolution Radio"20162212-6Revolution Radio

"Still Breathing"129-2

"Youngblood"---20

"Somewhere Now"---23

"Say Goodbye"---26

"Bouncing Off The Wall"---34

"Outlaws"---36

15 hours ago, ZSebs said:

So is there a way to see which charts Green Day is currently on? Like every week I go on Billboard and I always have to remember which charts to look at to see where Green Day is this week because Billboard shows the chart histories for ALL of their songs, and there is no tab for current charting songs. I hope that question made sense, I will elaborate more if necessary

Yes, you can follow chart positions of BB and SB on the Mediabase section of HitsDailyDouble. The two charts are Active Rock and Alternative and they are updated every day.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/mediabase_building_charts

2 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

Still Breathing currently at No. 34 on Alternative (http://hitsdailydouble.com/mediabase_chart_details&fmt=R3) and No. 27 on Active Rock (http://hitsdailydouble.com/mediabase_chart_details&fmt=R2). With the music video just released, I can see them charting very well later in the week

In your opinion (since SB is not on the top 100 singles) will it chart in that list too?

Just now, End Of The World said:

In your opinion (since SB is not on the top 100 singles) will it chart in that list too?

I have no idea tbh. It certainly has more mainstream appeal than Bang Bang, but they're not quite as popular as they used to be, so it might not happen

Although Oh Love peaked at No. 97 on the Billboard Hot 100, so Still Breathing could. Bang Bang peaked at No. 4 on US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (No. 104)

Didn't know whether to put this in the Still Breathing video thread or here, but the Still Breathing video is currently being flagged up as #12 on trending on YouTube. 

23 hours ago, Whatsername_123 said:

Didn't know whether to put this in the Still Breathing video thread or here, but the Still Breathing video is currently being flagged up as #12 on trending on YouTube. 

Update: it's now #6 on trending with over 700,000 views on YouTube 

19 hours ago, Mücki said:

Green Day are next week on 'Circus Halli Galli' a german tv show

Hope someone can record this :runaround:

35 minutes ago, MaraGreenDay said:

Hope someone can record this :runaround:

I can try it!
It's an awesome show!!!!

18 hours ago, Mücki said:

It's very poular amongst young people in Germany!

18 hours ago, Mücki said:

wait.. how do you know?

2 hours ago, xXRustyJamesXx said:

wait.. how do you know?

Klaas told at the end of the show

So does anyone know when Still Breathing debuts in charts?

Cause it's been quite silent compared to Bang Bang.

22 minutes ago, Nowhere Man said:

Well, Bang Bang was a "bang bang" because GD announced the song just 10 days before their return and there was such an excitement to blast it on the radio.

SB is coming up silently on the charts as you said, but if everything goes according my calculations, we will see it on the alternative and on the active rock chart of Billboard on tuesday, maybe in the top 20 (surely top 30 so far on mediabase charts).:)

34 minutes ago, Nowhere Man said:

#38 on the Billboard's Alternative Songs

http://www.billboard.com/artist/303108/green-day/chart?page=3&f=377

#27 on Mainstream Rock Songs

http://www.billboard.com/artist/303108/green-day/chart?page=2&f=376

I have to start sending requests to radio stations soon if they wont play still breathing. that song is too awesome not to go mainstream .

Yeah I never even hear the new stuff on radio, I still hear Boulevard or Holiday. I should start calling the local rock stations and making sure they are playing these once in a while! Someone told me they heard Bang Bang but surely not enough.

2 hours ago, St. Jonny said:

Yeah I never even hear the new stuff on radio, I still hear Boulevard or Holiday. I should start calling the local rock stations and making sure they are playing these once in a while! Someone told me they heard Bang Bang but surely not enough.

They play 21 guns, Blvd of broken Dreams, Basket Case and Bang Bang here - I guess my radio station likes Green Day ^.^

We def get Basket Case, WICA, Good Riddance and I have heard Hitchin' A Ride once in the past year. Still no new stuff thus far, I am probably just not hearing it. I can't see where you are to know where your talking about HAHA

For those interested:

Still Breathing at the moment is 29th on the Alternative Billboard chart and 22th on the Active (Mainstream) Rock chart. The positions will surely increase a bit until the charts becomes official (Tuesday).

Talking about the SB music video, I tracked the number of views day by day and it is like that:

8th Nov - 650k

9th Nov - 1M 150k

10th Nov - 1M 400k

11th Nov - 1M 600k

12th Nov - 1M 750k

Hopefully, it will get 2M views on Monday or Tuesday.

I hope GD will play SB at the AMAs because the "Bang Bang time" is over and now they need to promote another single.

According to http://hitsdailydouble.com/building_album_chart, Revolution Radio is currently up from No. 40 to No. 30 in terms of album sales. This is most likely due to the election. American Idiot has gained more views since the election, which probably resulted in RevRad gaining more popularity. The album isn't on the Sales + Streaming chart however (http://hitsdailydouble.com/sales_plus_streaming)

Archived