Worst Live Green Day Song

3 minutes ago, petros said:

Know your enemy, holiday and every trilogy song (except maybe from stray heart) sound boring live.

King for a day is awesome live they should never stop playing it and the same goes for minority and jesus of suburbia.

Stay the night is pretty epic live. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jake69 said:

Stay the night is pretty epic live. 

I don't know I didn't like it on every video I've watched. The guitar sounded so weak to me and not epic at all. =/

Also Kill the DJ while I enjoy the studio version live isn't that good either.

5 minutes ago, petros said:

I don't know I didn't like it on every video I've watched. The guitar sounded so weak to me and not epic at all. =/

Also Kill the DJ while I enjoy the studio version live isn't that good either.

I thought this was a pretty awesome performance. A lot of energy. I just really enjoyed watching this.

Just now, Jake69 said:

I thought this was a pretty awesome performance. A lot of energy. I just really enjoyed watching this.

It was cool until the 1,2,3,Go! then it turned into every generic green day song :P 
But damn billie joe looked good! :lol: 

Not seen them live myself but from watching performances like BIAB and others people have captured on YouTube, I have to agree with the KFAD argument. I don't get why they don't just play Scattered, The Grouch and others which have been seldom played since 1998 instead.

4 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

I was there! :) I don't even like Stay the Night but it's true that live the energy and excitement is so crazy that you don't even care about the song, it's awesome either way.

If I had to choose one, I'd say Shout. King for a Day is awesome, but after that he just lays down for a long time :D i think it may be necessary for him to take a break (and that's a whole lot better than disappearing off the stage altogether like some artists do) but when I watched the moment on YouTube, it was really boring and I wanted to skip it. Though, when I was in the crowd, it was a welcome break because I was absolutely hysterical and needed to just fucking cool it down for a minute :D I can imagine it would be different if I saw them another time. 

And while watching Bullet in a Bible with my family (we had guests over and my mom wanted to show everyone who I was going to see) I really really really wanted to skip Hitchin' a Ride :D Not because it's bad. It's just... you don't watch Bullet in a Bible surrounded by your family.

The worst live is the only song that doesn't involve the whole of Green Day - Good Riddance.

Great song though.

4 minutes ago, drummerman said:

The worst live is the only song that doesn't involve the whole of Green Day - Good Riddance.

Great song though.

What are you trying to say? lol

15 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

What are you trying to say? lol

Maybe that Billie plays the song on his own rather than with Mike and Tré, and that's why he doesn't like it live?  

24 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

And while watching Bullet in a Bible with my family (we had guests over and my mom wanted to show everyone who I was going to see) I really really really wanted to skip Hitchin' a Ride :D Not because it's bad. It's just... you don't watch Bullet in a Bible surrounded by your family.

Lol. Somebody fuck me! 

I like seeing Know Your Enemy live because it means you can shout "RAW HAM" in public :D 

3 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

I'd argue the opposite. Some of the songs Green Day plays straight through are played so tight and so emotionally, having a gimmick takes away from that. 

I think they play most songs tight and emotionally whether there's extra stuff or not. Still great either way and the best performance of the night could still happen to be a song they played straight through, but I generally prefer when there's extra stuff which can make it more entertaining or intimate (if it involves crowd interaction or something that the band and crowd are in on together) and allow them to show their sense of showmanship and/or humour. Doesn't always have to be a crazy over the top gimmick, I just enjoy little extra things that add to the performance on top of just seeing the song being played.

41 minutes ago, SomeNimrod97 said:

Not seen them live myself but from watching performances like BIAB and others people have captured on YouTube, I have to agree with the KFAD argument. I don't get why they don't just play Scattered, The Grouch and others which have been seldom played since 1998 instead.

Because it's way more fun to spend 10 minutes dressing up, leading the crowd in a happy singalong about cross dressing, dancing around, lying on the floor singing some favourite covers, giving each band member a chance to sing and generally being silly than to spend it just playing three random songs straight through probably :P 

Stray Heart is awful live Billie sounds worse than Tom does during the song 

Just now, WhiteTim said:

Stray Heart is awful live Billie sounds worse than Tom does during the song 

Not possible 

Just now, Jake69 said:

Not possible 

I saw them during SXSW and they did that Billie was horrible if I had my gun on me at that moment I might have used it on me to not hear it anymore...

Ok maybes that's a lil extreme but it was bad singing like he was straining to stay on cue and pitch was all over the place 

Just now, WhiteTim said:

I saw them during SXSW and they did that Billie was horrible if I had my gun on me at that moment I might have used it on me to not hear it anymore...

Ok maybes that's a lil extreme but it was bad singing like he was straining to stay on cue and pitch was all over the place 

To be fair, it's a pretty hard song to sing.

1 minute ago, Jake69 said:

To be fair, it's a pretty hard song to sing.

True but they should maybe skip that song cause man opened my eyes like Billie went off stage and had a look a like come up to sing it right lol

4 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

we can agree that some of the trilogy would sound terrible live then. I hope next tour: less trilogy, more rare live songs. 

Just now, Demon!Dean said:

I hope next tour: less trilogy, more rare live songs. 

You know what? I would really like to hear Take Back live once.

Just now, Billie Hoe said:

exactly. 

Just now, Billie Hoe said:

Yeah, just for the hell of it. But it has been played live before. (And it was nothing special judging from the video) i'd trade it for Kill the DJ any day. 

Just now, Jane Lannister said:

Yeah, just for the hell of it. But it has been played live before. (And it was nothing special judging from the video) i'd trade it for Kill the DJ any day. 

Yep. I mean I don't like Kill the DJ anyway and Take Back is so awesome and refreshing. Tbh I didn't even know that they played Kill the DJ live. I don't even remember if they played it at the concert I was at but I don't think they did (thankfully).

Kill the DJ looked like a great song live smh.

I  agree with Drummerman, Good Riddance. But the song is still good just not what I want to hear at a future Green Day show.

Archived