Revolution Radio

Fuzz

7 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

What if all the leaks WERE different versions of the album???   It's unlikely, but they could STILL be tweaking it.   What if it came out on October 7th with a totally different cover, shuffled track listing and maybe even some other songs?    

I'd vote on Bouncing off the Wall being replaced with Devil's Kind or Dreamcatcher or anything really.   

Why would you replace a kick ass song with two mediocre ones?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/26/2016 at 3:51 PM, thatdude03 said:

How I'm ranking the tracks so far:

Say Goodbye, Forever Now and Too Dumb to Die are the ones I keep going back to over and over.  I love the first three we heard, I've just overplayed all three of them.  From the second they appeared online I played them about 8000 times in a row so now I don't want to hear them.   

(I feel bad but I ruined BANG BANG, Revrad and Still Breathing for myself.  I love all three of them, I Just don't want to hear them for a while.  haha)

I thought Somewhere Now was going to be one of my favorites but I think it's going to take some time for me to figure this one out.  very different and I just don't know yet.

Outlaws is great and it reminds me of 21 Guns.  

Bouncing off the Walls -  The title screams "filler!" and it kind of is, but Green Day filler is better than most other musicians best output.  Not bad but probably the weakest song here.

Youngblood - at first listen one might be annoyed with the repetitive, poppy-ness of this one but come on people, it's Green Day and they play "pop" music.  It's good.  Makes me want to fall in love with a girl from Oakland.   :)

Troubled Times -  along with Bouncing, this is one of my least favorites.  Can't help but think of this as a second rate "Devil's Kind".   I would have preferred that song to this one, but this one does have some banging guitars.   it's a hybrid of Restless Heart Syndrome and Devil's Kind.

Ordinary World - This song is great.  The only thing about this one is that I'm so used to the crummy live version I've been playing forever so this one sounds weird to me.   But, I love-love-love this track.         Freaking sweet.   

We pretty much think alike.  I was really hoping somewhere now was going to be a KABOOM in your face song and it wasn't.  However it has grown on me to the point where it is probably my favorite track on the album.  Lyrically the darkest song is either say goodbye or troubled times.  However troubled times to me just felt like it should have been sped way up to get the point across.  But not a bad song and bouncing of the walls is the filler song of the album, but I still enjoy it.

29 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

But We all die in threes and we all die in three days are totally different meanings.  

Yeah I know, I just don't think that it goes well in the song as a chorus. 

Here's me list however Revolution Radio could move up.

1. Insomniac

2. 21st Century Breakdown

3. Nimrod

4. Dookie

5. American Idiot

6. Revolution Radio

7. Warning

8. Uno, Dos, Tre Triple Album

9. Kerplunk

10. 1,030 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours

Now please note I do not consider the triple album three different albums because if that was the case the record label would have allowed them to be released as three separate albums and under contract it was considered one album.  Not to mention the fact that the band said they were linked together as one album.

6 minutes ago, munz6691 said:

Yeah I know, I just don't think that it goes well in the song as a chorus. 

but the meaning does, if you add day it totally changes the meaning

34 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

But We all die in threes and we all die in three days are totally different meanings.  

And then there's the distinct possibility he's saying 

"We all die in trees" :lol:

Sure why not. Fits in with the theme of cellos over the rainbow and whatnot :lol:

Just now, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

And then there's the distinct possibility he's saying 

"We all die in trees" :lol:

Sure why not. Fits in with the theme of cellos over the rainbow and whatnot :lol:

Sometimes I feel like cello.  I've never ended up in a tree.   

1 minute ago, thatdude03 said:

Sometimes I feel like cello.  I've never ended up in a tree.   

Maybe you've never been high enough or sorry, cello enough. 

Just now, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Maybe you've never been high enough or sorry, cello enough. 

Billie Joe's done A Quick One (While He's Away) levels of cello, I'm sure of it.    wonk wonk wonk

I'm currently trying to find guitar chords for the new songs.   Found a few that sound pretty good on my acoustic.   

I wonder if Beatles fans put this much effort into dissecting some of their songs like Yellow Submarine etc :lol:

I can't help but wonder how much different this would sound if Rob was producing with them. I wonder if they'll work with him on the next one

I expected a whole lot more based on the singles but it's okay I guess. Very slightly disappointed.

Say Goodbye is the only one besides Bang Bang, Revolution Radio, and Still Breathing that I really really liked and it still wasn't the style I was hoping for.

