2016 Reading Festival Rumors

Seanz25

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

Any updates on this rumor, OP?

Part of the line up is supposed to come out officially on Friday (4/12) 

As some of you have said, I think it's improbable that they'll come again with no new material, especially after they played Dookie in full in 2013. I mean, I don't think they'd do greatest hits again. I can dream of American Idiot in full on the day NiFi was supposed to be though (August 28th)...  :shy:

boo i hope they dont do a festival run again. they should be playing in auditoriums with dance floors again, anyone remember those days.

4 hours ago, st_trillie said:

And I want some of what your smoking! Green Day headlined in 2013. If you honestly believe the organisers have no better options than to have the same band headline again three years later then you are simply wrong. How often does that happen? In what circumstances? If Green Day play Reading in 2016 I will actually eat every tent in Reading...and all the mud! 

did u forget that Green Day played in 2012 and 2013? two years in a row and they can still play again

Yay a possible show thats 3000 miles away from me, nothing im not used too! 

1 hour ago, greenday21500 said:

did u forget that Green Day played in 2012 and 2013? two years in a row and they can still play again

I'm open to correction, but I don't think any band the size of Green Day has ever played Reading 3 times in 5 years.

8 hours ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

I hope they come there just for you hermione. 

That's so nice! I'm actually too cheap/greedy to pay to see them at a festival though :lol: 

1 hour ago, greenday21500 said:

12 minutes ago, Céadóg said:

I'm open to correction, but I don't think any band the size of Green Day has ever played Reading 3 times in 5 years.

But that show in 2012 was a surprise short morning show, people didn't pay to see Green Day that time. Many people who were there didn't even notice they played. So... I don't think they'll play next year, but I wouldn't count 2012 as a proper Reading show. 

4 hours ago, greenday21500 said:

They played for 30 minutes in one of the indoor tents as a secret show in the midst of their secret show warm ups to the release of the trilogy (like at Shepards Bush)..hardly a headline slot and not likely for them to fly from the US just to play in a tent for 30 minutes again! Their main reason for that mini tour had been promo after all as they did more interviews than gigs. So yeah playing 30 minutes in a morning slot in a tent unannounced and headlining Reading are not exactly equal. 

Looks unlikely to be this year, as RHCP are headlining.

Does anyone know when single day tickets are released? Would like to chilli peppers

Well if this rumour has any truth to it, it'll be announced with the next batch of bands. Theres usually 3 headliners, one for each day. So far we have Red Hot Chilli Peppers, as said above

Reading always does one up and coming band, one greatest hits band, and one huge rap/pop act. RHCP and Green Day are both greatest hits bands now, so Green Day 100% will not play Reading/Leeds this year

6 hours ago, JellyTime said:

What about Glastonbury? Any updates?

I can't find anything on their website, but I think they usually announce the full line-up in spring. I'm seeing in efestvials that they're one of the 19 rumoured acts for "unknown day" so... not very possible really http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2016/lineup.shtml 

Didn't get announced during 1st release of acts. Still possible though IMO. Glasto/Reading have more to announce. Should also be mentioned they've always been wanted by IOW promoter. They need a huge headliner to boost there current line-up and only have one left. Could go there to if the money's right.

BTW Sorry it's taken me ages to respond. I just posted in random news didn't realise a thread had started cos of it. 

i dont see them playing europe in august .. IF they go into the studio in januar, my guess is an album release in summer 2016 .. and i guess they will first tour the US and then come to europe (fall/winter 2016/2017)

2017 they could be booked for many festivals (but i dont hope this, GD should better play their concert shows, not so many festivals)

9 hours ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

i dont see them playing europe in august .. IF they go into the studio in januar, my guess is an album release in summer 2016 .. and i guess they will first tour the US and then come to europe (fall/winter 2016/2017)

2017 they could be booked for many festivals (but i dont hope this, GD should better play their concert shows, not so many festivals)

GD definitely need a stand alone tour.

• 1 month later...
Spoiler

(Can a mod edit out the spoiler please? Can't figure out how on mobile)

Someone asked the Reading Twitter account when the next band announcement would be by asking for the first letter of the day (will it begin with a T etc). The reading account said G

The day starts with G

G Day

Green Day 

:o:o:o 

5 minutes ago, RustyJoe said:
  Reveal hidden contents

(Can a mod edit out the spoiler please? Can't figure out how on mobile)

Someone asked the Reading Twitter account when the next band announcement would be by asking for the first letter of the day (will it begin with a T etc). The reading account said G

The day starts with G

G Day

Green Day 

:o:o:o 

Now you've got me trying to think of more bands that start with G. Only other one I can think of is another one that has Rob Cavallo as a producer, Goo Goo Dolls.

1 minute ago, SomeNimrod97 said:

Now you've got me trying to think of more bands that start with G. Only other one I can think of is another one that has Rob Cavallo as a producer, Goo Goo Dolls.

Or possibley the reunited guns n roses. I think it's more likely green day though, you know, a day beginning with g

2 minutes ago, RustyJoe said:

Or possibley the reunited guns n roses. I think it's more likely green day though, you know, a day beginning with g

Oh yeah. I'm an idiot and I'm a good 100 miles away from Reading, so it would just be too expensive to consider even looking for tickets and then getting train tickets and other stuff like that. They'll probably be doing it as a promo gig and then the album will probably be out in September, followed by a tour from October/November onwards.

15 minutes ago, SomeNimrod97 said:

Oh yeah. I'm an idiot and I'm a good 100 miles away from Reading, so it would just be too expensive to consider even looking for tickets and then getting train tickets and other stuff like that. They'll probably be doing it as a promo gig and then the album will probably be out in September, followed by a tour from October/November onwards.

Me and my cousin already planned to get a day ticket for chilli peppers, but if it is green day we'll go for the weekend

Since Guns N Roses have announced a reunion, where they are doing mostly festivals, don't you think it is most likely them

Archived