Billie Joe is playing an acoustic show June 24, 2015

Connor Finlayson

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The driving laws are by state. The driving ages differ by state and put restrictions on driving for several years. In alot of states you can't drive unrestricted until you are 18. For example, my oldest can't drive past 11 PM. The driving age in CT is 16, but it is 17 in NJ. My daughter could not drive in NJ until she turned 17 even though she had a CT license.

Ok thanks for clarifying that :) i knew there were differences :))

Someone on Facebook just confirmed Nora Jones will be there.

Cool! I hoped for her to show up. Foreverly's great. It will be a bliss to hear some of it live.

Laws are relative. I'm not old enough to drive in my country, but in the US I am. Does that mean I'm not capable of driving a car in one country and not in another? They're laws, not reality...

I know, I know. I think the same. But the person I quoted was saying that someone under 21 could destroy the world if let into the venue (if he wasn't being sarcastic, I can't tell), so I replied because I don't see it like that.

Sounds legit.

I know, I know. I think the same. But the person I quoted was saying that someone under 21 could destroy the world if let into the venue (if he wasn't being sarcastic, I can't tell), so I replied because I don't see it like that.

I was actually being pretty serious. Americans love their lawsuits. If a 22-year-old gets loaded and kills someone on the way home, that's potentially a big lawsuit against the venue for failing to cut them off and/or calling a cab for them or calling the cops if they're visibly impaired. If a 19-year-old gets loaded and kills someone on the way home, that's potentially a huge lawsuit for gross negligence for all the same reasons, plus the added element of the person served alcohol being a minor. The club would almost certainly lose its liquor license, and potentially be shut down entirely as a result.

It's just easier to keep minors out than it is to police them once they're inside.

Dam time zones - so this is like in 5 hrs time? - is that right.

I am hoping for a new song.

I was actually being pretty serious. Americans love their lawsuits. If a 22-year-old gets loaded and kills someone on the way home, that's potentially a big lawsuit against the venue for failing to cut them off and/or calling a cab for them or calling the cops if they're visibly impaired. If a 19-year-old gets loaded and kills someone on the way home, that's potentially a huge lawsuit for gross negligence for all the same reasons, plus the added element of the person served alcohol being a minor. The club would almost certainly lose its liquor license, and potentially be shut down entirely as a result.

It's just easier to keep minors out than it is to police them once they're inside.

Wow. I'd think that someone being drunk and killing someone is only that person's problem and not the bar/s who served him alcohol that night? Maybe I'm crazy... Yeah, the lawsuit about serving alcohol to -21 is logical because that's the age you have there to serve alcohol, I suppose if you add it to the previous story it would make a total drama. So, basically, what you're saying is that they won't let someone who's not 21 (even a month away... :() because they could get into a lot of trouble. Alright :(

Just saw on Twitter that John Kiffmeyer will be there. Sweet Children acoustic set?

If John stops talking long enough for the band to play.

Wow. I'd think that someone being drunk and killing someone is only that person's problem and not the bar/s who served him alcohol that night? Maybe I'm crazy...

You're not crazy. We're just stupid.

He didn't say they would destroy the world, he was just trying to point out that it is easier to monitor who is 21+ if it is a 21+ show. If they let someone under 21 in they could possibly get a wristband and drink. If they get drunk get into an accident the venue will be liable. That is hwo the laws work here.

He didn't say they would destroy the world, he was just trying to point out that it is easier to monitor who is 21+ if it is a 21+ show. If they let someone under 21 in they could possibly get a wristband and drink. If they get drunk get into an accident the venue will be liable. That is hwo the laws work here.

Yep I understood :)

I am completely not functioning at work right now. Norah and John? WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Sweeettt

Why do you need a drummer for an acoustic set?

So you have someone for the fans to throw shit at when they get tired of all the slow songs.

I went to an acoustic set for a band and they had a drummer! he broke his arm though and only was playing with one hand, that's why it was acoustic :P

It's... *gasp* the surprise announcement! :woot: I hope so, she's awesome. It'd be really cool to hear some Foreverly tunes live, and maybe she'll do a duet of Stay the Night acoustic or something.

Often they'll play a box or a drumset with special drumsticks. It's normal at many acoustic sessions.

I truly hope it won't be Norah... I don't like Foreverly and want to hear Green Day demos!

THIS IS KMAN @thisiscdawg 14 minutes ago

Just confirmed: John Kiffmeyer will be a special guest at Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day's acoustic set at the @boweryelectric tonight!

THIS IS KMAN @thisiscdawg 7 minutes ago

.@JSticia @boweryelectric John will be handing out backstage passes out to anyone who gives him an orange. There's still hope for you!

Reference Nirvana Unplugged

Archived