Revolution Radio Promotion and Commercial Performance

Dakke

3 minutes ago, Dakke said:

It bothers me too. I don't think it's too controversial for most stations (no explecit content) but it isn't as radio-friendly as American Idiot, KYE or 21 Guns. Streaming performance is in my opinion just as important a metric.

I agree that streaming is just as important if not more.  I'm just not sure why all the stations are not playing it.  Maybe it is just too early.  All I know is they played Bored to Death all the time when it first came out.      

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JJ1964 said:

I agree that streaming is just as important if not more.  I'm just not sure why all the stations are not playing it.  Maybe it is just too early.  All I know is they played Bored to Death all the time when it first came out.      

Yeah, it seems as though Bored to Death got more airtime early on.

8 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

How's it doing on Spotify?

1 million and something plays. 

7 minutes ago, J a c said:

1 million and something plays. 

Where's it rank in Spotify's top 100?

I'm glad they didnt pick a super catchy lead single, bang bang is perfect for a single

19 minutes ago, Joe K said:
Has anyone seen this promo pic yet?

Love the new promo pics. Billie is flames in all of them.

4 minutes ago, Harry Potter. said:

Love the new promo pics. Billie is flames in all of them.

Yes, Billie is looking fly! But I don't know, I kinda don't like Mike's new style. He will probably change it for the tour like always but still.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7461951/2016-album-most-excited-lady-gaga-katy-pery-britney-spears-poll

Green Day is winning Katy Perry! Go vote!

6 minutes ago, Joe K said:

Yes, Billie is looking fly! But I don't know, I kinda don't like Mike's new style. He will probably change it for the tour like always but still.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7461951/2016-album-most-excited-lady-gaga-katy-pery-britney-spears-poll

Green Day is winning Katy Perry! Go vote!

With Frank Ocean at 0.56% that poll is rigged. Don't know who wants to listen to Britney Spears in 2016. Ugh. Glad Green Day isn't last though.

3 minutes ago, Dakke said:

Update: Revolution Radio has surpassed Dookie to become the second best-selling GD album on iTunes.

Already? But it hasn't been released yet

They've been playing Bang Bang on Octane (XM Radio) a lot, which thrills me. Octane is technically a hard rock station, but they play a lot of punk rock, too. That's great exposure.

2 minutes ago, Sixtrix said:

Already? But it hasn't been released yet

I'm guessing it's based on pre-orders!

Just now, Jenn123 said:

I'm guessing it's based on pre-orders!

Yeah but still, it's only been 2 days since the pre-order has started.

It probably won't do well on the charts. But that has nothing to do with Green Day or the quality of the song. This song has a hard rock-y vibe to it and such songs don't chart well these days because they don't have a large audience that would relate to them. There have been very few exceptions in the last 5-8 years where a song like this has even reached top 30 of Billboard Hot 100. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the fastest song (in tempo, not length) they have put out as a single besides Jaded, which wasn't even a stand alone song?

I think they chose this deliberately and judging by those statistics, it's pretty impressive imo considering the more sucessful songs are usually the slower ones.

It's like they knew it was what the vast majority of people wanted from this band in this day and age and decided to take a big risk putting it out there.

I really hope it pays off.

1 hour ago, Australian1diot said:

Charts on Itunes:

Look at the contrast in quality of the cover art from AI to RevRad to the other albums ;( 

It will almost certainly sell more copies than Dos and Tre unless the band gets sidelined again, which would be devastating and could be the end for any future success.   A million copies would put them back on the map, but even 300,000 - 700,000 would be great.    

They were all set to do crazy promotion for the Trilogy but could not.   Hopefully they will go all out on this one and try and make it as big as possible.      Five singles with videos, tv spots and interviews and a crazy huge Green Day Extravaganza Tour.    Let the Tubbies and the Network join them for a few shows.    I think they know what kind of spot they are in and are doing the right things to get out of it.    The sound of BANG BANG and the artwork indicate that they know what they are doing.   

7 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

I think the song is doing very well so far.  The only thing that concerns me is it is not getting alot of radio play.  I have not heard it on any local stations at all.  I've tried contacting them but they do not contact me back.  CT has a pretty big rock station, WPLR.  On their site, they will list an artists entire collection.  If you look at Green Day, the list all the tracks on Revolution Radio, except Bang Bang.  I just couldn't figure that out.  Then I saw someone post that a DJ had received an angry text complaining that the song was about a mass shooter.  

Then I started to think, are some radio stations not going to play it because they think it is too controversial?  Does anyone else think that is happening?    

Where i live I've heard it multiple times everyday since it's release on different radio stations.

My dad heard it on a pop radio yesterday, pretty cool.

Is anyone concerned that the Kerrang headline is 'the only interview'? I know Kerrang likes to sensationalize things but that gives me the impression they're not doing a whole lot of press this time around.

Archived