"Ordinary World" movie starring Billie Joe

Give_Me_Novacaine90

8 hours ago, Schlappy said:

I love how to make him old they just slapped some thick rimmed glasses on him

And it totally worked

I really like it when he looks his age (or at least closer to it, lol). I honestly wouldn't mind if he kept his downtime look all the time. He looked great in the movie.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

I really like it when he looks his age (or at least closer to it, lol). I honestly wouldn't mind if he kept his downtime look all the time. He looked great in the movie.

As much as I like his downtime look, I always love to see the change - he shaves and puts on fitting clothes and everyone is like "omg!!! :o "

Ugh, even when he shaves and combs his hair he still looks like a 40 something year old man, a gorgeous 40 ish year old man but still a 40ish year old man

13 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Ugh, even when he shaves and combs his hair he still looks like a 40 something year old man, a gorgeous 40 ish year old man but still a 40ish year old man

Oh yeah, not denying it, it's a fact. It's just that he can be a DILF and what I'd could call a cute old man ('cause I have no good word for it. I mean, the way he looks in a movie isn't exactly attractive to me but still very nice to look at) and switch between the two. He looks his age either way but there's a difference in the way I see the two. I can't swoon about a guy who dresses like my dad the same way like I can about the same guy when he's a hot rockstar :happyhands: hope that makes sense lol 

23 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Oh yeah, not denying it, it's a fact. It's just that he can be a DILF and what I'd could call a cute old man ('cause I have no good word for it. I mean, the way he looks in a movie isn't exactly attractive to me but still very nice to look at) and switch between the two. He looks his age either way but there's a difference in the way I see the two. I can't swoon about a guy who dresses like my dad the same way like I can about the same guy when he's a hot rockstar :happyhands: hope that makes sense lol 

Yes, it does.  But he still looks his age either way and I have no problem swooning at either.  

I bought the blu-ray today and will watch it in the next couple of days, finally! But I'm sad that it wasn't in the cinemas in my country, I wanted to see Billie on the big screen :happy:

15 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

The best part is that they were his own :P

Really? I didn't think he needed contacts. Are they fake or what? Damn hipster lol

15 hours ago, stories and songs said:

Yeah he did look cute all rumpled and bummish. It also helped me suspend my disbelief in imagining him as a different character other than Billie Joe. I'm so used to seeing him all preened 

5 hours ago, Schlappy said:

Really? I didn't think he needed contacts. Are they fake or what? Damn hipster lol

Yeah he did look cute all rumpled and bummish. It also helped me suspend my disbelief in imagining him as a different character other than Billie Joe. I'm so used to seeing him all preened 

He wears them pretty often. I guess they are real - needing glasses is quite common at his age.

Yeah, definitely. I thought I'd be like "haha look at Billie lol" the whole time but in the end I wasn't distracted at all. Good acting helped a lot too. 

9 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

He wears them pretty often. I guess they are real - needing glasses is quite common at his age.

Yeah, definitely. I thought I'd be like "haha look at Billie lol" the whole time but in the end I wasn't distracted at all. Good acting helped a lot too. 

That's' what I appreciated about the movie. I was afraid I'd be sitting there thinking "oh look at Billie" but I was more invested in the story and I saw Perry rather than Billie. 

And I have to say that part where he freaks about the coasters killed me :lol: 

12 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Oh I've only seen him with glasses in a couple pictures so I just assumed they were for... FASHION!! lol

I also really appreciate that Perry has the mediocre job while his wife is the high profile defense lawyer, yet the plot isn't about Perry getting a better job rather just one that makes him happier. His wife even agreed to have him fired. (Even though I'm confused about if he did get fired in the end or what.) Hoorah marginal deviation from the nuclear family in media! 

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 9:16 AM, stories and songs said:

That's so funny- it just made me think about "Downtime Billie" and how this relates to all of us- don't we all have "downtime us" and "rest of world" us? For example, when I'm going to a meeting, speaking in front of people, etc...I'm pretty well groomed, dressed and put together. However, right now late on Friday at home and on this forum I'm in a hoodie, sweats, and my hair's a mess. It's nice to see we all follow the same pattern and even our rock god BJA has a downtime version of himself. Thanks for pointing out the little things, Stories, I love it!

8 hours ago, TimmyChunks said:

That's so funny- it just made me think about "Downtime Billie" and how this relates to all of us- don't we all have "downtime us" and "rest of world" us? For example, when I'm going to a meeting, speaking in front of people, etc...I'm pretty well groomed, dressed and put together. However, right now late on Friday at home and on this forum I'm in a hoodie, sweats, and my hair's a mess. It's nice to see we all follow the same pattern and even our rock god BJA has a downtime version of himself. Thanks for pointing out the little things, Stories, I love it!

