What song do you relate to the most?

Ayrtonralston

Unfortunately for me....the song that closely relates to me and the song I treasure the most in my heart is.....Wake Me Up When September Ends :cry:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

Nothing in the song itself says explicitly it's about a woman as far as I remember. 

He said in a few interviews it's about his ex gf and those sexual feelings he had in his youth. But there you go proving my point.

Armatage Shanks and Stuck With Me That's exactly how I'm feeling lately. Beat down, worthless, hopeless and just depressed. :( sorryfor bringing the thread down.

2 hours ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

Armatage Shanks and Stuck With Me That's exactly how I'm feeling lately. Beat down, worthless, hopeless and just depressed. :( sorryfor bringing the thread down.

It gets better. Trust me.

8 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Nothing in the song itself says explicitly it's about a woman as far as I remember. 

Well he does name the woman in the song. Amanda Jones. So he 100% does say it's about a woman in the song.

8 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

He said in a few interviews it's about his ex gf and those sexual feelings he had in his youth. But there you go proving my point.

First I heard of that. Source?

11 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

How about a no? 

Welcome To Paradise is the song that I relate to most! For my further studies when I first left my hometown I was feeling like the same two verses from the song, I was a bit scared but now I fell more like the third verse, I've come over it because I'm here to achieve my goal.

If we see it's a lot inspiring song, they left their houses for making music and are whining cause they are on their own and alone but at the conclusion they have got rid of their fears and have come out to become one of rock's biggest bands. :) 

Redundant. Perfectly describes how it feels to be in a long-term relationship which is getting worn out. Strong words as "I love you" can't longer fix anything and you don't even try to put efforts to make things better as you think the relationship is granted.

14 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

What interviews?! Billie gave only a handful of interviews before and obviously after the release of the trilogy and explained very little if anything about any of the songs and nobody ever asked him about Fuck Time. If they had done he wouldn't have responded that it was "about his ex gf and those sexual feelings he had in his youth" he would have mumbled about tension and shooting from the crotch. :lol:

9 hours ago, Fuzz said:

First I heard of that. Source?

"Oh Amanda Jones your Holy grace."

"Ever have that girl...that first love...fuck it I'm naming the girl. This song's called Amanda."

Match it up.

7 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

How about a no? 

Okay, well I'm not going to take no for an answer because I just refuse to do that because I'm a winner and winners... we don't listen to words like "no" or "don't" or "stop!" Those words are just not in our vocabulary.

12 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Okay, well I'm not going to take no for an answer because I just refuse to do that because I'm a winner and winners... we don't listen to words like "no" or "don't" or "stop!" Those words are just not in our vocabulary.

Tell that to the judge.

8 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

That's what people who are wrong always say. 

Ok dude. A song written by a man with a wife (and who has never, to our knowledge, dated a man) talking about a character with a woman's name and also the same name of a girl he previously dated in an album Trilogy featuring this same girl in other songs is definitely about a man. Yeah Billie wrote Fuck Time about fucking a dude. Dude, you should go into detective work.

Fuck Time was a Foxboro song written, I believe, for the cast of the American Idiot cast on Broadway. Wasn't that the saying they had right before every show? I think Billie Joe took the title and made a naughty fun song about it. I honestly don't think there's a whole lot of depth to it. 

2 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Ok dude. A song written by a man with a wife (and who has never, to our knowledge, dated a man) talking about a character with a woman's name and also the same name of a girl he previously dated in an album Trilogy featuring this same girl in other songs is definitely about a man. Yeah Billie wrote Fuck Time about fucking a dude. Dude, you should go into detective work.

57058670.jpg

Either walking contradiction, or favorite son. little bit of both 

12 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I would have gone with:

Hey Dude, don't make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better

While we're at it, the song I'm relating to most right now just happens to be the first GD song I ever heard - I Was There.

Before the Lobotomy. The title itself is how I feel most of the time (although "After the Lobotomy" would work just as well). Also, that "I'm not stoned, I'm just fucked up, I got so high I can't stand up" and that "remember to learn to forget" never fail to hit close to home.

47 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Unless Amanda, his infamous, influential muse ex is in fact a man. A-man-da the hint is in the name :ga: Ooooh 

2 minutes ago, st_trillie said:

Unless Amanda, his infamous, influential muse ex is in fact a man. A-man-da the hint is in the name :ga: Ooooh 

A different woman, that's for certain.

Archived