Where do you personally think Green Day should go sonically with their next record?

CrimsonArk

Another take-over-the-world record like AI, not a 21st Century Letdown.

Hell no! Keep that shit away

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Providing the lyrics are meaningful and the songs wouldn't fit in on dos, I'm ok with just about anything.

On their next record they should go wherever they're inspired to write honest lyrics and powerful music.

Accapella Screamo chanting mixed with human beatbox and chimes and bells. Causes chimes and bells are the shit!!!!!!!

and lyrically, the should sing about our saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.

I don't really know. their career lost momentum faster than paul walker so I'll settle with some music that isn't too experimental. I want something boring shit, as long as it's new

Agreed

I don't know, I expect a lot of power chords and "fuckyeahimbendingstringssohard" solos.

I could be wrong, but that happened with the last album...

On their next record they should go wherever they're inspired to write honest lyrics and powerful music.

/thread

You must have missed the whole part about AI happening because the band was unhappy with the direction they had gone in with C&V, and once those tapes were "lost", they decided to start from scratch with a sound more true to who they were and wanted to be.

Yeah, that's probably true. I retract my anti-Idiot negativity. That said, I still think that 21CB and the Trilogy are overwrought. I still enjoy them, but they're objectively bad.

This is something that I toss around in my head often. I really just want an album that can fit right in with the Dookie/Insomniac/Nimrod trio. I usually listen to albums in bunches: 

Dookie/Insomniac/Nimrod

American Idiot/21st

Uno/Dos/Tre

1039/Kerplunk!

Warning I usually throw in on its own or after Uno Dos Tre.

I just really want a 4th "fuck the world - lets have fun" style of the 90s. 2-3 minute songs. 10-14 tracks. Maybe one or two different tracks like Good Riddance was to Nimrod? 

I just really want a 4th "fuck the world - lets have fun" style of the 90s. 2-3 minute songs. 10-14 tracks. Maybe one or two different tracks like Good Riddance was to Nimrod? 

So you want the Trilogy, except good?

Come to think about it, I would enjoy that. Even though I would prefer if they developed and made more complex music. I hoped they were heading in that direction after 21CB. 

I think that Green Day should make an Album with Butch Vig again.

Just compare the epic sound of 21st Century Breakdown with the dull sound of the Triology.

I think that Green Day should make an Album with Butch Vig again.

Just compare the epic sound of 21st Century Breakdown with the dull sound of the Triology.

Butch Vig is an outstanding producer, and for whatever reason, his work on 21CB was shit.

Ben should write the next Green Day album

Something something drugs, blah blah masturbation, la dee da teenage angst, dee do dee rebellious soul, fuck Ted Cruz. Who should I see about picking up my Grammy?

Something something drugs, blah blah masturbation, la dee da teenage angst, dee do dee rebellious soul, fuck Ted Cruz. Who should I see about picking up my Grammy?

you forgot Donald Trump. Missed opportunity. 

Today I dreamt that they released a couple of new songs and it sounded like the trilogy.  They were okay, but I was disappointed. It made me realise that I absolutely don't want them to continue doing trilogy style songs. And I don't think it's easy to describe what "trilogy style" is, as there's many songs that have little to do with each other (say let yourself go, kill the dj, troublemaker, nightlife and brutal love), but I guess sonically as this title reads, the fact there's solos in every song following very similar patterns, I suppose also the "we don't give a fuck attitude" that some of you are talking about. But well, I think more specifically I would not like them to do the "average" trilogy song again, that for me is something like Oh love, Angel Blue, Loss of control, 8th Ave Serenade, Amanda... The lyrics are not very well though of, the music is very simple (not that that's a bad thing as many people seem to think here, but it just is), in general they're just "whatever", not very well polished. 

I think I would like them to continue in the direction of AI and 21stCB (they're my two favourite albums, so), or try that "shitty production" punk album that Billie Joe wanted to do, or... I don't know, I hope something new that I can't even think of but that I'll like :P 

i'd like something similar to Nimrod or Insomniac again. needs to be FAR FAR different than that crap trilogy. 

Sonically, something similiar to the trilogy with dirtier guitars and less overdone vocals. Musically, something similiar to American Idiot or 21st Century Breakdown. They really need to focus on making the song structures more interesting and more thought out, and not just the basic verse chorus verse thing which was overdone on the trilogy.

gotta say I am interested to hear the next ballad. 

Have no idea what happened to the quote - was quoting whitetim.  I blame andres. 

i think it will be a very political album, lots of nonsense going on in the world 

just..pls..dont..rush..the..new..album !!

thats all i want from them .. uno/dos/tre was amazing, they gave us a lot of new songs to listen to, their current break is more than deserved!

but i dont want them to rush a new album (the lyrics of the trilogy .. sucked)

Archived