Downtime Jane looks way too much like someone you wouldn't sit next to on a bus so yeah, you're absolutely right we all have a version of us that's meant to never leave home. 

On 15. 12. 2016 at 10:38 PM, kaylubd said:

That's' what I appreciated about the movie. I was afraid I'd be sitting there thinking "oh look at Billie" but I was more invested in the story and I saw Perry rather than Billie. 

And I have to say that part where he freaks about the coasters killed me :lol: 

Exactly!  I didn't have a problem with getting into the story at all. 

The coasters :lol: that part was really funny and I doubt I forgot to use a coaster since :D

On 16. 12. 2016 at 1:47 AM, Schlappy said:

Oh I've only seen him with glasses in a couple pictures so I just assumed they were for... FASHION!! lol

I also really appreciate that Perry has the mediocre job while his wife is the high profile defense lawyer, yet the plot isn't about Perry getting a better job rather just one that makes him happier. His wife even agreed to have him fired. (Even though I'm confused about if he did get fired in the end or what.) Hoorah marginal deviation from the nuclear family in media! 

The story wouldn't have made sense if he had a fulfilling career but I agree it was nice nevertheless. I think he accepted he was fired for his own good and moved on to something better. 

Btw, I thought his wife was a prosecutor :lol:

I have the dvd and I must say that I'm a little disappointed. I thought maybe there would be some outakes, bonus footage or even bonus music footage but there was none. All it has is about 5 ads for other movies at the beginning,  then just the movie, that's it! Maybe I was expecting too much, I don't know. 

44 minutes ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

I have the dvd and I must say that I'm a little disappointed. I thought maybe there would be some outakes, bonus footage or even bonus music footage but there was none. All it has is about 5 ads for other movies at the beginning,  then just the movie, that's it! Maybe I was expecting too much, I don't know. 

It's a low budget indie movie, you're not always gonna get the kinds of things like that cause it's $$$

I saw a little bit of a scene on spanish lenguage, well latino, and it's so weird to listen to "Billie talking in spanish", I mean, I'd already did with "Like Sunday, Like Rain", but it's just so weird :lol: 

4 hours ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

Like @RougeRogue pointed out it costs money to produce extras for home releases Universal or whoever financing didn't see the point of ponying up for them 

On 12/17/2016 at 7:35 AM, Jane Lannister said:

The story wouldn't have made sense if he had a fulfilling career but I agree it was nice nevertheless. I think he accepted he was fired for his own good and moved on to something better. 

Btw, I thought his wife was a prosecutor :lol:

Well yeah obviously the story would have been different. That's why I enjoyed it the way it was.

She was a lawyer, doesn't really matter if she was defense or prosecution now does it?

7 hours ago, Schlappy said:

She was a lawyer, doesn't really matter if she was defense or prosecution now does it?

Defense attorneys tend to make alot more money than a prosecutor.  Prosecutors tend to make a decent living, but nothing out of the ordinary.  So, it does kind of matter.  

10 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Defense attorneys tend to make alot more money than a prosecutor.  Prosecutors tend to make a decent living, but nothing out of the ordinary.  So, it does kind of matter.  

Yeah that seems likely since they're obviously not meant to be rolling in money. They call her a "hotshot lawyer" in the description on the back of the DVD which seems inconsistent with that, but so little in the film is realistic or makes logical sense that doesn't surprise me :P

I watched this again like 2 days ago and noticed something. First, that they use Billie's birthday, I mean the day, Perry's birthday is on the 17th. Other thing, Dennis, his character in Like Sunday, Like Rain, met Eleanor on the subway and Perry's wife mentions that they also met on the subway.

Nothing important, I know, I just thought it was kinda cool :lol:

go to the 5min 20 second mark.   And listen.   He really is a walking contradiction.    I loved the movie by the way.  That bisexual has some talent!!  Just ask Tre

On 12/22/2016 at 8:08 AM, Scattered Wreck said:

I don't think it effects my point, but okay. It's kind of off topic anyways...

On 12/22/2016 at 6:35 PM, Hermione said:

Yeah that seems likely since they're obviously not meant to be rolling in money. They call her a "hotshot lawyer" in the description on the back of the DVD which seems inconsistent with that, but so little in the film is realistic or makes logical sense that doesn't surprise me :P

Yeah! I just meant that she's meant to have an important job and he's supposed to be the loser. What do you mean unrealistic!?! Are you saying people can't get pardoned for crimes if they know the police officer and a husband throwing money away for a stripper party without telling his wife DOESN'T equal apology sex the same night? What world are you living in!?  :lol:

A bit late to the party, but my dvd came today. Can't wait to watch it!  Will post my thoughts after... I know you all will be dying with antici-pation.

Still not seen this shit!! Been using the card too much to order shit, especially with that boombox order. Was hoping to find it in a store but no such luck yet.

Archived