Jason Freese says huge tour starting in September in radio interview

jon18

I'm already checking Eventim from time to time hoping there might be some small hint regarding upcoming shows.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really excited. If possible, I'll do all Germany shows. Austria too. I hope they come back to Munich, I know it's an expensive city for bands to play at but their last show here was in 2010.

On 3/3/2016 at 0:04 AM, Kyle Serlington said:

i already tried to merge one with the food thread.

I just saw this, but there is a Cocktail Club.  

I've already asked this but didn't get a reply: why would they release a single for RSD? I would think that they would want the single to reach the maximum number of people possible. Releases for RSD are exclusive and limited. 

13 minutes ago, sara_gd said:

I've already asked this but didn't get a reply: why would they release a single for RSD? I would think that they would want the single to reach the maximum number of people possible. Releases for RSD are exclusive and limited. 

Yeah, I really doubt they would do that. I think people just want to see a single sooner than later, so they say, "Hmm, record store day is a possibility"! But deep inside, we all know it's not going to happen. ;)

Maybe they are coordinating the promo for the album with Billie's movie release?  I think a release date will be announced next week for that, based on the Geezer instagram...they might let that happen first, to get public attention back onto Billie Joe, and then while the snowball is rolling, announce the record/ tour and drop the single...

1 hour ago, sara_gd said:

My thoughts exactly. If anything I would expect them to release a demo recording of a previously released song or a possible b-side song that won't be on the new album. Just something small, but certainly nothing big.

1 hour ago, Ritz said:

Is it too much to hope for an India date? :P

No! I hope for that to happen as well! :)

1 hour ago, Ritz said:

I guess it depends on the size of sales of the new album in India, have GD ever played there?

10 minutes ago, RustyJoe said:

I guess it depends on the size of sales of the new album in India, have GD ever played there?

They've never played there. I'm not sure if it depends on the sales of the new album. They have to do contracts, booking and so on waaaayyy in advance. Especially with countries like Russia and India I think.

24 minutes ago, RustyJoe said:

No, they have never been to India. In Asia, Green Day have mostly played in Japan only, as far as I know. There are some huge event companies which will surely be interested in bringing Green Day to our country. And Mike wants to play here as well, what's better than that? :P

51 minutes ago, Ritz said:

No, they have never been to India. In Asia, Green Day have mostly played in Japan only, as far as I know. There are some huge event companies which will surely be interested in bringing Green Day to our country. And Mike wants to play here as well, what's better than that? :P

Maybe then, it seems like more and more bands are playing India so who knows?

9 hours ago, RustyJoe said:

In case of India what only depends is fan base :lol: I hope they will come here this time.

27 minutes ago, Siddharth_471 said:

In case of India what only depends is fan base :lol: I hope they will come here this time.

hopes are high, but unless people get out of that Shitty Yo-Yo! Rap thing, it won't be possible. Im sorry if you like his songs. its just an opinion 

Take this with a massive grain of salt, but the DJ in my local rock station (Washington DC area) last night played Basket Case and then when it was over, said something like "Good news for Green Day fans, expect a new single for me to play for you guys by July and a new album by September!" Now I have no idea where the hell he could have gotten this information and I doubt some random DJ would have some kind of inside knowledge but how specific he was was interesting

39 minutes ago, tdlyon said:

Take this with a massive grain of salt, but the DJ in my local rock station (Washington DC area) last night played Basket Case and then when it was over, said something like "Good news for Green Day fans, expect a new single for me to play for you guys by July and a new album by September!" Now I have no idea where the hell he could have gotten this information and I doubt some random DJ would have some kind of inside knowledge but how specific he was was interesting

Sounds like he's been reading the speculations on GDC.

1 hour ago, tdlyon said:

Is there any way we could listen back to it? Like a catch up service or something, so we can all analyse the fick out of his pronunciation of every word?

15 hours ago, Ritz said:

I reckon they should visit every country where they have sales at least twice on each tour, like Greece and India, which have never had a visit.

3 hours ago, tdlyon said:

Usually radio stations get this kind of information but they're not allowed to say anything before the bands make it public themselves. Maybe this DJ doesn't give a shit about being fired because actually, he might risk his job with these words. 

A single in July sounds good though, I hope it's a bit earlier but hey I'm not complaining :D

2 hours ago, Ross_19 said:

Is there any way we could listen back to it? Like a catch up service or something, so we can all analyse the fick out of his pronunciation of every word?

This post is GDC in a nutshell. 

4 hours ago, tdlyon said:

I don't have any thoughts on what the heck that DJ was doing but this reminded me that there's been an upswing in green day songs on my local rock station. 

I really don't know how radio stations work, I'm simply going by what seems logical. It seems to me that stations would get advanced notice of new releases, even before they are officially announced.  That way they can change their programming to increase the artists with new releases coming.  Also not sure on this either but I would imagine the record company would push certain artists with the stations.

So not saying the dj is correct, just plausible.  My local radio station has also increased their gd play

Archived