Revolution Radio

Fuzz

34 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

"She"  — a perfect example that a song with a shitty title can be wonderful. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

just a friggin great song:)

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

"She"  — a perfect example that a song with a shitty title can be wonderful. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I don't see why "She" is a shitty title, simple doesn't necessarily means shitty.

Anyone think they'll do in store signings for the albums like they did when Breakdown came out?

Do we think we'll get tour dates before the album comes out on 10/7?  I'm trying to think of how it has happened in the past...

2 hours ago, Stefano Bras said:

I don't see why "She" is a shitty title, simple doesn't necessarily means shitty.

Are you serious? I swear, you people get offended by everything. 

7 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

She isn't a shitty title. It fits the lyrics and poem perfectly. People are allowed to have different opinions.

9 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Did you forget that this is Green Day Chat? People get butthurt about everything.

3 minutes ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

She isn't a shitty title. It fits the lyrics and poem perfectly. People are allowed to have different opinions.

It's simple but not generic. The new titles have a feel to them that signifies nothing new. Not saying the songs won't be amazing because they can very well be, but I just don't like the titles. I know it doesn't matter.

5 minutes ago, Harry Potter. said:

It's simple but not generic. The new titles have a feel to them that signifies nothing new. Not saying the songs won't be amazing because they can very well be, but I just don't like the titles. I know it doesn't matter.

Nothing new by just looking at song titles? NICE

11 minutes ago, Eric said:

Yes, the song titles aren't fresh. The songs themselves might be.

11 minutes ago, Eric said:

18 minutes ago, Harry Potter. said:

We haven't heard the songs yet so we've got nothing to go on but song titles. Let people speculate FFS, it's what we do best! :P 

29 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

So not even the staff of this site can stand anyone possessing even a dissenting opinion of the band? I realize that this is a fan site so the majority of the people here are going to likely be the most die hard fans you could possibly come across, but sometimes this place is fucking embarrassing to the degree in which posters here attempt to stomp out any conflicting opinions.

14 minutes ago, Eric said:

I sometimes feel like some of you may lack any sense of self-awareness on any level.

4 minutes ago, Harry Potter. said:

Yes, the song titles aren't fresh. The songs themselves might be.

Honestly at this point I don't even expect fresh. I just want something that doesn't cause me to cringe for nearly an hour. Going off of the album cover, title of the album, song titles and Bang Bang as a single, I'm not really getting the sense that Green Day are exactly at their prime in terms of creative output.

1 hour ago, Jake69 said:

Billie said in the Rolling Stones interview that they should be announcing tour dates soon. So, I'm guessing that will be before 10/7.

Right, read that.  I guess we will see how soon is "soon" LOL!

4 minutes ago, CrimsonArk said:

So not even the staff of this site can stand anyone possessing even a dissenting opinion of the band? I realize that this is a fan site so the majority of the people here are going to likely be the most die hard fans you could possibly come across, but sometimes this place is fucking embarrassing to the degree in which posters here attempt to stomp out any conflicting opinions.

I sometimes feel like some of you may lack any sense of self-awareness on any level.

I think the point was just that it was a bit nit-picky, since the point being made was just that you can't necessarily judge a song by its title rather than an attempt to start a debate on whether She is a good title.

I don't actually think it was a big deal to disagree and say She's a good title, but don't think it was a big deal to make the point above in response either. Don't really know why people are now getting pissed off with each other over opinions on song titles :lol: 

1 hour ago, Jake69 said:

Billie said in the Rolling Stones interview that they should be announcing tour dates soon. So, I'm guessing that will be before 10/7.

I didn't know the band did an interview with the Rolling Stones! That's cool they've changed from a band to a news outlet.

16 minutes ago, Jenn123 said:

We haven't heard the songs yet so we've got nothing to go on but song titles. Let people speculate FFS, it's what we do best! :P 

It's silly to judge songs off a title. 

1 minute ago, Eric said:

It's silly to judge songs off a title. 

No one's judging, it's just a discussion about song titles because we haven't got the songs yet! No one is seriously going to be put off by a song because of a title (except Seagull maybe, if no one else is)

2 minutes ago, Jenn123 said:

No one's judging, it's just a discussion about song titles because we haven't got the songs yet! No one is seriously going to be put off by a song because of a title (except Seagull maybe, if no one else is)

You guys are something else! :lol: 

Just now, Eric said:

You guys are something else! :lol: 

O..kay. Completely ignore my post then. :rolleyes:

I think quite a few of Green Day's titles would probably seem boring/generic if you hadn't heard the songs. It gives you a different perspective and adds meaning to the title once you know the song it represents, they're bound to sound less interesting on their own.

But it's still fun to look at the titles/talk about how interesting they sound. Doesn't mean a full judgement of the song is being made (which would be very silly).

5 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I think quite a few of Green Day's titles would probably seem boring/generic if you hadn't heard the songs. It gives you a different perspective and adds meaning to the title once you know the song it represents, they're bound to sound less interesting on their own.

But it's still fun to look at the titles/talk about how interesting they sound. Doesn't mean a full judgement of the song is being made (which would be very silly).

Exactly. We're not judging the songs (how is that even possible? :P) - just the titles. :cool: 

23 hours ago, AmyxLongview said:

I don't care what the song titles are, as long as the songs are good. And I think they will be.

Someone knows whats up! :lol:

Should've called the album Celebrity Martyr, Bang Bang being the title track, and the album conceptually being a spiritual sequel to American Idiot.

I agree about the hate for the simplistic song titles. Think of Green Day's all time hits: Longview, Basket Case, When I Come Around, Good Riddance (Time of Your Life), American Idiot, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Wake Me Up When September Ends, 21 Guns, etc. A lot of those are unique and memorable. They almost add another element of coolness or attractiveness to the song. Yes, not all Green Day song titles are cool, but those same songs also do not stick out amongst the others. Even if "Still Breathing" or whatever is a hit, no one will remember that song purely based on name in 10 yrs like they do with Blvd. or Wake Me Up. 

• Fuzz locked this topic
  • Fuzz unlocked this topic

Archived