8. Too Dumb to Die
9. Troubled Times
10. Somewhere Now
11. Youngblood
12. Ordinary World

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't listened to the whole album yet due to slow internet but just checked out Say Goodbye. Amazing song, Pantera like groovy riffs with 21stCB vocals and also reminds of East Jesus Nowhere and Holiday. I'm really liking this sound! Let there be some RevRad.

The three singles are getting no love from me at the moment because they're not new like the rest :lol:, they stick out weirdly because they're too familiar. But I know in time they'll blend in.

as much as i critisized the trilogy, the unobjective hate is unbearable. it seems some people are just unable to cope with the quantity of songs on there. the trilogy wasn't armageddon and revolution radio isn't heaven on earth.

there are many fun power pop songs on the trilogy and some hidden gems, and alas some trash as well. but in my opinion, the only songs that can compete with the better trilogy tracks from revrad would be:

- bang bang,

- too dumb to die,

- say goodbye

- and partially forever now

Here's my gripe.  Can people just listen like they are at home alone or with some friends or whatever ( hey to each his own) and jammed this on their record players?  Why does everyone all the sudden become a music critic instead of just smoking a bowl and dancing around naked at the fun and seriousness of this album?   It's music, it's not a documentary about Billie's life, it's a glimpse. It's meant for you to feel a connection to the vibe and show up at a show and live in the energy of everyone who gets it. If you don't then save your money ( or data) and skip this and find what invigorates your heart.  

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

As a fellow 20+ year fan, I'm sorry you feel this way. I mean, the only thing I can think of is that you don't want them to grow as song writers. I personally believe that this album is the best thing they have done...but I can see why you don't like it if you are expecting 3 chord songs about drugs, alcohol, or masturbation.

That or just some unrealistic expectations! :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Brainstews27 said:

Here's my gripe.  Can people just listen like they are at home alone or with some friends or whatever ( hey to each his own) and jammed this on their record players?  Why does everyone all the sudden become a music critic instead of just smoking a bowl and dancing around naked at the fun and seriousness of this album?   It's music, it's not a documentary about Billie's life, it's a glimpse. It's meant for you to feel a connection to the vibe and show up at a show and live in the energy of everyone who gets it. If you don't then save your money ( or data) and skip this and find what invigorates your heart.  

i love this guy

1 hour ago, Steven Seagull said:

"Armstrong continues to lean on lyrical phrases that sound clever but don't say much. Still, the album includes several strong character sketches."

Ouch, but it's exactly what we said.

YES! we all know that Billie has so much lyrical potential than that...

btw, I loved RevRad in almost every way. I've been observing the main thoughts that people are droping in this thread and my conclusion is: Revolution Radio grows gradually strong in every new try.

Fav. Tracks: Somewhere Now, Say Goodbye, Outlaws, and Too Dumb To Die
Least Fav.: Still Breathing

Okay since everyone else is doing it:

American idiot

Dookie

21st CB

Nimrod

Insomniac

Kerplunk

Revrad

Warning

Uno

Tre

Dos

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

My thing today has been listen to Somewhere Now, listen to Forever Now, repeat.

Thank you for this idea. Every time I get to the end I'm like "AGAIN AGAIN".

"I wanna start a revolution....":runaround:

"Armstrong continues to lean on lyrical phrases that sound clever but don't say much. Still, the album includes several strong character sketches."

Well, there's also someone saying "Revolution Radio is Green Day back at their best" and another one thinking that "Revolution Radio, happily, shares more with the zestier (and earlier) likes of Nimrod" :) 

9 minutes ago, Brainstews27 said:

All the haters should give that a try.  I know I've danced around in my underwear (not stoned) and enjoyed the album so much. 

I love to compare Green Day with Star Wars sooooo:

IV, V and VI: Dookie, AI and Nimrod
I, II and III: Uno, Dos, Tré

VII: Revolution Radio

lol

That's a pretty apt way to describe his writing, but when the phrases click, it's magical. "Cherry bombs and gasoline, debutants and surgery" is a perfect example of phrase that may initially seem like Armstrong trying to be too clever for his own good, but it's actually a genius way to explain America in two short, dichotomous phrases. I don't know many popular lyricists today who can accomplish that. 

2 minutes ago, Rafael Bonanno Lage said:

lol

53068365.jpg 

49 minutes ago, Hermione said:

The three singles are getting no love from me at the moment because they're not new like the rest :lol:, they stick out weirdly because they're too familiar. But I know in time they'll blend in.

Yeah it took me about 7 years for Blvd to not stick out on AI lol

9 minutes ago, Rafael Bonanno Lage said:

lol

This is intense. VII as RevRad. Yes. Good stuff right there.

Spoiler

I love III with my entire soul but that's a story for another day.

10 minutes ago, Rafael Bonanno Lage said:

lol

But why did you put Dookie and Nimrod among originals. Those movies are awful :ermm:

Just now, Steven Seagull said:

But why did you put Dookie and Nimrod among originals. Those movies are awful :ermm:

Hahahahahaha, ok, I couldn't expect something different from you :lol:

17 minutes ago, .Holly said:

Thank you for this idea. Every time I get to the end I'm like "AGAIN AGAIN".

"I wanna start a revolution....":runaround:

I actually get sad when I reach the end, because it goes by so fast. THAT is the sign of a good album, folks.

1 minute ago, Steven Seagull said:

Woooooow! What are you talking about! 

21 minutes ago, Cello said:

He also forgot insomniac which is my absolute favorite.

1 minute ago, Jake69 said:

What is wrong with you.

13 minutes ago, Rafael Bonanno Lage said:

lol

Wow that's one of the best comparisons I've ever seen. However, I loved Force Awakens but thought it was sort of a nostalgia film, whereas RevRad brings new stuff to the table and is a new direction, so I'd say it's more like Ep 8.

Archived