New song "Bang Bang" coming August 11th

XxXxXxXxX

Just now, Justin1 said:

I agree with you if it's music you like and are going to listen to a lot. People should be able to sample a song or album before they buy it (at the very least get 30 seconds-1 minute if each song). Nobody should have to pay money for something unless they know what they are getting.. I Wouldn't equate it borrowing money or paying bills lol.

That's what hearing it on the radio was always for.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tomorrow is the presentation of new songs to radio director... Maybe we can get some new info or song snippet hehehe

8 minutes ago, LiamSmiffyBoi said:

Even if I did listen to the leak (if there even is one), there's no doubt about it that I'll be buying the single and the album when they come out anyway. It'd just be like listening to it a week early then paying when you can, like a sort of preview. It's not like I'd hear the leak and go "HAH! Fuck you, Green Day! I've heard this single once, now I will never buy anything from you again"

As much as people say it's a dick move, it wouldn't be like downloading the whole album without buying a copy. And I assume 99% of people here will be buying the full album when they can anyway. 

I wasn't referring to listening to a leak, I do the same.  The person said they download the leak instead of purchasing.

28 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

No matter how you look at it, it is stealing.It doesn't matter if the band is big or not.  They have earned the right to sell their music

Lots of artists consider it to be sharing and actively support it though. Physically it's the same thing as copying one of your mates CDs onto your computer (although in reality it reaches a far larger audience), which I wouldn't class as stealing. Whatever your viewpoint, there are obvious pros and cons, but I don't think it's a simple case of "it's wrong never do it", and a lot of artists would agree. Of course, a lot would also disagree, as is their right. 

I downloaded the trilogy with every intent of buying it afterwards. Then I listened to it and decided against it. 

1 minute ago, JJ1964 said:

I wasn't referring to listening to a leak, I do the same.  The person said they download the leak instead of purchasing.

to clarify, i will absolutely be buying this album on vinyl and there has never been a green day album i haven't purchased in some form, most of them multiple times :P mostly i just meant that i'm going to want the album the second that it comes out and as a single parent i can't really justify 10 dollars or whatever for an itunes download that i could easily get for free. to say that i'm stealing and sleazy because of that seems like a little bit of an overreaction, i've been throwing all my money at green day for a long time and i don't see that changing

52 minutes ago, PurpleIron1039 said:

I'm pretty sure he's Australian. They do things differently outside of 'Murica.

And 'Muricans can't write dates or spell properly since you won't be able to say which song is your favourite from the new album. If we get told that the album is coming out 10/7, why was it not released last month? I'm sure Seagull man will side with the Brits and the Ozzies since he seems to go against most of the Yanks on here.

Can't remember if they streamed any of the trilogy, but 21st Century Breakdown was on Rolling Stone? (I think) site for a week or two before it came out, I remember listening to it numerous times.  

On another note, when the site was offline this morning, I was reading one of the magazine articles about the news, and on the video link on that page, which was a number of Green Day facts set to some of their tracks, it mentioned that Billie Joe had been held up at gunpoint in 2001 ....... (which wasn't something I remember reading about before).

1 minute ago, WhatsernameKKK said:

Can't remember if they streamed any of the trilogy, but 21st Century Breakdown was on Rolling Stone? (I think) site for a week or two before it came out, I remember listening to it numerous times.  

On another note, when the site was offline this morning, I was reading one of the magazine articles about the news, and on the video link on that page, which was a number of Green Day facts set to some of their tracks, it mentioned that Billie Joe had been held up at gunpoint in 2001 ....... (which wasn't something I remember reading about before).

good lord, your username!!!! 

I've never heard this story about Billie Joe being held up at gunpoint, what was the source? 

1 minute ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

#BlackLivesMatter

4 hours ago, GenXIdiot said:

Maybe we already got the teaser: that two seconds of new music at the end of Billie Joe's studio "tour" on his IG...

And the way Tré was banging on that metal pan, it all makes sense now!!!

6 minutes ago, WhatsernameKKK said:

Yeah I've heard that story. It was billie joe is afraid of guns because he was held up at gunpoint. It was on gda's old "green day facts" or something.

7 minutes ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

I've never heard this story about Billie Joe being held up at gunpoint, what was the source? 

I heard once that Billie was scared to death of guns. And that he was very anxious during the 21 guns "shoot". Although I have no idea if that's true or just hearsay. But the gunpoint story would explain it.

4 minutes ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

NME video at bottom of page - 50 geeky facts pt 2. Not sure if it was from YouTube or elsewhere.

1 minute ago, WhatsernameKKK said:

NME video at bottom of page - 50 geeky facts pt 2. Not sure if it was from YouTube or elsewhere.

I'll check it out. 

I'm still waiting to hear what inspired the KKK part of your username though, I'm not gonna lie.

1 minute ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

I'll check it out. 

I'm still waiting to hear what inspired the KKK part of your username though, I'm not gonna lie.

Makes a change from 123, nothing interesting.🤓

2 minutes ago, WhatsernameKKK said:

Makes a change from 123, nothing interesting.🤓

have you ever heard of the Ku Klux Klan? Just out of curiosity.

26 minutes ago, suspendedskies said:

I downloaded the trilogy with every intent of buying it afterwards. Then I listened to it and decided against it. 

I bought "Foreverly" without listening it. I'm still thinking that was the worst way of spending money yet on the other hand I know that i supported Billie.

(Bang) Bang! and the Dir(n)t is gone. That's the chorus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBuqik0B7eo

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

Fun story. I once read a Detective Conan fanfiction and someone invented an OC with the first letter "K". There were already two other canon characters with the first letter K. Together they formed group called "KKK" to fight the MEN IN BLACK.:mellow:

3 minutes ago, WalkingContradictionPL said:

I bought "Foreverly" without listening it. I'm still thinking that was the worst way of spending money yet on the other hand I know that i supported Billie.

Bang! and the Dir(n)t is gone

I've never actually listened to that. Is it good?

3 minutes ago, suspendedskies said:

It is amazing.  Probably Billie's best vocals ever.  However, it is very different than anything you have heard before from him.  

2 minutes ago, suspendedskies said:

My mother loved it. I listened to it and I liked the first song but the next ones sounded exactly the same to me.

4 minutes ago, suspendedskies said:

I wasn't into it. Billies vocals are good but it's really not my style. 

12 minutes ago,  Brooklyn Baby said: 

Yeah, but I doubt they've heard of Green Day.

7 minutes ago, suspendedskies said:

It's amazing. If you're at all familiar with the genre, you'll appreciate it. Even if you're not, it's just a lovely album and it's fun to hear Billie singing in a completely different setting than we're used to hearing him.

• Second favourite son locked this topic

Archived