19 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

I wonder if Beatles fans put this much effort into dissecting some of their songs like Yellow Submarine etc :lol:

Some certainly have! Sky of blue, Sea of green, funeral scene, the whole Paul Is Dead theory. But that is off topic

Green Days albums are all relationships to me. They have and have had different places in my life. They represent different parts, memories and maybe most of all: the feelings felt when I heard them and the role they played. Green Day is the only band whose music I categorize like that. :D

RevRad wise, I haven't fallen in love yet, but I am interested. I feel like we're still just fooling around, getting to know one another. For me to really fall for specific songs, we need to do something together It needs to be memorable.

Bang Bang: Sitting in my apartment waiting for the song to premiere. My sister showed up and we listened to it together. That was special and I'll always think of that when I listen to it. 

Then came the +/- three weeks of writing the first paper of the semester.

Revolution Radio: Writing about childrens language developement in pre-school. Giving up pretty quickly, throws in the towel and thinking I might going through with dropping out and wondering how long I could still keep my job if I do that. Decide to buy beer.  Then this song shows up and it became my "fuck it" song for the night.  

Still Breathing:  It's getting darker. This paper ain't no game. Gonna blow it. Decide to get drunk again. Gets sentimental and cry a bit. Great song. My head's above the rain and roses.. and this paper. I shall make it. 

Bouncing off the walls: The album leaks and I'm feeling lazy about getting my hands on it. Eventually does and someone recommends this song.  Use it to celebrate my finished and sent off paper. Freedom arrives.

Maybe I'll fall for a new one tomorrow, after my class's "let's criticize each other until we cry" meeting, again.. about the this fucking paper. 

I'm worrying that in ten 10 years from now, someone will mention this album and I'll be going "oh right, good children's language developement album..."

That was a long rambling post. I'm sorry. I like this album so far and I have a feeling we'll become good friends.

2 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

Then naming the song "Bouncing Off the WALL," singular, is really testing my relationship with them. :lol:

Right!   Let's all agree to refer to it as "Bounce Off" from here on out.   

Or we could just do that for every song. Ordinary Worlds. Forever Nows. Troubled Time. Bangs Bangs. Fuck lyrics, just do whatever you please with the titles. 

21 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

Them naming the song "Bouncing Off the WALL," singular, is really testing my relationship with them. :lol:

I'm hoping on the physical CD and vinyl it will say Walls :D

I thought that song was filler on my first listen and now it's one of my favorites!

I've tacked on the reprise of "Somewhere Now" in "Forever Now" onto the end of "Somewhere Now" to create a 7+ minute masterpiece. It's glorious.

12 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Troubled Times is my favorite of the album so far

I fucking LOVE that song. Actually I fucking LOVE the entire album. The only song that really needed a bit of time for me to grow to love is Still Breathing. The rest of the album feels very theatrical and epic and the only reason I'd rate 21cb higher in a list of favorite albums is because 21cb's length while still maintaining the quality and style of the songs. Also AI is still my number one, mostly because im very biased with AI :D

3 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

but the meaning does, if you add day it totally changes the meaning

What even is the meaning of the song?

Holy shit I love this album! I can even tolerate bouncing off the wall now haha but oh my lord only Green Day can do this thing with their music that I haven't heard many bands do. They will build up to this one point in a song and you dont think they can go any further but then they just fucking nail it I cant really explain it well but instead i'll try by describing a part of a song that does it! The part in Forever Now when Billie sings "from the edge of the world" twice for the last time and then the guitars/drums come in and it goes into "If this is what you call the good life I want a better way to die" and just pushes the momentum even further and its like fucking ear bliss. Not sure if i'm clearly stating the feeling for anyone but its the best I can do haha not many bands can do that for me but they have the gift.

1 minute ago, inthehallwaynow said:

Holy shit I love this album! I can even tolerate bouncing off the wall now haha but oh my lord only Green Day can do this thing with their music that I haven't heard many bands do. They will build up to this one point in a song and you dont think they can go any further but then they just fucking nail it I cant really explain it well but instead i'll try by describing a part of a song that does it! The part in Forever Now when Billie sings "from the edge of the world" twice for the last time and then the guitars/drums come in and it goes into "If this is what you call the good life I want a better way to die" and just pushes the momentum even further and its like fucking ear bliss. Not sure if i'm clearly stating the feeling for anyone but its the best I can do haha not many bands can do that for me but they have the gift.

Uughh your comment just made me want to listen to the album already but I really wanna wait till Oct 7, I'm going crazy here!!! Haha 

Archived