New song "Bang Bang" coming August 11th

XxXxXxXxX

17 minutes ago, JDA said:

Here's a thought.... Bang Bang isn't on their 'New' Album...

Why?

- Looking at all three members instagram posts since the 'new single' announcement, they have all hash tagged #mynewband.  Why would an announcement from their new album be linked to the #mynewband project?

- Why a new guy mixing the song? and by his recent post, 'I've mixed the shit out of it", it could be something pieced together.

- both the recent promo's from Warner about the one day early listening session only mentions listening to the new single.

- all members have only mentioned the premiere of their new single. Why wouldn't it be promoted as 'the new single from our upcoming album'?

To me, this has been far too secretive this time around that I think there is something else in the works. We haven't heard/seen a mention of #mynewband for a while, and now it's linked to all new photos about the single.  The new album is coming, undoubtably, but is this a new project first?

Just a thought..

They started a new band with Will.I.am and Lady Cobra, Steven Seagull is writing lyrics and I am producing it.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, SomeNimrod97 said:

My thoughts are that maybe Jeff and Keyboard Jason are maybe now going to be listed as official members. Nothing more than that could be thought of without it being a daft conspiracy theory.

just speculating at this point in anticipating this new album.  That is whats fun about the album announcement this time around. I think they are keeping things secretive and not letting anyone in. As with prior albums (aside from 21CB and Trilogy), the lack of updates and inside studio updates make for a bigger sense of anticipating and Imagination...

Anyways... Bang, Bang! looking forward to it and the new album

10 minutes ago, Supercali_swagilistic said:

you know.. youre getting insanely off topic randomly trying to go blackhawk on me. move it to spam thread or eat a chocolate bar.. i dunno. just fuckin relax.

what now do whatsername and macys day parade have to do with bang bang? how did we get there?

They are basically on topic cause they are referring to the new album which has bang bang on it.. all they were saying is that they hope the last song on the new album is like a big finale to end the cd.. So they were listing other end of the album songs as examples.

6 minutes ago, Sixtrix said:

Keyboard Jason?

Not sure about that one.. it's not as catchy as Tre Cool and Mike Dirnt..

It would be easier to understand than Billie, Mike, Tré, Jason, Jason and Jeff. You be talking about Jason and people will only know which one you mean when the instrument is mentioned. You have guitar Jason and keyboard Jason.

1 minute ago, SomeNimrod97 said:

It would be easier to understand than Billie, Mike, Tré, Jason, Jason and Jeff. You be talking about Jason and people will only know which one you mean when the instrument is mentioned. You have guitar Jason and keyboard Jason.

I know what you mean, but I just found it a funny way of describing Jason Freese

2 minutes ago, Sixtrix said:

I know what you mean, but I just found it a funny way of describing Jason Freese

And this will probably be a lot of people's reactions to Jeff being an official member.

Green Day is the Tré, Mike, and Billie show. It has been this way for years, and it will be this way forever.

Should replace Tre with John Kiffmeyer. Dude was beasting at R&R HOF

Reply from Kerrang Radio when I asked if they were playing Bang Bang on the 11th in the UK... 

Just now, Steven Seagull said:

Tré is more skilled and has more personality.

Just now, Harry Potter. said:

Who the fuck is tre cool?

2 minutes ago, Whatshisnamee said:
Reply from Kerrang Radio when I asked if they were playing Bang Bang on the 11th in the UK... 

It better be jazz-punk fusion. Never knew that was what I wanted from Green Day until now.

Edit: Maybe that's what those horns were for. It all adds up.

4 minutes ago, Whatshisnamee said:

47d9c92134daba9635fd92e639edbbac.jpeg

1 minute ago, Harry Potter. said:

It better be jazz-punk fusion. Never knew that was what I wanted from Green Day until now.

Haha, well they didn't exactly give me the answer I was looking for... Hopes they'll play it as at the moment I have no idea where it's getting played in the UK!

I say we'll get the album announcement later today. Rember that guy from last week? "One Week"

4 minutes ago, Dori_Epiphone said:

I say we'll get the album announcement later today. Rember that guy from last week? "One Week"

I really hope so. But it'll probably be the day of the single. We can pretty much assume that dude is just a troll but it's strange after they posted that's when all of the good news started to happen. :lol:

Just now, XPursuitOfEpicnessX said:

I really hope so. But it'll probably be the day of the single. We can pretty much assume that dude is just a troll but it's strange after they posted that's when all of the good news started to happen. :lol:

Coincidence? I do not think so. :D

It does look like it was a troll though. 

22 minutes ago, Harry Potter. said:

You've never seen John Kiffmeyer in action, I see. :P

.....Which makes sense because he's only played with green day once since most of us have been alive/old enough to remember. 

10 minutes ago, Dori_Epiphone said:

Where did this person write ''one week''?? On this forum?

Just now, _•Whatsername•_ said:

Yeah. In the infamous in the studio thread. 

5 minutes ago, _•Whatsername•_ said:

Just now, localinsomniac said:

if that happens while im on stage, im going to cry!

i need a heads up in a couple of hours. have fun speculating

57 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

They should replace Billie with Matt Skiba.

1 minute ago, petros said:

They should replace Billie with Matt Skiba.

That's the worst idea I've heard all morning.

• Second favourite son locked this topic

Archived