How do you think the live setlist will change?

Alan86

2 hours ago, Lady Nightlife said:

Good Riddance has great nostalgia value, no doubt about it. But Brutal Love is a massive kick right in the feels, especially when you realize it's a song about the relationship between the band and their fans. 

I've not heard that about the song before, where did you hear that?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jumpsalty said:

It's the first song on Tré

EDIT: Sorry, I misread your post the first time. Thought you were asking where we heard the song rather than about the interpretation.

44 minutes ago, jumpsalty said:

It's a pretty obvious interpretation of the lyrics, I think. 

8 hours ago, Steven Seagull said:

Brutal Love vs Good Riddance now that's a hard decision.

Why not both? They did both to finish at Brixton, it was the best.

I'd really love it if they kept Brutal Love and SWTRLF on the setlist, unfortunately 99 Revolutions seems the most likely to stay though, once they fit the new songs in there won't be room for much. If they didn't insist on playing like 8 songs each from Dookie and American Idiot at every show there'd be more room for newer songs :P 

Or they could just have a 10 hour concert where they play each and every song they wrote.

Missing You needs to be a staple of the show just like Waiting needs to stay. God, Waiting at House of Blues. It was so fitting for that whole weekend. Stray Heart needs to find a way onto the set too.

I think that won't be such that change. Green Day sets are pretty lame, keeping the same order of some songs for more than 10 years. Is terrible. Have no faith on it, besides the inclusion of some singles or songs they think fans like.

45 minutes ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

Missing You needs to be a staple of the show just like Waiting needs to stay. God, Waiting at House of Blues. It was so fitting for that whole weekend. Stray Heart needs to find a way onto the set too.

This! Especially Missing You and Stray Heart. I have a feeling they won't be played that often though :(

42 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

I fucking love Brutal Love. Come on!

You could almost say that, your love for that song is brutal!

No one?

Fine...

I think that you are going to see alot of the hits.  They are hits for a reason and people want to go to a concert hearing they songs they know and love.  But I think they will mix things up a bit.  I think King for A Day is retired and I it can be replaced with something like Dirty Rotten Bastards.  I adore Brutal Love as a closer.  Of course they will throw in enough of the new album.  Then I would love to see them mix up the "extra" songs, the ones that were not huge hits and are not off the new album.  I personally would love Scattered, Waiting, Fell For You, Nighlife, Church on Sunday, Static Age and Restless Heart Syndrome to make it into the show.  

Honestly, at this point, I could care less.  I just want them to tour.       

I do think it'd be kinda cool for Green Day to close the show with a pump ass song. They've been closing on a slow song for nearly 20 years. 

1 minute ago, Fuzz said:

I do think it'd be kinda cool for Green Day to close the show with a pump ass song. They've been closing on a slow song for nearly 20 years. 

But I think closing with a  pump ass song would leave me wanting more.  It would almost make the concert not completed.  The slow song brings you down after being so pumped for 3 hours.

A little more variety would be nice. I understand the need to play the big hits for casual fans and people attending for the first time but would still like a nice rotation of rarities/ non-singles. Losing King For A Day would be a bonus! I would also like to see the return of the short acoustic encore.

On a realistic note, I imagine the trilogy songs will disappear. It'll essentially be a standard American Idiot era setlist  with the addition of four or five new tracks plus Know Your Enemy.

Irrespective of what they play, I'm just looking forward to seeing them again! 

Just now, JJ1964 said:

But I think closing with a  pump ass song would leave me wanting more.  It would almost make the concert not completed.  The slow song brings you down after being so pumped for 3 hours.

That's why I think it's a good idea to switch it out. To leave a show feeling like "fuck I love that. I want them to come back right away". I think that's a good feeling to leave your fans. 

Don't get me wrong, I've been a fan of closing on a slow song. It's like a nice bookend to the show. But I also wouldn't mind leaving a show feeling like I want more. Green Day's live shows are so full of energy and excitement, I think leaving people with that would feel great.

It was cool back then in the 90s when they played Good Riddance and then closed with Pasalacqua

Green Day's setlist doesn't change that much, ever. Most likely it will be exactly the same as always, with songs from the new record added to it. I wish they'd do like Pearl Jam and change the setlist a lot from concert to concert. They have a very extensive catalog of great songs that never get any play. I doubt they'll do that, but it would be cool!!!

I think they should bring back Warning songs more. Imagine if mid concert after a high energy song, they played an accousic w/harmonica version of Hold On? It would make a great accousic only song or just a song in general to play. It might even be able to replace Minority where they have a bunch of crowd interaction. After they could start playing 86 or another high energy song. I'd like to see changes like this to the setlist.

I think they should have Good Riddance at least somewhere in the setlist to keep the crowd pleased, but even a closer/pre-encore song like Macy's Day Parade would be cool. I'd also LOVE to see Worry Rock on the new setlist. Just so many possibilities. 

(Also start playing B-sides like Do Da Da or Rotting and I'll live happy forever)

keep 99revolutions and stay the night, forget all the rest of the trilogy. and give us old stuff, i really need 2000lya, pasalacqua, waiting...

and also, keep good riddance as closer.

Shocked that people are talking about the Trilogy and no one has mentions Oh Love ! .

I think they will keep milking their hits songs tbh. That's the main reason why many people go to their concerts. 
Looking back at the recent tour (also the one concert I was at), I see a lot of people that doesn't sing along to any of the songs except the hits, most of them just stand there like big question marks. And I think Green Day see this during the gigs, so I don't really think they are going to mix up the setlist from gig to gig, that's not what they do :( 

Just now, ElectricBlue said:

Shocked that people are talking about the Trilogy and no one has mentions Oh Love ! .

I forgot Oh Love existed. They had so many better choices for a single let alone a flagship song.

58 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

some of the earlier trilogy tour shows ended with 8th Ave Serenade or Jesus of Suburbia, the general feeling on here seemed to be the show felt incomplete when they did that

33 minutes ago, Grinch said:

I forgot Oh Love existed. They had so many better choices for a single let alone a flagship song.

Beat me to it. 

I love when shows end with songs that work well as closers and you can scream along at the same time. Minority could do the job or maybe 99Revs even though I'm not too much into it. 

Archived