Walking contradiction - Green Day and the way they contradict themselves.

Hero_Of_The_Hour

Here's the original article. He didn't say he's not bisexual, he just said he doesn't classify himself as anything now he's been married for so long.

I'm not sure why someone would want to Google "[partner's name] bisexual", but each to their own? :lol:

Yeah seems like he was just saying there's not much point in calling himself bisexual/anything when he plans to be in a monogamous relationship for life. He also added that he'd "never say that I'm not" and said it's something that should just be accepted rather than questioned so he definitely didn't take it back.

And I'm pretty sure you'd have to google image search it rather than just google it to get a load of photos of him kissing guys, so that's probably what she was looking for :lol:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also thought that it was pretty much implied, in Cometbus, that he was.

Do you mean the romantic moment between him and Aaron (i was jealous when reading haha) or something else (the part about them talking about sex)?

Do you mean the romantic moment between him and Aaron (i was jealous when reading haha) or something else (the part about them talking about sex)?

The romantic part between him and Aaron. The way it was written, it seemed more than just a friendly kiss. Then again, we are reading one side of it and we know how Billie reacted to it.

All the thread makes me feel is just more evidence that folks shouldn't take what Billie says so damn seriously

Yeah I think really people should take any famous person's words with a pinch of salt. Even if they're truthful a lot of the time they'll never be 100% themselves for every public appearance.

The romantic part between him and Aaron. The way it was written, it seemed more than just a friendly kiss. Then again, we are reading one side of it and we know how Billie reacted to it.

The whole evening was described in a romanticized way so it's hard to tell. To me it felt like one of those moments when you realize you love your friends but in a non-sexual way. To me it was a kiss of this kind of love - not a sexual one but not a small friendly kiss either. I wonder if straight people actually can love this way because yes this sounds...fabulous.

Yeah I think really people should take any famous person's words with a pinch of salt. Even if they're truthful a lot of the time they'll never be 100% themselves for every public appearance.

basically, there're two kinds of people here. Those who take him seriously and those who tell the others not to.

The whole evening was described in a romanticized way so it's hard to tell. To me it felt like one of those moments when you realize you love your friends but in a non-sexual way. To me it was a kiss of this kind of love - not a sexual one but not a small friendly kiss either. I wonder if straight people actually can love this way because yes this sounds...fabulous.

basically, there're two kinds of people here. Those who take him seriously and those who tell the others not to.

I took it a different way. I took it that it was indeed a romantic kiss, at least on Cometbus's side. Plus, you couple it with the almost violent reaction Cometbus had to Billie kissing people on stage. I almost got an unrequited love vibe.

It definitely sounded a lot more than friendly lol and initiated by Billie not Aaron. It also wasn't for show/an onstage thing (that Aaron had previously complained about) and Aaron obviously knows Billie is bisexual duh. A married straight man in a monogamous marriage does not do what Billie did with Aaron. You know what this should not even be a discussion. Billie said discussing his sexuality was homophobic in itself and in 2013 he talked about Dookie being about bisexuality in RS. Get over it people he is bisexual. Ps. a person can be gay etc and never have sex with anyone of the same gender because they just dont or whatever (or maybe they marry a woman for some reason) the sex part is irrelevant it's the attraction that counts.

It definitely sounded a lot more than friendly lol and initiated by Billie not Aaron. It also wasn't for show/an onstage thing (that Aaron had previously complained about) and Aaron obviously knows Billie is bisexual duh. A married straight man in a monogamous marriage does not do what Billie did with Aaron. You know what this should not even be a discussion. Billie said discussing his sexuality was homophobic in itself and in 2013 he talked about Dookie being about bisexuality in RS. Get over it people he is bisexual. Ps. a person can be gay etc and never have sex with anyone of the same gender because they just dont or whatever (or maybe they marry a woman for some reason) the sex part is irrelevant it's the attraction that counts.

I never ONCE said I had a problem with it. I take extreme offense to you implying that I do. I was simply having a discussion with a friend concerning a different interpretation of a book. If you don't want to be a part of the discussion, then don't. If you would like to talk like an adult without accusations then feel free to join in.

Well I don't think there's anything wrong with taking him seriously to a certain extent, like I'm sure he's not totally full of shit, I just don't think it's a good idea to get super invested in everything he says.

I took it a different way. I took it that it was indeed a romantic kiss, at least on Cometbus's side. Plus, you couple it with the almost violent reaction Cometbus had to Billie kissing people on stage. I almost got an unrequited love vibe.

It's a long time since I read it but yeah, that was the vibe I got, too.

I never ONCE said I had a problem with it. I take extreme offense to you implying that I do. I was simply having a discussion with a friend concerning a different interpretation of a book. If you don't want to be a part of the discussion, then don't. If you would like to talk like an adult without accusations then feel free to join in.

What the hell are you talking about??? I quoted you because I was agreeing with what you said about Cometbus. Get a fucking grip. The rest of what I said clearly didn't relate to anything you ever said and was directed at the initial person who questioned Billie's sexuality.

Well I don't think there's anything wrong with taking him seriously to a certain extent, like I'm sure he's not totally full of shit, I just don't think it's a good idea to get super invested in everything he says.

I feel the same about this, but I keep in mind he's not confessing to the public so we can't expect nothing but the truth. So I'm rather in the second group - I don't like making fuss about every other sentence he utters.

What the hell are you talking about??? I quoted you because I was agreeing with what you said about Cometbus. Get a fucking grip. The rest of what I said clearly didn't relate to anything you ever said and was directed at the initial person who questioned Billie's sexuality.

