Jason Freese says huge tour starting in September in radio interview

jon18

Guess Jason didn't get the memo about waiting for the official album/ tour announcement. Oops. Maybe I'll send my resume to Green Day, they might need a pianist.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

especially with how closely guarded everything has been of late.

we knew that the new album will release somewhere around April/May. As some people here claimed, cause their relatives were in touch with some higher authorities. If that is the case, they really wanted to happen things this way! And as of Jason, he won't get fired. i mean, C'mon Green Day is a Big name now, they don't have to worry about record labels and other stuff, Like Rob mentioned in Heart like a hand Grenade, that "everyone wants to sign them now" and that too, after Warning was poorly recieved. and if everything was that closely guarded, we won't be having those IG pictures. And probably, Billie and Mike knew about that interview thing, otherwise we would have another IG picture by now, cause they post something every week about them being in the studio.  

33 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

How did they announce it at the Grammy's? I forgot.

The announcer said they were working on 21CB when they came up on stage and I believe it was the first official saying about it. I remember that shortly afterwards they put out an official statement on greenday.com about the record. What I recall is that it was at the Grammys we found out the name of the record and then on the website's statement its release date. I could be wrong though.

This is such great news! Can't wait for the speculations and awesome tour threads!

Honestly I'm more disappointed with this news than excited. I was expecting an April/May album and we'll probably be getting a September one. 

1 hour ago, Matt. said:

Goodness everyone... Jason will not be "fired."

That's Freezingly Cool!!

Omg. I need to start working overtime like crazy to save up hours. 

Oh well I was right to be cautious then :P. Not surprising, even if the current plan is for the tour to start around then it might not be set in stone yet (and they'll just want the announcement to be official/when they choose it anyway) so they're not going to want that info out there as if it's fact. Still a good sign!

2 hours ago, Matt. said:

Goodness everyone... Jason will not be "fired."

Lmao

9 hours ago, GenXIdiot said:

I know, right? Somethings up. My teenage son said this is all planned...the leak, the spread of it on social media, and the reaction from management. I don't know much myself but this kid lives on social media so maybe he's onto something!

I share his opinion. That's why I'm putting so much energy into pretending that I'm not buying it. 

I'm betting on a september/october release. With a nice summer single to get people excited. 

If it's released in October, I hope it's released on the first Friday of the month because that would be my birthday.

I still think it's possible for a summer release I really don't see why not! September or whatever would be cool though I'm patient. 

To all you lovely people posting here and especially Jason Freese:

You da real MVP!

Am I wrong for wanting a summer tour? Like, I would rather they release the album later in the year and tour Australia and Europe and then come back to the US and do a summer thing.

i hate waiting in the cold at shows :lol: 

Maybe that information was "not accurate" because they'll be rehearsing all spring for a summer tour. Wishful thinking, I know. We can dream though, right? 

1 hour ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

Am I wrong for wanting a summer tour? Like, I would rather they release the album later in the year and tour Australia and Europe and then come back to the US and do a summer thing.

i hate waiting in the cold at shows :lol: 

We're fine here since we have many enclosed football stadium and decent arenas and concert venues like the O2 and, in my town, the Colston Hall.

1 minute ago, SomeNimrod97 said:

We're fine here since we have many enclosed football stadium and decent arenas and concert venues like the O2 and, in my town, the Colston Hall.

There are plenty of enclosed stadiums in the U.S. for them to play, I just like outdoor venues a lot more. Queuing is also a lot more fun when you're not freezing your ass off outside :P

10 hours ago, Akshat Jain said:

and if everything was that closely guarded, we won't be having those IG pictures. And probably, Billie and Mike knew about that interview thing, otherwise we would have another IG picture by now, cause they post something every week about them being in the studio.  

By "closely guarded" I just meant that we weren't getting nearly the amount of access to the studio as we did with the trilogy. Aside from a few photos they've been hush-hush about everything.

I really don't believe this whole, "Jason goes on a radio show, breaks news, story posted, story pulled" is some sort of ploy by the band either. To each his own, though.

So I heard rumors that Jeff talked to Jason about my tweet to him (March 1st) so they decided to troll the community by announcing a new album on that day.

Just now, Steven Seagull said:

So I heard rumors that Jeff talked to Jason about my tweet to him (March 1st) so they decided to troll the community by announcing a new album on that day.

Seems legit :P

4 minutes ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

There are plenty of enclosed stadiums in the U.S. for them to play, I just like outdoor venues a lot more. Queuing is also a lot more fun when you're not freezing your ass off outside :P

Let's make a deal: you can have a summer tour leg and Europe gets a winterish tour leg because I've seen them 6 times now and all of them were outdoors, including 3 festivals. Their last arena shows in Germany were in 2009. I'd love to see them indoors one day. Also: in Vienna it was super hot and we were waiting next to a street which they were paving/taring. It was horrible: the smell of tar, the heat and the sand that constantly hit our face due to wind.

Just now, Mary Daze said:

Let's make a deal: you can have a summer tour leg and Europe gets a winterish tour leg because I've seen them 6 times now and all of them were outdoors, including 3 festivals. Their last arena shows in Germany were in 2009. I'd love to see them indoors one day. Also: in Vienna it was super hot and we were waiting next to a street which they were paving/taring. It was horrible: the smell of tar, the heat and the sand that constantly hit our face due to wind.

DEAL!!!! You Europeans can have the misery of huddling together in the cold and snow waiting for frostbite to set in ;)

Archived