Hall of Fame Concert Songs

Z J

I want to hear some new material so badly. I know it's unlikely. I know it won't happen. But I can't help it and hope anyway. Pathetic, isn't it?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to hear some new material so badly. I know it's unlikely. I know it won't happen. But I can't help it and hope anyway. Pathetic, isn't it?

It's not pathetic - we all want it but it won't happen at Hof - I'm sure billie has heaps of material

And suddenly Green Day fucks everybody and play : Dominated Love Slave, All By Myself and an epic end with Last Ride In.

Or not....

It's not pathetic - we all want it but it won't happen at Hof - I'm sure billie has heaps of material

But might play new stuff at hob

I'm not really predicting what they'll play, I'm more spouting this out as a wishful thought, with one from each (official) album:

Paper Lanterns

2000 LYA

Longview or Basket Case or Welcome to Paradise

Geek Stink Breath

Hitchin' A Ride

Minority

Boulevard of Broken Dreams or Letterbomb or Homecoming (it is criminally underrated)

See The Light

The trilogy is too new IMO, and not as definitive of their career as, say, Basket Case, Longview, or BoBD, and I don't think that they'll play anything from it. Also, it'd be wicked awesome if they threw in some stuff from Shenanigans.

Also, as an afterthought, I love Fall Out Boy, but I feel that a more-established band could've been picked to induct GD. I mean, maybe even a more musically-similar band?

I honestly doubt any new stuff will come out of the HOF show or the show before it because if they meant it in that recent Instagram picture when they said it was their first jam session in a year, I doubt they had time to get a couple of full songs, even one song, completed. At best, it would end up being like the version of Lazy Bones that was shown in Cuatro

As long as BJ doesn´t forget his own new lyrics the rest of the band should be okay with some simple new harmonies at least for HoB. :)

Maybe since they played a ton of really old songs at the concert, they got it out of their system and will play three big hits for this. So.....

Longview (if time allows for four)

Minority

When I Come Around

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Maybe since they played a ton of really old songs at the concert, they got it out of their system and will play three big hits for this. So.....

Longview (if time allows for four)

Minority

When I Come Around

I asked the guy next to me at the show if he was you, just FYI. You have a twin.

I say they are not going to play anything they played at hob. So based on that I predict:

Welcome to paradise

wake me up when September ends

21 guns

good riddance

I say they are not going to play anything they played at hob. So based on that I predict:

Welcome to paradise

wake me up when September ends

21 guns

good riddance

I doubt they play three ballads.

I asked the guy next to me at the show if he was you, just FYI. You have a twin.

I wish it was me! That's awesome.

I've been having New Green Day Music Withdrawal so bad I started delving deep into the catalogs of bands that the guys in Green Day have played in, wrote a song with, or even mentioned in passing. So yeah, I feel you!

i predict

Pasalaqua

Welcome To Paradise

Wake Me Up When September Ends

My guess is that we get:

Longview

American Idiot

I think those are three of their most iconic tunes. I'm not expecting anything out of the ordinary to be honest.

I think WICA was honestly a weird choice for the middle song. It was slow-paced enough that it could've easily been replaced by a more known, slower song like 21 Guns or Boulevard of Broken Dreams and probably had the same effect, if not better.

Granted, maybe I'm just underestimating how well-received the song was. From what I could tell, the crowd didn't enjoy it nearly as much as American Idiot or Basket Case, which were SO FUCKING LOUD, but in the best possible way. I've never been so proud to be a Green Day fan. Everyone was rocking out and seemed completely blown away. And the boys looked so damn happy.

I'm still a bit bummed we didn't get to hear Good Riddance the entire weekend, though. It was included in the video clip before their induction speech, but it's still not the same as the raw emotion of hearing it live. I don't care if it's cliché, I fucking love it!

I was surprised to see no Longview. It was their debut single and basically got them noticed by the public eye, so I thought that would be the most likely candidate here.

I was also expecting a song like Brain Stew, Hitchin' a Ride, or maybe even Minority. Just some of the more well known songs from their lesser known albums.

Hey I said it'd be a combination including a song from AI, a song from Dookie and a slower song. My very vague prediction was correct :P

Archived