Billie Joe posts intriguing photo on Instagram

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But... Warning is one of my favorite albums. Anyway.

I hope we'll learn something soon, an entire day has passed, I've done my waiting :P

Well what do you know folks. This 'break' (some called it a hiatus) we were all worrying about is looking to be the shortest break the band has done.

We all grew grey hairs for nothing :cool:

Everything happens for a fucking reason, so 2015, i just cannot wait, hell december, i have my exams. and one more thing, whoever you are Dookie Lukie or Lukie with a DOOKIE, i think you know the meaning of this shitty term DOOKIE!, so don't ever say they broke up otherwise, I'll make you surrender!!!.. #Peace

Lukie with a dookie, best four words ever.

Always so cryptic, these boys.

I'm not really spending any time speculating on when their next album will drop. I do, however, think that whenever they do release new material, it will be done quietly. Billie mentioned when he released the album with Norah Jones that he wanted to do every album release as they did Foreverly, with little hype surrounding it. That combined with the reasons he listed for why he felt so overwhelmed about the trilogy – doing tons of promotion and the like – I tend to believe him when he says he wants to put out Green Day albums in the way they put out Foreverly.

Always so cryptic, these boys.

I'm not really spending any time speculating on when their next album will drop. I do, however, think that whenever they do release new material, it will be done quietly. Billie mentioned when he released the album with Norah Jones that he wanted to do every album release as they did Foreverly, with little hype surrounding it. That combined with the reasons he listed for why he felt so overwhelmed about the trilogy doing tons of promotion and the like I tend to believe him when he says he wants to put out Green Day albums in the way they put out Foreverly.

Yeah i kinda get the feeling the label will probably be good with that now since popularity and anticipation for new stuff has really gone down. Hopefully they go more in the direction that demolicious was taking them. I mean they've established themselves and their brand name enough to where if they put out something of pretty good quality it will probably do just fine sales wise. No need to go overboard. I think weezer this last album has done very little touring/promotion but kinda went older style with the music and i think they have one of the highest selling rock albums of the last year including vinyl sales. So, you know at this point if you can get most of the more committed fans to buy it, sales will be fine even with the way the music industry is trending. I think warner realizes green day's run as a top dog poularity wise may be over. But again that could be very good for the label and the band in the post trilogy era.

Jeff matika tweeted something 6, 7,8,9, Eleven 14.... this sums up to 6+7+8+9 = 30... so 30.11.2014... 30 NOVEMBER!!... lol, just a guess!

Jeff matika tweeted something 6, 7,8,9, Eleven 14.... this sums up to 6+7+8+9 = 30... so 30.11.2014... 30 NOVEMBER!!... lol, just a guess!

He just posted a new tweet a few hours ago.

He just posted a new tweet a few hours ago.

yeh sorry, didn't checked this one @Jeffmatika It's almost time. Not a clue. Just a notice. #whocares #rocknroll........ i think some awesome b-sides of triology, or something special!!

I can't wait for whatever they release or tour.

yeh something special for thanksgiving week!!, well, almost 3 days... WOW, THat's Loud!!

I'm so stoked for the next 3 days, unless they don't post anything :(

yup, but whatever it is, i just hope it doesn't leak like demolicious, i was really pissed by that news

yup, but whatever it is, i just hope it doesn't leak like demolicious, i was really pissed by that news

I know right, it just ruins the vibe.

If anything they're just going to announce an upcoming Instagram post via Instagram. Isn't that the entirety of their marketing strategy these days?

If anything they're just going to announce an upcoming Instagram post via Instagram. Isn't that the entirety of their marketing strategy these days?

Don't they have a website for that?

I know right, it just ruins the vibe.

Now that's what you call awesome rhyming, Right, Vibe.. Amazing!!

they're just getting low as they were at the time of Stop drop and roll, or billie was at the time of foreverly, or as tre is now-a-days

I don't know what to think about it... I mean, obviously Billie posted some hint, but Jeff likes to trolling and he can just playing with us :ermm:

yeh sorry, didn't checked this one @Jeffmatika It's almost time. Not a clue. Just a notice. #whocares #rocknroll........ i think some awesome b-sides of triology, or something special!!

Jeff posted a clue saying more Purple then Green, so it is very unlikely what he is talking about has anything to do with Green Day.

Archived