Revolution Radio

Fuzz

2 minutes ago, 21guns&novacaine said:

The way they worked the western theme into it was serverely cool! :woot: Can't wait to see more footage of it live. 

Do you guys think they'll be doing another live performance video for RedRad? Like Bullet in a bible and awesome as fuck? 

Bullet in a Bible 2005 --> Awesome as Fuck 2011 ---> ??? 2017

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Stefano Bras said:

Bullet in a Bible 2005 --> Awesome as Fuck 2011 ---> ??? 2017

Revolution Video? :P 

I don't know why but I just think that " I want a new conspiracy and the silence of a thousand cries" is just a fucking amazing line 

or did I mishear it?

Where's the individual song threads gone? Am I being an idiot and somehow failing to see the obvious? :P

Oh and Too Dumb to Die is fucking awesome. May be better than Bouncing off the Walls but I can't decide!

I have made a complete 180 on a few songs, especially Ordinary World. That song sounds so beautiful and has some of Billie's best acoustic guitar playing since... well, probably the best he's ever done. Youngblood has grown on me a lot, but it's probably still my least favorite. It's hard to pick a top track between Still Breathing, Troubled Times, Forever Now and Too Dumb to Die. Too Dumb has some pretty bad lyrics, but that's really the only problem I have with any songs on here.

8 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

Revolution Video? :P 

That actually.... sounds pretty good.

hqdefault.jpg

53 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I love their fun and goofy side, and their serious side.  I am hardly one that complains about their lyrics.  The band actually wins with me all the time.  Just because I don't like a song you like does not mean that I complain about them all the time.  

Because you think it is fun does not mean everyone else does.

Ok all very fair. People like different things but you were the one that engaged the conversation. I was just replying to your reply to me. I wasn't singling anyone out. 

7 hours ago, Dakke said:

"I never learned to read or write as well, but I can play the guitar until it hurts like hell." A simple, yet so clever and personal line that makes me scream out: Green Day is back bitchesss!!! Everything on this track is just bloody good.

Haven't heard the Album yet, but that line sounds like he copied it straight from Johnny B. Goode

"Who never ever learned to read or write so well
But he could play the guitar just like a ringing a bell"

Forever Now grew on me so much today!

That Somewhere Now + Forever Now for me is on AI level, one of the best things musically they've ever done. Amazing blending between who-ish sounding, pure green day, and crafty BJ's songwriting. Just WOW.

I can't speak more highly of Forever Now, so anthemic and atmospheric, ends the album in a nice little package tying in "Somewhere Now" bringing you back to the start of the album at the end (if that makes sense), really fucking clever.

23 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

Ok all very fair. People like different things but you were the one that engaged the conversation. I was just replying to your reply to me. I wasn't singling anyone out. 

I was actually just answering your question.  You wanted to know why people didn't like the song and I gave you my reasons.  

23 minutes ago, Marina86 said:

Haven't heard the Album yet, but that line sounds like he copied it straight from Johnny B. Goode

Yes, it's definitely a citation :) 

Amazing!   I can't compare it to other albums just yet but here are some thoughts:

Too Dumb to Die talks about his father a lot, and that's a nice throwback of sorts.  He's become a part of Green Day lore and he has not been forgotten.   

This album's sound could be described as an American Breakdown, but with the exception of Bouncing and RevRad I think the whole thing is new and fresh.  That new guitar tones are brilliant and overall so are the songs.  I do miss the harmonies between Billie and Mike, I just can't hear them on this one.  But that's just part of the new sound I suppose.   

The acoustic moments are great too, I just can't say enough about the guitar sounds on this record.   the "Now Suite" is the closest thing we'll ever get to "Jesus of Suburbia" but yet totally unique.  

Bouncing off the Wall doesn't do much for me.  Also, why did they leave off the "s" in the title when that's clearly the lyric?   

52 minutes ago, xXRustyJamesXx said:

Am I the only one who thinks RevRad is the best record they put out since American Idiot?

yes, do you even trilogy?

12 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I was actually just answering your question.  You wanted to know why people didn't like the song and I gave you my reasons.  

That's what I said, you answered me, I wasn't singling you out. 

Gave the album a second proper listen now and I like most of it! 

Youngblood's riff sounds like this avril song or what?

Also the lyric "my name is billie and im freaking out" is so cringey.

23 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

He's become a part of Green Day lore and he has not been forgotten.   

And now he never will be for as long as people listen to Green Day. Words are so important. :wub:

23 minutes ago, petros said:

Also the lyric "my name is billie and im freaking out" is so cringey.

I don't find it cringeworthy, bit out of place.  The song is awesome after that part

I'm trying to hard to figure out where RevRad falls into my ranking of Green Day albums.....

It's definitely in my top 4.  If track 6 would bounce right off the album it would be higher.   ZING   

American Idiot is nearly impossible to top, so it remains my all time favorite.  Warning, Nimrod and Dookie all come close to perfection.....I know it's blasphemy but RevRad beats Dookie.   

RevRad is my............................4th favorite Green Day album!   

Idiot.

Warning

Nimrod

RevRad.  

I love me some 'middle years' Green Day fo sho.  

1 minute ago, Kaddi. said:

The verses of Youngblood are quite nice, but the chorus is just plain awful. =/

You mean "youngblood youngblood youngblood youngblood youngblood youngblood" ?   

That's the most poetic thing he's ever written, too bad this songs isn't 10 minutes long.   :ga:

1 hour ago, Marina86 said:

Oh man what if they break into that cover while playing this song live!!!!!!!  Go, Billie, GO GO!   Billie B. Goode!!!!!  

7 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

I'm trying to hard to figure out where RevRad falls into my ranking of Green Day albums.....

It's definitely in my top 4.  If track 6 would bounce right off the album it would be higher.   ZING   

American Idiot is nearly impossible to top, so it remains my all time favorite.  Warning, Nimrod and Dookie all come close to perfection.....I know it's blasphemy but RevRad beats Dookie.   

RevRad is my............................4th favorite Green Day album!   

Idiot.

Warning

Nimrod

RevRad.  

I love me some 'middle years' Green Day fo sho.  

You mean "youngblood youngblood youngblood youngblood youngblood youngblood" ?   

That's the most poetic thing he's ever written, too bad this songs isn't 10 minutes long.   :ga:

Oh man what if they break into that cover while playing this song live!!!!!!!  Go, Billie, GO GO!   Billie B. Goode!!!!!  

Yes, please!!! That'd be too funny 😂

9 hours ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

I really wouldn't read too much into the lyrics. I mean normally I analyse them to death but when he's rhyming cause with santa clause and camouflage in one song and there's that thing about him being a cello over a rainbow or something these are worse lyrics than his bmexecellent tits days so they probably mean absolutely nothing. :mellow:

BM-excellent tits, common phrase and everybody says it.    HAHA.    Serious though.   What the heck did he mean?  Bayerische Motoren Werke Boobs?   I hope no one's ever used that line on an actual women before because any comparison to a motor vehicle is not going to work.    Cars don't mind being treated like ladies, but the reverse does not work.   

I think...I think it might be my #2. I know it's so ridiculous to say that, but it just mashes all my favorite parts of Green Day together that I can't help but smoosh it right between 21CB and Warning. Because it's their baby.

1. 21CB

2. RevRad

3. Warning

4. AI

5. Kerplunk

6. Nimrod

7. Dookie

8. Insomniac

9. 39/Smooth

10. Trilogy

Archived