"Ordinary World" movie starring Billie Joe

Give_Me_Novacaine90

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, new here. Does anyone know how soon Billie and tre came out after the geezer performance? And did they take pictures /meet with everyone? I was waiting in the front a while to see if anyone would come out, then went around to the back to see who'd come out. Tre ended going through the front so I'm assuming I just missed him! Guess I'm unlucky with meeting famous people lol 

9 minutes ago, James11693 said:

Hey guys, new here. Does anyone know how soon Billie and tre came out after the geezer performance? And did they take pictures /meet with everyone? I was waiting in the front a while to see if anyone would come out, then went around to the back to see who'd come out. Tre ended going through the front so I'm assuming I just missed him! Guess I'm unlucky with meeting famous people lol 

Billie et al did not walk out back, their SUV drove out of one of the loading docks, so no meet and greet.

6 minutes ago, GenXIdiot said:

Billie et al did not walk out back, their SUV drove out of one of the loading docks, so no meet and greet.

Okay cool, thanks. I saw the SUV come out also, figured it was him. I saw someone got a photo with him in the back though but that might have been before the show.

2 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

To everyone that was at the show last night, I hope you are using a coaster

LOL that was a surprisingly funny recurring joke.  The movie had its moments.  I mean, it was nothing special, but enjoyable enough.  If Billie wasn't in it though, I'd probably have thought it was the most pointless movie :lol:  But he made it very charming.

I just want to say how strong I felt Billie's voice was.  Granted, I haven't seen him since 2013, and it also sounded great then in the Barclays Center.  But this was my first time seeing him in such a small venue, so close up, and he was just wonderful.

Also, I totally saw Jeff Matika, Jesse Malin, Bob Gruen, and Rebecca Naomi Jones walk in through the front door before the show (Bob was with Jesse, Jeff showed up with a friend, Rebecca came alone).  I was at the front of the rush line when almost everyone had already gotten inside.  They were like "we're on the guest list" and I'm like yeah no shit :lol:  .  But my best friend who tagged along and is not a fan was just like "how the fuck do you know who all these people are?" 

Also, don't know if this was mentioned, but Emily's Army (well, at least Joey and Seb) were extras in the movie and there were a significant amount of "pan to Joey" moments in the movie :lol:  I was like, OK, this is distracting!

Hearing "Devil's Kind" (or whatever that opening Geezer song was) twice in the movie and once live, I really liked it, thought it was super catchy, sounded like Green Day.  It definitely sounded similar to the trilogy.  I personally wouldn't mind if that was on the new album, even though I hope the new album takes a different direction than the trilogy.

21 minutes ago, jetsrule128 said:

There was a question and answer with Billie today. No performance. 

Were you there, Evan?  What was asked and answered?

1 hour ago, lizziebix said:

Were you there, Evan?  What was asked and answered?

Not there. Trying to find out from people who were. 

7 hours ago, billieve said:

My mom swears she saw Robert De Niro sitting behind her during the performance part :lol: very fun night indeed! 

Your mom was right!!

337ABCB600000578-3555903-image-m-27_1461

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3555903/Selma-Blair-takes-fashion-risk-cape-like-dress-watch-Green-Day-s-Billie-Joe-Armstrong-Joan-Jett-rock-Geezer-premiere.html

That's Pelé with Robert Di Niro. I think Pelé has his own movie out at the moment too. 

21 hours ago, jetsrule128 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Adrienne and Joan Jett now 2 rows in back of me. 

Adrienne was directly two rows behind my seat. We must've been neighbors! Or at least rowmates. :toocool:

21 hours ago, desertrose said:

GodDamnAngel ‏@GreenDayAngel 1 minute ago

Omgomgomg Adrienne armstrong and @joanjett sitting two rows directly behind us. #Geezer #Tribeca2016

20 hours ago, desertrose said:

GodDamnAngel ‏@GreenDayAngel 20 minutes ago

Movie over. Waiting for band to come on =D #Geezer #Tribeca2016

Seeing my own tweets quoted on here is pretty surreal, not gonna lie LOL

17 hours ago, Paola17 said:

Ok , home and finally had a meal.

Also, I didn't know there was an open bar, darn it. Oh well.

