was Green Day ripped off? Or a coincidence?

GreenDayNewcomer

I recently came across this song called The Shore, and it sounds an awful lot like Holiday. The riff seems the same, and it just gives the "Holiday" vibe. Here it is, in case you wanted to hear it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9j4Ib8UGzk

I don't know if "Wiretree" was inspired by Green Day and wrote the song, or they simply stole the melody.

Lol, this happens all the time.

Listen to this and tell me thats not the Walking Contradiction riff. Fucking Kinks, always ripping off greenday

Lol, this happens all the time.

Listen to this and tell me thats not the Walking Contradiction riff. Fucking Kinks, always ripping off greenday

Remember that time that Georges Bizet ripped off Dirty Rotten Bastards so he could write that stupid "Carmen" opera?

Remember that time that Georges Bizet ripped off Dirty Rotten Bastards so he could write that stupid "Carmen" opera?

fucking frenchies

Makes up for all the riffs Green Day stole to make AI

I recently came across this song called The Shore, and it sounds an awful lot like Holiday. The riff seems the same, and it just gives the "Holiday" vibe. Here it is, in case you wanted to hear it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9j4Ib8UGzk

I don't know if "Wiretree" was inspired by Green Day and wrote the song, or they simply stole the melody.

Sounds more like The Passenger than Holiday to me.

The animation reminds me of 60´s style. Yellow submarine. But not as stoned. :)

actually .

they have the song since 1996 and playing it.

And they toured with GD at 96.soo , conclution.

Tell me about it.

The stole the riff from espanionage.

That riff is an old R'n'B riff. Green Day could have ripped it off from literally dozens of artists.

Oh, wow, thanks for the "Cadillac"! Haven´t heard that song for ages, good memories from long ago. :dance:

actually .

they have the song since 1996 and playing it.

And they toured with GD at 96.soo , conclution.

Ok thanks - wasn't aware of that- really like that album. But as I said, pretty common riff - I think The Living End may have borrowed it too.

Not again :fight: It seems every damn time I listen to my record player some prick is ripping off Green Day and even time travelling to try to be smartass about it. Yeah I hear that riff Kinks, Ramones, Bikini Kill etc etc... :thumbsdown:

Archived