Green Day started rehearsing for upcoming tour

Sanity Loan

13 minutes ago, jabharty said:

Will be great when I wake up tomorrow and it's metallica...

Either that or they'll be sold out. On that note does anyone remember how fast the arena dates during 21CB sold out? 

If I remember correctly (i was in college when they went on sale so my parents got them for me through idiot club pre sale) Standing sold out pretty quick for the both  Manchester dates seating and other venues I'm not too sure of. I think it was similar with Sheffield, my friends parents got Sheffield tickets and all she could get was seated and that was pretty much as soon as they went on general sale. Not sure about other venues though!

3 minutes ago, Sarah.Scumbag said:

Saaame! I can't help but think "what do these pulse lines have to do with revrad??" But I am totally feeding off of everyones excitement at the same time!!

Glad I wasn't the only one trying to figure out what they could possibly have to do with it! (Also why I'm trying not to get my hopes up to much!) :lol:

3 minutes ago, veidar45 said:

Has anyone encountered more UK arena announcements? I'm looking for it but can't find anything else...really hope for a Birmingham date.

I've had a quick look through the arenas they toured in '09 London, Glasgow, Birmingham and Sheffield etc and can't see any mention of announcements of them.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got an email that Metallica announced their first 5 tour dates, all Latin America and that there is plenty more to come.  The pre sale is Sept 8 and tickets Sept 10.  I hope that is not the big announcement tomorrow, with the additional tour dates.  :cry: 

3 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

We know Paris is tomorrow, and that's it's green day.

US though.. That could be Metallica 

5 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

I just got an email that Metallica announced their first 5 tour dates, all Latin America and that there is plenty more to come.  The pre sale is Sept 8 and tickets Sept 10.  I hope that is not the big announcement tomorrow, with the additional tour dates.  :cry: 

Wasn't the Paris show confirmed? They would have to make the announcement this week if this rumor was true. Plus some of those hints were clearly GD related. The tour dates are just one sleep away from us.

Just now, Jane Lannister said:

Wasn't the Paris show confirmed? It would have to make the announcement this week if this rumor was true. Plus some of those hints were clearly GD related. The tour dates are just one sleep away from us.

I didn't think the Paris one was definately confirmed.  I thought it was just people repeating what that one blogger said.  I could be wrong, I haven't been around much and didn't read through the entire thread.   

Just typed in Metallica in the search bar and this is one of the results:

Edit: nevermind, just read that @JJ1964 said it was all Latin America. 

Anyhow, the blog post states that there is more coming in the next few weeks.
Only  3/5 dates for Metallica are the ones in which presale begins the 8th.

Just now, JJ1964 said:

I didn't think the Paris one was definately confirmed.  I thought it was just people repeating what that one blogger said.  I could be wrong, I haven't been around much and didn't read through the entire thread.   

The venue posted a date with a green drop over it.. 

And said tomorrow,

green day!

Just now, Paola17 said:

Just typed in Metallica in the search bar and this is one of the results:

Still hope for us, I believe.

There is definatel still hope, but the email I got said they only announced 5 dates and more would be coming shortly.

Just now, JJ1964 said:

I'm way too tired to remember if it was confirmed/search for the information but I recall that on of the hints posted by a radio station was a gif of some green paint over tomorrow's date in calendar. That's certainly something Green Day related.

1 minute ago, Purplebenny93 said:

The venue posted a date with a green drop over it.. 

And said tomorrow,

green day!

That is definately hopeful, but not confirmed.  

I'm way too tired to remember if it was confirmed/search for the information but I recall that on of the hints posted by a radio station was a gif of some green paint over tomorrow's date in calendar. That's certainly something Green Day related.

Someone just said that.  However, I agree, that appears to be Green Day, but that does not make it confirmed.  

3 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

That's southside festival and hurricane (they're the same but different places like Reading & leeds basically) in germany

Plus it wasn't a radio station it was the festival's facebook page

Just now, JJ1964 said:

Ah it's as closed to confirmed as they could do without posting  as  picture of green day 

1 minute ago, JJ1964 said:

Damn, that would be cruel if they were just trolling us.

1 minute ago, Jane Lannister said:

Damn, that would be cruel they were just trolling us.

I agree.  I don't think they are trolling us, just pointing out that that is not a confirmation. 

I'm just hoping that the US dates aren't until Nov or Dec because I can't go in Sept or Oct.  :cry:  I'm too nervous to get excited.

1 minute ago, JJ1964 said:

I agree.  I don't think they are trolling us, just pointing out that that is not a confirmation. 

I'm just hoping that the US dates aren't until Nov or Dec because I can't go in Sept or Oct.  :cry:  I'm too nervous to get excited.

I'm more nervous than excited too. I'm positive I'll end up having a gigantic breakdown about this tomorrow. Either from absolute happiness overload or grief. I must admit I kind of enjoy worrying about something so petty, it's a nice change from Real ProblemsTM.

I'm more nervous than excited too. I'm positive I'll end up having a gigantic breakdown about this tomorrow. Either from absolute happiness overload or grief. I must admit I kind of enjoy worrying about something so petty, it's a nice change from Real ProblemsTM.

Well put my young friend.  Again, I am amazed that you are only 18.  I will be excited when I see them coming to CT or NY in Nov.  

I just put on Rock'n'Roll Radio because this is all happening and WHY DID I DO THIS AT MIDNIGHT I'M NOT GONNA SLEEP

I'm so excited I may poop everywhere.

Also, if I preorder the album and fan club right now do I automatically get membership to Idiot Nation? 

what are the advantages a Idiot Nation member has for the upcoming world tour? only the pre-sale stuff or more?

3 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

what are the advantages a Idiot Nation member has for the upcoming world tour? only the pre-sale stuff or more?

Presale mainly and then last time you could enter competitions for early entry and soundcheck for each of the dates.

They won't be on sale immediately after being announced, will they? Not even for Idiot Nation? I'm so nervous and scared I won't get a ticket, because I don't know my class schedule yet and I don't have money for it *right now*...

4 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

They won't be on sale immediately after being announced, will they? Not even for Idiot Nation? I'm so nervous and scared I won't get a ticket...

I highly doubt it, not for a full tour. Maybe if it was a secret show announcement then tickets would go on sale pretty soon after the announcement, but for a full world album tour it would likely be a few days if not longer before tickets went on sale. 

Someone correct me if im wrong but for the 21CBD tour, pre sale wasn't the day before was it? I'm sure the presale was from 8am-10am or something similar and then general release was then at 10am all on the same day? 

5 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

They won't be on sale immediately after being announced, will they? Not even for Idiot Nation? I'm so nervous and scared I won't get a ticket, because I don't know my class schedule yet and I don't have money for it *right now*...

metallica announced some shows today .. their pre sale starts in 2-3 days, and the official sale in like 4-5 days .. i guess it will turn out like this aswell for the GD shows

i also remember the 21CB arena show in  cologne, 2009 .. i tried to get standing tickets from the biggest ticket-seller company in germany, but it was sold out 20 minutes after the official start

2 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

metallica announced some shows today .. their pre sale starts in 2-3 days, and the official sale in like 4-5 days .. i guess it will turn out like this aswell for the GD shows

oh boy i'm not READY

• Lone locked this topic

Archived