Jason Freese says huge tour starting in September in radio interview

jon18

8 minutes ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

DEAL!!!! You Europeans can have the misery of huddling together in the cold and snow waiting for frostbite to set in ;)

Nah, we know how to keep ourselves warm :P

Maybe they actually do release the album before summer, spend the summer rehearsing and promoting, do some late-night shows and (radio, TV, magazine) interviews. And then they could still go on tour in September as Jason said. Just a rough guess. They might take their time not just while making the album but also while promoting. First do promotion things and then go on tour, not both at the same time. I can imagine that this would be less stressful.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the most realistic release date for the new album would be around September/October. That way they can take all the time they need to finish the new album and prepare for promotions and the world tour. I can imagine they would rather not hurry things up this time around.

3 minutes ago, Sixtrix said:

I think the most realistic release date for the new album would be around September/October. That way they can take all the time they need to finish the new album and prepare for promotions and the world tour. I can imagine they would rather not hurry things up this time around.

Billie is hibernating in September, so that won't happen.

34 minutes ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

To each his own, though.

And HER

2 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

Then I'm afraid he will have to do some multitasking

35 minutes ago, Mary Daze said:

Let's make a deal: you can have a summer tour leg and Europe gets a winterish tour leg because I've seen them 6 times now and all of them were outdoors, including 3 festivals.

This. To avoid festivals. :D

3 minutes ago, inthehallwaynow said:

And HER

Their is universally inclusive :P

We should start a sweepstake on this album/tour date lark.  Have some fun with it.

1 minute ago, Amanda said:

We should start a sweepstake on this album/tour date lark.  Have some fun with it.

I like this idea, especially since seagull already lost

And instead of being excited about this, I'm already panicking about if/when I find a job by then, whether I'll be able to work around it. Aren't fandoms supposed to be fun? :lol: 

And fuck festivals :) 

4 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

I like this idea, especially since seagull already lost

queen-giving-the-finger-smiley-emoticon.

12 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

228888d6c589f6e6421edec8507cb4e7e4e3c16f

7 minutes ago, Mar said:

And instead of being excited about this, I'm already panicking about if/when I find a job by then, whether I'll be able to work around it. Aren't fandoms supposed to be fun? :lol: 

And fuck festivals :) 

I'm excited but I'm also not because it's quite likely I won't make any shows at all this time around due to my impending joblessness/school situation. A new album will be grand either way though!

Plus I may be hitting my parents up for a loan to pay for taking Microbiology this summer or next summer and it would look bad for me to ask after having spent $$ on Green Day tickets lmao. It's probably a poor way to spend money anyway since I've already seen them live a ridiculous number of times.

20 minutes ago, Amanda said:

Their is universally inclusive :P

Way to ruin something barely funny! ;)

I'll definitely take a winter tour because no festivals.

I started saving and working extra hours in January but I'm pretty sure I'll miss a lot of this tour because of uni. I don't really mind if they take quite a lot longer so I can graduate first :P 

Just a guess:

(Please don't beat me up :lol: )

Someone (or actually 2 people on here) said they had the information that Green Day will tour Australia early next year/January 2017.

If they started a world tour in September like Jason said, they will probably start in North America, roughly 2 months there (September, October). After that they might go to Europe which would also take about 2 months (breaks included, so: November, December). Then a christmas break and a tour in Australia in January.

This guess is less focused on current events or when they might bring out the album but more on how well that would fit. I mean, look at the beginning of the 21CB tour, it's basically the same in terms of 2 montsh North America, 2 months Europe and then Australia.

Of course they can do it totally differently, I just love guessing and speculating. Because it's fun. :P

All things happening in the Green Day world right now are perfectly timed for me. From August 1 on I take a year off to decide where exactly I want to work and I'll probably move somewhere else, too. So this year off (I'm working part-time though) is just perfect for a nice Green Day tour. :lol:

On one hand I don't do festivals so I hope they come in winter, on the other hand they generally do a warm-up show in a small venue before a festival and small venues are always better.

Gosh! we can make a great movie on this stuff! and it'd be hilarious as hell!! :D, maybe we can win a "Troll-O"-scar

27 minutes ago, Libertine Angel said:

On one hand I don't do festivals so I hope they come in winter, on the other hand they generally do a warm-up show in a small venue before a festival and small venues are always better.

They did that before Reading 2013 and before Soundwave 2014 because they hadn't been playing for a few months. I can't think of any other examples. They played tons of other festivals during that same tour with no warm-up (if the tour is made of festival dates there's no sense in warming-up for them). 

Just now, sara_gd said:

They did that before Reading 2013 and before Soundwave 2014 because they hadn't been playing for a few months. I can't think of any other examples. They played tons of other festivals during that same tour with no warm-up (if the tour is made of festival dates there's no sense in warming-up for them). 

Fair point, I just wanted a way for them both to work out and to experience Brixton again :P

10 hours ago, Akshat Jain said:

That's Freezingly Cool!!

im using this quote in my profile. 

BTW i love the pun :lol: 

It's crazy to worry about that now but I'm already imagining the scenarios of how I'm explaining to my parents that I simply MUST travel abroad on my own to see Green Day if they don't come here - and they didn't on the first leg of 21CB tour and not at all on the Trilogy tour so it might happen and I am not risking that I miss them again. 

They'll probably just play 5 shows in Germany and U.K. again because fuck rest of Europe. :P

Archived