Green Day started rehearsing for upcoming tour

Sanity Loan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Marki. said:

Tuesday morning sounds very possible to me, now it seems like there's a theme going on with things being revealed at 7am on radio stations :P
I still hope we get some more info today though.

Would that theme be revolution radio😏

1 hour ago, EastCaitlinNowhere said:

I would love a Welsh date! last time they played here was literally so long ago that i think it was 2005 or something, but alas we dont have a big arena or an 'in-between' sized arena/stadium venue, so tbh i might as well just accept ill have to travel.

the prospect of then touring and actually sering them this time makes me so happy, even tho ill probably have to travel to birmingham/london

You have the Motorpoint arena in Cardiff, could be a tad small but you never know. Love that venue :)

http://www.virginradio.fr/green-day-annonce-un-concert-a-l-accorhotel-arena-a554785.html 

The concert in Paris seems to now be 100% legit, since even big radio stations are now giving away the info. It seems a little bit strange that the article states that Green Day already announced the upcoming tour dates though. We are probably really close to an announcement, I bet we will get it today

Is it possible that European dates could be announced at the same time when they're announcing NA dates? I mean  for sure they announce NA dates at AM/noon EST/PDT time.

6 minutes ago, Joe K said:

Why do so many people think the announcement is tomorrow instead of today?

Probs Cuz it's Labor Day. Plus someone posted on reddit that they would be tomorrow and it's under a mysterious username so obviously it's reliable (sarcasm). Anyways, if it were between today and tomorrow, tomorrow does seem more likely.

7 minutes ago, Joe K said:

Why do so many people think the announcement is tomorrow instead of today?

Because today is an American bank holiday, and some radio stations said there would be a major concert announcement tomorrow at 7am. I think an announcement today is still very plausible, and we don't even know if the announcement is Green Day related

Just now, Joe K said:

Oh okay, but why would an bank Holiday matter?

It could matter but it doesn't have to, so we'll see. If they don't announce anything today it will probably because of the bank holiday. But i think chances are 75% that we'll get dates today!

2 minutes ago, Joe K said:

Most people have the day off I would assume. 

3 minutes ago, Mary Daze said:

It could matter but it doesn't have to, so we'll see. If they don't announce anything today it will probably because of the bank holiday. But i think chances are 75% that we'll get dates today!

I seriously hope we get them today. I was so anxious yesterday already that we would get them today and now I'm just pissed off, I know it's my own fault but seriously I'm going fucking crazy.

I'm really hoping that UK shows will be before the Paris show. I'm from France but I'll be studying in England next year, and I'll have a break a week before the Paris show. I'm still considering Paris, but that would mean that I would have to miss a day or two of class. 

3 minutes ago, Billie Hoe is my hero said:

Most people have the day off I would assume. 

Okay, I guess that could mean something.

7 minutes ago, Joe K said:

Because most people are not listening to the radio, they are out doing things with family and friends.  It is a huge beach or hiking day.  People are outside.

That makes sense.

2 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

Because most people are not listening to the radio, they are out doing things with family and friends.  It is a huge beach or hiking day.  People are outside.

4 minutes ago, Mary711 said:

But they could still give us the European dates as we don't have any holiday right now. :P

I doubt they would give dates for Europe and not the US at teh same time.  Plus, we don't have that many holidays in the US where almost everyone is off (everyone except retail).  All the record companies, press agents, etc are all off today.  There is no one in the office to give out the dates.  Plus, will one more day matter?    

11 hours ago, Mar said:

PromoWest's website says they've produced events at Schottenstein, Nationwide and the Shoe, so maybe this would be a similar situation?

Whyyyyy did you have to tell me this? Now I'm getting my hopes up even more! :lol: 

5 hours ago, Sarah.Scumbag said:

Oh god, there isn't anything more stressful than trying to buy tickets on your phone! What a relief that you are off! 

Well, if the Friday thing is true, it'll be a relief... we'll see. Technically I got my House of Blues ticket with my Ticketmaster app, so my track record isn't terrible. :P  

17 minutes ago, Joe K said:

Because (most) people aren't working today, they're out spending time with their families. It would be silly to announce anything to do with the U.S. today because it would be more difficult to find people to do the promotional work and they would probably reach a smaller audience initially since people aren't sitting around listening to the radio or getting online. And I find it hard to believe the tour dates announcement won't involve the U.S. since, y'know, they're from here...

I really really hope for at least one gig to be announced in eastern Germany  :lol:

cause I could combine it with visiting my relatives  :ga:

Announcement is coming tomorrow.

Hurricane Festival just posted a gif where they mark September 6th with a green marker on a calendar.

Just now, DecanoLP said:

Hurricane Festival just posted a gif where they mark September 6th with a green marker on a calendar.

:runaround:#hypehypehypityhype 

7 minutes ago, DecanoLP said:

Well... Did I called it?:D

if they're heading to it I totally gonna be here

• Lone locked this topic

Archived