More to Speculate - Who Inducts Them?

Chin for a Day

Mark Hoppus?

tumblr_m24p94fUvU1r6aoq4o1_500.gif

I'm pretty sure I can find an accurate Spongebob gif to describe every crippling emotion I'll feel these next 48 hours or so...

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tim Armstrong

Iggy Pop

Tommy Stinson
Marky Ramone
Chris Cheney
Jesse Malin
Dave Grohl

If Dave Grohl inducted that would be quality! But I highly doubt it would happen.

In terms of actual predictions I've been racking my brains and can't think who might do it.

Need to think about "older" artists who we know respect Green Day. Paul Westerberg, Alice Cooper come to mind (even if Alice has nothing in common). Maybe one of the members of Guns N Roses (Duff McKagan seems to be good friends with Mike in particular). Someone in another thread mentioned Bono as a "close friend" but doing one song with U2 doesn't make Green Day their BFFs. Bono is friends with everyone, I don't think Green Day are that special to him :lol:

Have you seen how much Billie likes to fanboy over Bono though? He once wrote an article about how great he was, and would get all misty eyed reminiscing about meeting him and getting taught the Irish jig by him in interviews. And he told Aaron Cometbus that when he writes lyrics he only wants to impress two people, "you and Bono", much to Aaron's speechless disbelief :lol:. Hoping the feeling isn't mutual as I can't think of many people I'd like to see induct them less but I bet Billie would be well up for it.

George Dubya Bush.

Kidding, of course! I'd love to see Larry Livermore, Tim Armstrong, Iggy Pop, or Dave Grohl induct them. Billy Idol would be cool, too. How about The Network? :D

I was thinking about if I were them, who would I want to induct me. First, I would want someone that they had a history with. The speech can seem a bit more sincere, they know them, have worked with them, etc. Then I think I would want someone who is huge in the industry, well respected, possibly a mega-star. Then looking at Hermiones post, I really, really, really, hate to say this, but I think Bono is a real possibility.

Bono would inevitably make it about himself. I really can't imagine a more self-aggrandizing person in music.

Gerard Way or someone else who was in My Chemical Romance. Green Day took them on their first big tour and many of the members have said that Green Day influenced the band.

I just asked if they announce ahead of time who will be inducting who. I was told that they do, usually about a week before the show. However, Ringo has already announced that Paul will be inducting him. So, I guess there is your headliner.

My guesses are:

Alice Cooper (He's praised them in the past)

Larry Livermore (That would be awesome)

Billy Joel (FOR ALL THE GOSH FORSAKEN TIMES PEOPLE HAVE SWITCHED THEIR NAMES UP)

I was just thinking of this — I can't think of anyone they've "influenced," per se, that the hall would consider worthy to induct them at this point in their still fairly young careers.

Yet, in terms of "older" acts, I'm unsure who loves them that much that would be a good candidate to induct them. Maybe Johnny Rotten? :P Kidding, of course.

oh yeah..cos he'd totally do it :lol:

...naw but the sad thing is that i think he'd actually REALLY do it if he gets enough money for that and if you tell him that he gets a greater reputation when he does it and says something nice about Green Day that day =/

LARRY LIVERMORE.

OH MY GOD, THAT WOULD BE SOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!! :o

Oh my god guys... Courtney Love :lol:

Don't.Even.Mention.That.

...not that it happens :lol:

I wish any one of the Ramones were still alive to induct them. Imagine that. I would definitely weep.

so true, that would be awesome! especially Joey Ramone..he was just awesome

-------

Remember that photo Billie and Paul McCartney did? I totally loved that photo and from that moment on i've always wondered what Paul's thought about Green Day was...would be awesome if he did it, but i highly doubt it :lol:

-------

Remember that photo Billie and Paul McCartney did? I totally loved that photo and from that moment on i've always wondered what Paul's thought about Green Day was...would be awesome if he did it, but i highly doubt it :lol:

It is already confirmed that Paul is inducting Ringo.

It is already confirmed that Paul is inducting Ringo.

dammit...didn't check that, sorry :lol: but thanks for telling me, that's pretty awesome, too :happy:

Well all I know is that it will probably be someone from a band I don't like.

But PLEASE not Courtney Love

I will lose all faith in the industry is 5SOS are anywhere close to the induction, as the way things have been going I feel like they're going to try.

I definitely will be throwing eggs at my TV if Bono squeezes his way in there as well.

Marky Ramone should have something to do with it. I've met him and he seems like a good dude on-air and in person.
I know it isn't possible, but I'd like to see Michale Graves do it too.

OH! And I'd just about die is James Hetfield showed up. :wub:

I highly doubt this, but I'm just saying this wild idea anyways...

Kathleen Hanna.

Really think she should have had a part in inducting Nirvana, considering she was a close friend of Kurt's, and gave him the inspiration for "Smells Like Teen Spirit".

But yeah, I think Green Day even had Kathleen do vocals on Letterbomb. XD

Either way, that would be pretty cool. :D Kathleen is also a fan of Joan Jett, whom appeared in her "The Punk Singer". Maybe she'll induct Joan? XD

This would also be a sweet opportunity to see Adam Horovitz. :shifty:

Have you seen how much Billie likes to fanboy over Bono though? He once wrote an article about how great he was, and would get all misty eyed reminiscing about meeting him and getting taught the Irish jig by him in interviews. And he told Aaron Cometbus that when he writes lyrics he only wants to impress two people, "you and Bono", much to Aaron's speechless disbelief :lol:. Hoping the feeling isn't mutual as I can't think of many people I'd like to see induct them less but I bet Billie would be well up for it.

Okay, you need to link me to that interview, because I always think about Aaron Cometbus when I write lyrics too! :D:lol:

Oh FUCK YEAH! James Hetfield! I'd fucking love that!

Archived