Before the film began as we were seated and such, we kept on looking behind us where the box is and saw Joan Jett, Jesse Malin, Billie Joe, and Adrienne . We waved at some point and they waved back (Billie and Joan I believe). We saw Adrienne and Billie Joe enter the seating area (Rebecca Naomi Jones-Whatsername from the musical was also there). People who stepped outside were running into Billie and Jeff every so often.
The movie was alright and Billie acted adorably in the film. His character definitely had some moments in which one couldn't help but giggle at. I don't know how to say enough without spoiling it ... However, SWMRS and Jakob were both credited in the film for contributing with the music, and it was also stated that one of the songs in the film was recorded by Green Day (from what I understood) at Otis.

Nice catch! I remember seeing Joey and Jakob's music credits, and I remembered seeing about 4-ish songs credited to Billie Joe, despite only three being noticeably played in the film. I just assumed they were all listed as "L.E.S. Skunks" though, didn't even realize one said Green Day! SO so many easter eggs in this for Green Day fans though. I was totally not expecting to see Rebecca! 

17 hours ago, lbw87 said:

The song during the closing credits was fucking great. Best one imo. It had two words in the title and started w "b" ..."body bag" or something like that? Had a very 21st century breakdown (the song) feel to it

The song at the end of the credits was definitely listed as "Body Bag". 

4 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

To everyone that was at the show last night, I hope you are using a coaster

HA That was easily one of the best gags (is this considered a spoiler? idek)

1 hour ago, jetsrule128 said:

There was a question and answer with Billie today. No performance. 

Curious!

3 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

That's Pelé with Robert Di Niro. I think Pelé has his own movie out at the moment too. 

yep in the link trillie posted it stated that it was DeNiro with Pele at the screening for Pele's documentary 

39 minutes ago, st_trillie said:

Looks like today was a better day to go rather than last night. Does anyone know where the red carpet was? Or wherever this outdoor set in this picture was? Looked around the building last night but didn't see anything 

Billie Joe Armstrong Rocks With Joan Jett After 'Geezer' Premiere at Tribeca Film Fest

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7341801/billie-joe-armstrong-rocks-with-joan-jett-after-geezer-premiere-at

In the new film Geezer, which premiered Saturday night (April 23) at the Tribeca Film Festival, Green Day leader Billie Joe Armstrong plays a 40-year-old former punk rocker with a wife, two kids and loads of regrets. It’s a character Armstrong obviously gets, but in real life, he’s anything but a sad old man.

Taking the stage at Spring Studios after Saturday’s screening, the 44-year-old father of two blazed through a brief set that included two Green Day tunes, a pair of songs Armstrong wrote for Geezer, and one very cool team-up with Joan Jett, who makes a cameo in the film.

Backed by Green Day drummer Tré Cool and New York hometown hero Jesse Malin on rhythm guitar, Armstrong opened with “Devil’s Kind,” one of the tunes he penned for the movie. It’s a raw, hyper-catchy punk jam reminiscent of the stuff Green Day released in 2008 as Foxboro Hot Tubs, and it definitely bodes well for the new album Armstrong has been teasing.

“Mike’s gonna be pissed,” Armstrong joked, referring to Green Day bassist Mike Dirnt, who couldn’t make the show. Also absent was the band’s recently added fourth member, guitarist Jason White, who was busy playing a record-release show with his new side project, California.

Next came a couple of Green Day tunes: “Scattered,” a scorching Nimrod cut that had Armstrong leaping through the air like it was still 1997, and “American Idiot,” featuring Jett on guitar. The band only made it through a verse and chorus of the latter before segueing into Jett’s 1980 all-time badass anthem “Bad Reputation.”

Whatever youth elixir Armstrong is swilling, Jett’s doing double shots. At 57, the Runaways founder and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer still has the voice, the sneer and the leather pants that made her a star when Armstrong was still in grade school.

As an audience that included Geezer co-star Selma Blair and director Lee Kirk cooled down following Jett’s cameo, Armstrong closed with “Ordinary World,” an acoustic ballad he performs in the film. With a chord pattern similar to Bob Dylan’s “Don’t Think Twice,” it’s a song about finding happiness after your dreams have fizzled.

“What would you wish if you saw a shooting star?” Armstrong sang, perhaps imagining how his life would’ve been if Green Day hadn’t blown up more than two decades ago. Chances are he’d still be the coolest dad on the block.

Archived