Revolution Radio Promotion and Commercial Performance

Dakke

Just now, thatdude03 said:

I've got the book on on order and I'm running out October 7th and grabbing the standard one.   :)

FUUUCK. I have the book on order too and I need the standard CD for my GD CD rack...which I had to do for 21CB. Thank you for reminding me. 

So that will be two for me. Everyone else just needs to realize that.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, xXRustyJamesXx said:

Bang Bang video on youtube 1.5 million views...

that is so bad:sick:

Told you it needed more hot chicks :P

3 hours ago, xXRustyJamesXx said:

Bang Bang video on youtube 1.5 million views...

that is so bad:sick:

I think everyone saw the lyric video on facebook, and then the lyric video on youtube. The official video just isn't as awesome as the lyric vid!

It's like a week until the album is released and to me it feels like they've done a lot less promo for this album than for the trilogy prior to it's release and that's scary. I mean before the trilogy they physically travelled to numerous countries and played a handful of small shows and a few festivals like the surprise appearance at Reading. They did a good few TV/online interviews for different countries and we're on different radio shows in different countries and this time with the exception of Rolling Stone and Kerrang who can drag out an interview for months, and a handful of other magazine interviews they've done practically nothing. The most screaming obvious headline grabbing thing they've done is actually postpone and cancel shows. I'm just wondering what's going on? Are they seriously relying on social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) as their sole/main marketing strategy?! This is so weird to me.

Well, it was just announced they'll play on Jimmy Fallon the night before the album release. I think they'll do a few other shows like that. Hoping they'll play SNL so they have an opportunity to play a few times. 

(Also, before their promo was cut short last time around, weren't they supposed to play on Ellen? PLAY ON ELLEN, GUYS.)

Does it really matter if the official video have less views than the lyric video? Combined they have over 8 millon views in YouTube. Add Facebook views to that. I think it's pretty good already for the band like Green Day these days. Basic listeners doesn't click the video for what it looks like. They play only the song and doesn't care about the video.

I analysed the views on youtube within 24 hours,

1.  Still Breathing +197 538 views

2. RevRad + 71 039 views

3. BB lyric +61 425

4. BB official +35 241 views

and for example... 1. BOBD +177 851 views

2. WMUWSE +142 423 views

3. 21 Guns +108 844 views

4. American Idiot +95 156 views

It's strange that old singles are relatively drawing bigger attention... it's very disappointing.

That's my point.
Bang bang has not so much views cause of the lyrics video on facebook.. and then the official video too.. Considering that we have like 7.000.000 for the lyric video on Facebook... I think we are on total 10.000.000 views. 
For Still Breathing I  imagined something like 10.000 views, cause it's too pop for the "punk posers" that populate the web and It's not on the radios.. here in italy. So I think reaching something like 3.000.000 views would be very good. 

However, let's face the truth, this is not a good time for groups like green day or groups that used to be "commercial". I think about Foo Fighters, Blink, Weezer,Wilco.. RHCP (and all the stuff I love). Rock lovers think it's good to like classic rock or not so mainstream new groups. The rest of the population listens to fucking Rihanna.
But who cares? 

8 minutes ago, michidookie said:

That's my point.
Bang bang has not so much views cause of the lyrics video on facebook.. and then the official video too.. Considering that we have like 7.000.000 for the lyric video on Facebook....and so I think we are on total 10.000.000 views. 
For Still Breathing I  imagined something like 10.000 views, cause it's too pop for the "punk posers" that populate the web and It's not on the radios.. here in italy. So I think reaching something like 3.000.000 views would be very good. 

However, let's face the truth, this is not a good time for groups like green day or groups that used to be "commercial". I think about Foo Fighters, Blink, Weezer,Wilco.. RHCP (and all the stuff I love). Rock lovers think it's good to like classic rock or not so mainstream new groups. The rest of the population listens to fucking Rihanna.
But who cares? 

Pop music sucks! :ga:

Why is everyone obsessed with them performing on Ellen? What demographic does that reach? Moms?

2 hours ago, greenalert997x said:

It's strange that old singles are relatively drawing bigger attention... it's very disappointing.

Patience, a lot of albums don't take off initially. I think the problem for Green Day is that fans expect immediate commercial impact, but this isn't Green Day following up AI, this is Green Day following up the trilogy, what many outlets considered to be the beginning of the end for Green Day. It may take a while for Green Day to earn back that presence on the charts/radio, and given the way many pop/rock acts have peaked on the charts these days (often 6+ months after an album release), I think we have to wait and see how they continue promotion throughout the entire album cycle. 

I don't think it's a trilogy thing. (Which i like so much).
It's the same fate of all other aging bands. They are fading out, like noel gallagher, foo fighters and many others.
And they are all doing very good music.

I think a lot can change when the album comes out. There's still relatively low hype outside of the fanbase. More people will get to know about the new singles when revrad takes off properly. 

6 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Why is everyone obsessed with them performing on Ellen? What demographic does that reach? Moms?

Gay moms.   

Well there won't be an SNL performance next week. I know they will be in NYC performing that night, but could there be a chance they play the following week?

11 hours ago, ollhjr said:

Well there won't be an SNL performance next week. I know they will be in NYC performing that night, but could there be a chance they play the following week?

It's a possibility. 21 Pilots are playing on SNL next week but as far as I know they haven't announced anyone yet for the show after that yet

the leak is a hit in saudi arabia , people are really loving still breathing here

36 minutes ago, Cello said:

the leak is a hit in saudi arabia , people are really loving still breathing here

how do you know? is it on the radio?

1 hour ago, xXRustyJamesXx said:

how do you know? is it on the radio?

we dont music radio channels 

The Voice Portugal just used 'Still Breathing' as background music, guess that makes it a single?

"Still Breathing" has 3 million views with 111k likes in 1 single week. That's impressive. 

Archived