Green Day in the studio 2016

ozoneplayer

1 hour ago, DannyDirnt said:

France. But I'll be very far away from Paris. Maybe the nearest for me is Barcelona, but still far...

It depends on how hard you want to see them. I'm sure you'll have buses to some city were they'll play. Bands go to more cities in France apart from Paris,  especially in the south from what I've seen. You may even have cheap flights. 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, DannyDirnt said:

If they go for a 21CB-like promotion, I hope they will record another MTV World Stage, or at least have a few award performances so they can get some attention before the albums are released. I have to say, though, that I don't think their appearance at the VMAs playing Let Yourself Go got them too much of it. Nonetheless, they do have a very solid fanbase.

I would think a performance at the VMAs seems reasonable.  Based off of everyones speculation has the album it would seem like the perfect opportunity either right before or after the album is released.  Plus, they should have a new single out by then, or at least I would like to think they should.  I keep having this hope for some reason that they get the Video Vanguard Award.  Then they can perform a new song and a few others for a 15 minute medley of hits to put the world on notice.  If I remember correctly, they are currently tied with Madonna for the most times performed at the VMAs, so this would be a cool opportunity to break that record.  Knowing who this award has been given to as of late they'll probably end up giving it to Katy Perry.  In my eyes it would seem like the right thing to do when Green Day was a focal part of MTV at its peak in the mid 90's and mid '00's.  To me that would be the promo that would have the biggest impact on sales or getting a new generation of fans.  The daytime/late night TV stuff is good too, but with the current social media/media landscape, these performances get forgotten by the next afternoon.  Although it is not to say that I wouldn't appreciate performances on those platforms as well.  

Billie will probably nickname this guitar 'Trump' or something. Ironically of course.

3 minutes ago, Nuclear Family said:

Billie will probably nickname this guitar 'Trump' or something. Ironically of course.

Roth flake warm beer - I think it said?

I hope the guitars are mixed better on this as opposed to the trilogy where they just sounded weak. American idiot and 21st cb had loud and well mixed guitars. 

23 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

Roth flake warm beer - I think it said?

That's the color name not the guitar 

2 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

That's the color name not the guitar 

Oh ok

I guess everyone is hopping on the "everyone DookieLukie says is garbage" train and liking whatever is said contrary to my opinion, but Matt I wasn't trying to insult you or stir the pot. Seems like your response was more of a trashing of my point that the simple conversation I was adding.

And I agree with everything you said, but I just don't think 21CB was THAT popular. The tour was great, but I think it lived on the coattails of AI fame. 21 Guns peaked at #22, which isn't that high. I think it fits in with Nimrod. and Insomniac level popularity, maybe a bit more due to recency bias. I mean, 1 million copies sold still isn't that much, and I wouldn't call that "popular."

3 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I guess everyone is hopping on the "everyone DookieLukie says is garbage" train and liking whatever is said contrary to my opinion, but Matt I wasn't trying to insult you or stir the pot. Seems like your response was more of a trashing of my point that the simple conversation I was adding.

And I agree with everything you said, but I just don't think 21CB was THAT popular. The tour was great, but I think it lived on the coattails of AI fame. 21 Guns peaked at #22, which isn't that high. I think it fits in with Nimrod. and Insomniac level popularity, maybe a bit more due to recency bias. I mean, 1 million copies sold still isn't that much, and I wouldn't call that "popular."

It actually sold 4 million but whose counting...

4 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

It was a million sold in USA wasn't it - how many all up.

11 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

It actually sold 4 million but whose counting...

I'm talking US sales.

5 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I'm talking US sales.

You do know there are more places than just the US right?

Just now, WhiteTim said:

You do know there are more places than just the US right?

Yeah but I don't really know their popularity in other countries, so I'm speaking from my view of the American media. Again, no need to put in sarcastic attacks.

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

Yeah but I don't really know their popularity in other countries, so I'm speaking from my view of the American media. Again, no need to put in sarcastic attacks.

Well then Dookie hasn't sold 20 mil it's only 10 mil AI is only 6 mil the trilogy hasn't sold a damn thing going by your standards Green Day is not a best selling group as they're under 30 million records sold by JUST us sales 

23 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Well then Dookie hasn't sold 20 mil it's only 10 mil AI is only 6 mil the trilogy hasn't sold a damn thing going by your standards Green Day is not a best selling group as they're under 30 million records sold by JUST us sales 

That's not the point, man. I can't judge the popularity of Green Day in other countries bc I DON'T LIVE THERE.

8 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

That's not the point, man. I can't judge the popularity of Green Day in other countries bc I DON'T LIVE THERE.

You go by record sales all over 21st is 4 mil worldwide records sales count from all over 

3 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

You go by record sales all over 21st is 4 mil worldwide records sales count from all over 

21CB could have been very popular in one country and not in another.

You discredited your own statement when you started with "21CB wasn't successful". Selling millions of copies, it was hugely successful, living off the success of AI or not. I could count on my one hand the amount of rock bands that could sell millions of albums in 2009.

What did muse sell - they released something in 2009. Anyways it's hard to back up sales from AI.  I personally prefer 21cb overAI.

dookielukie - GD are perhaps not so popular in oz now but they were fucking huge. 

1 hour ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

What did muse sell - they released something in 2009. Anyways it's hard to back up sales from AI.  I personally prefer 21cb overAI.

dookielukie - GD are perhaps not so popular in oz now but they were fucking huge. 

oz?

To this day I still didn't listen to 21st CB in full. It's just a crap album.

21CB has some good tracks, but also quite a few I tend to ignore. It's great overall, but I think I like AI better.

2 hours ago, Steven Seagull said:

To this day I still didn't listen to 21st CB in full. It's just a crap album.

:really:

• Fuzz locked this topic
  • Fuzz unlocked this topic

Archived