Worst Live Green Day Song

1 hour ago, Steven Seagull said:

JOS is too long. They could play 3 better songs instead.

is it weird that i disagree 

JoS probably made my teens what they were, but I've seen and heard it live a million times. Blast those pesky first-timers at shows that makes the setlists largely consists of a list of hits. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

american idiot-- don't like people singing and it just bores me.But not the whole album, letterbomb rocks and love acoustic version of Whatsername.

i like King For A Day in BIAB but i think real problem is the length..  it just takes a lot time ,they do KFAD then shout then some random song ,then Billie sits down and watches people trying to say hey oh or some shit, i'm like "fuck it,get to the next song." but only KFAD is just fun and good escape from serious,political charged songs.

King for a day. When I saw them live, they played this song WAYYYY too long. It must have been 15-20 minutes long! It really bored the crowed after a while. I still love the song, I just wish they would play it like they do on Nimrod. Minority can get a little annoying as well. 

1 minute ago, guitarplayer015 said:

Minority can get a little annoying as well. 

I don't get you guys. Minority is the BEST live song, along with Holiday.

6 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I don't get you guys. Minority is the BEST live song, along with Holiday.

Agreed. Minority is everything and I would hate to see it ever come off the set-list.

Would anyone here kill me if I said Basket Case? Idk why, but I've never been a fan of that song, live or on the record. I like the lyrics, but the musical part really just doesn't do anything for me. I've always thought that, in terms of Dookie, Having A Blast is a much better track. And, of course, Welcome to Paradise as well.

1 minute ago, PurpleIron1039 said:

Would anyone here kill me

watch your fucking back, woman

Just now, Billie Hoe said:

watch your fucking back woman

Yeah, I really should have posted this under "Unpopular Green Day Opinions".

4 minutes ago, PurpleIron1039 said:

Would anyone here kill me if I said Basket Case? Idk why, but I've never been a fan of that song, live or on the record. I like the lyrics, but the musical part really just doesn't do anything for me. I've always thought that, in terms of Dookie, Having A Blast is a much better track.

I'd love to have Basket Case swapped out for Having A Blast. That would be awesome!

13 minutes ago, PurpleIron1039 said:

Yeah, I really should have posted this under "Unpopular Green Day Opinions".

Never worry about having an opinion different than others. More respectable than just going along with the others.

7 minutes ago, Eric said:

Never worry about having an opinion different than others. More respectable than just going along with the others.

That is so inspirational, it could have come right out of Billie's mouth :lol:

5 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

That is so inspirational, it could have come right out of Billie's mouth :lol:

No it wouldn't cause it's missing about 10 yknow and 20 heyyyy ooohhhh in it 

Just now, WhiteTim said:

No it wouldn't cause it's missing about 10 yknow and 20 heyyyy ooohhhh in it 

Nah, let's not exaggerate. Maybe one or two y'knows and one Heyyyy Ooohhh at the end if it's part of one of his Letterbomb speeches.

"Never worry about having an opinion different than others. More respectable than just going along with the others, y'know? HEEEY OOH."

How about that? 

I actually don't like BOBD live that much. It's either really perfect, or uncomfortable. If I ever get to see them, I wouldn't want to hear songs that are hit-or-miss like that (other examples are like Trilogy songs and singles that they've played for the last 2 decades).

4 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Nah, let's not exaggerate. Maybe one or two y'knows and one Heyyyy Ooohhh at the end if it's part of one of his Letterbomb speeches.

"Never worry about having an opinion different than others. More respectable than just going along with the others, y'know? HEEEY OOH."

How about that? 

Sounds perfect!

1 minute ago, Maid Meringue said:

I actually don't like BOBD live that much. It's either really perfect, or uncomfortable. If I ever get to see them, I wouldn't want to hear songs that are hit-or-miss like that (other examples are like Trilogy songs and singles that they've played for the last 2 decades).

Tbh I think if you ever finally see them live and it's your first time, you'll be singing along to those songs just like everybody else and probably cry while doing it. :D

26 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Tbh I think if you ever finally see them live and it's your first time, you'll be singing along to those songs just like everybody else and probably cry while doing it. :D

i knoooww lol but I think growing up watching so many live performances on youtube has given me high expectations. Like obviously they'll never be as good as their 2009/2010 tour in my eyes, and I don't want to set myself up for disappointment (that's just my own issue - I've seen their stuff from the last 5 years and it's okay).

2 minutes ago, Maid Meringue said:

i knoooww lol but I think growing up watching so many live performances on youtube has given me high expectations. Like obviously they'll never be as good as their 2009/2010 tour in my eyes, and I don't want to set myself up for disappointment (that's just my own issue - I've seen their stuff from the last 5 years and it's okay).

yeah maybe it's nothing special anymore but still pretty fucking awesome! :)

Any song I don't immediately recognize and might possibly not know all the words to.

2 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

Any song I don't immediately recognize and might possibly not know all the words to.

Phhhhh..... Fake fan

4 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

Is that sarcastic for "there isn't one"?

8 hours ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

King For A Day. The first time, it's zany and fun, all subsequent times it's a drag.

I love you.

#nokfadonthesetlist

Sorry about the quote. Mobile and GDC don't mix.

So, first, Jake, I've been a fan longer than you've been alive I bet

And second no not sarcasm. Sometimes I really can't figure out some of the really old sings.

:)

1 minute ago, lizziebix said:

. Sometimes I really can't figure out some if the really old sings.

:)

Just sing Mar - BJ doesn't remember the words either.;)

Archived