It didn't come across that way. IT came across that you were making an accusation at me. If you are talking to someone other than me, then quote that other person. And I have a fucking grip. The rest of what you said was not clearly directed at someone else or I would not have taken it the way I did.

I agree with you. Your post looked a bit confusing with these two things in one big paragraph. I had to read it four times :D

I think he had a point when he said that. Discussing somebody's sexuality almost always leads to doubting it, because surprisingly, there's nothing else to discuss otherwise.

What did I miss

Buy some popcorn. I need to procrastinate tonight.

It didn't come across that way. IT came across that you were making an accusation at me. If you are talking to someone other than me, then quote that other person. And I have a fucking grip. The rest of what you said was not clearly directed at someone else or I would not have taken it the way I did.

I can't multiquote on a phone...that function doesn't exist so I choose to quote you because I actually agreed with you. The whole page is a general conversation not a private chat between you and a friend. The first part was me talking about Cometbus, agreeing with your post which I had quoted and the last part referred to what other posters were talking about and added other info non of which was in any way related to you. How you could not understand what I was talking about yet assume I was insulting you is bizzare. Then when I explain this you still choose to try to be offended. Fucks sake.

It's very romantic. Really I don't remember reading anything so romantic lately. He did sound almost like someone describing a lovely date.

It's very romantic. Really I don't remember reading anything so romantic lately. He did sound almost like someone describing a lovely date.

Yes, It had the feel of a romance novel. It was actually one of my favorite parts.

Yes, It had the feel of a romance novel. It was actually one of my favorite parts.

Yeah, that was clearly the purpose. Cometbus might become a successful soap opera writer if he dicided so. I'd definitely watch.

Another thought about Billie being totally honest with public. His statement about being a Bi. Latter on he kinda took it back, cause he didn't want to offend his wife.

What do you think? I personally don't believe him, maybe he wanted just make a statement how he doesn't see any difference between people by their sexuality/race/whatever, to support the cause of equality. I mean, there is no any evidence of it in any song/ his life story, except of the habit kissing male fans in public :D and I'm sure it's mostly for fun.

I always thought his point in that statement is that sexuality is a socialized concept. I didn't think it was as much about himself and his sexual preferences as people make it out to be.

If I recall correctly, he basically said he thinks people are born, in a sense, bisexual and are basically taught it's "wrong" to love and feel attracted to the same sex, so they convince themselves sexuality is just a black-and-white concept of "are you gay or straight?" instead of thinking about it as a broader spectrum. This is something I see a lot in older people, including my parents. They think the concept of bisexuality or anything but "gay or straight" is made up.

So, yeah, I interpret the statement more as a "food for thought" type comment than an "I like to fuck dudes" comment, if that makes sense. And him kissing men and women alike at shows is more of a shock value performance than anything else. Even if he is bisexual, I highly doubt he's getting off on it.

I always thought his point in that statement is that sexuality is a socialized concept. I didn't think it was as much about himself and his sexual preferences as people make it out to be.

If I recall correctly, he basically said he thinks people are born, in a sense, bisexual and are basically taught it's "wrong" to love and feel attracted to the same sex, so they convince themselves sexuality is just a black-and-white concept of "are you gay or straight?" instead of thinking about it as a broader spectrum. This is something I see a lot in older people, including my parents. They think the concept of bisexuality or anything but "gay or straight" is made up.

So, yeah, I interpret the statement more as a "food for thought" type comment than an "I like to fuck dudes" comment, if that makes sense. And him kissing men and women alike at shows is more of a shock value performance than anything else. Even if he is bisexual, I highly doubt he's getting off on it.

Yes he mentioned society in general/paernts etc but he said specifically that "I think I've always been bisexual." As he said himself questioning it is in itself homophobic.

He's full of shit but so is everyone else. Everyone is a hypocrite in what they say/do. I learned that since I was a little kid watching my parents.

Everyone's so full of shit! Born and raised by hypocrites.-JOS

Yes he mentioned society in general/paernts etc but he said specifically that "I think I've always been bisexual." As he said himself questioning it is in itself homophobic.

I'm not questioning it. Frankly, I don't care.

I don't really think insisting he's bi when he's said he's not sure anymore is any better than saying he's not. He's said what he wants to say to the public and it's not really any of our business otherwise.

I don't really think insisting he's bi when he's said he's not sure anymore is any better than saying he's not. He's said what he wants to say to the public and it's not really any of our business otherwise.

I agree. It's not our business and it's kind of pointless as well because we don't really know. But on the other hand, I'd never say he was just making a statement about equality, because we don't know and it reeks of homophobia and not admitting the truth.

I agree with Jane. Plus remember four years after he stated he didn't define himself as anything (not the same as not being sure) he was inerviewed in Feb 2014 and talked about Dookie and how Coming Clean was about himself, how he hadn't been 17 when he wrote it and how he was "willing to try anything". Reading that interview and the millions of old interviews where he has directly stated Coming Clean is about himself it's ridiculous to basically decide he isn't bisexual because he chose to marry. Sexuality is about attraction not action. Plus we have no idea what he gets up to ;p

Honestly we should leave this alone. This thread was certainly not intended to question anyones sexuality. I find that to be insulting and disgusting...nobody does that if someone is hetrosexual. It really does come off like homophobia/a need to prove someone isn't gay/bi etc and that is worrying always. Can we get back to generally pointing out how dumb Green Day are when they fuck up promises/statements etc lol.

Archived