Billie Joe & Avicii, Thoughts?

kiarakoval

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this the same thing?I cant listen to it at the moment

The beginning of this mash-up: As I said a few pages back

That song posted on YouTube claiming it's "No Pleasing a Woman" is actually a song called "Country EDM" by Heavy Rain Production. It's on Spotify here.

I actually like it....

The beginning of this mash-up: As I said a few pages back

Oh OK sorry :)

I think I hear some of billie's influence maybe, there's parts of that melody that sound a bit blues-ier than I'd imagine from an electronic music artist. I honestly could see that part being played on guitar

Pop and electronica can and have used live instruments as well as computers...

...Wow...being a teen in the 90's and going out at night my head was wrecked with novelty dance music...you know cheesy silly songs that had some asshole yelling "everybody in the house say YEAH" with some silly repetitive...err well I can't call it music really...in between his annoying yelling and then an overly synthetic sounding sometimes downright warped female voice "singing" some cliche lyrics. Fifteen years later Avicii has recreated the exact process perfectly using Billie's voice...to call this song bad would be equivilant to calling water wet. Billie...what on earth?!

So do we have any clue when this will come out? Or hints at a release date on Avicii's album?

...Wow...being a teen in the 90's and going out at night my head was wrecked with novelty dance music...you know cheesy silly songs that had some asshole yelling "everybody in the house say YEAH" with some silly repetitive...err well I can't call it music really...in between his annoying yelling and then an overly synthetic sounding sometimes downright warped female voice "singing" some cliche lyrics. Fifteen years later Avicii has recreated the exact process perfectly using Billie's voice...to call this song bad would be equivilant to calling water wet. Billie...what on earth?!

You're in the minority on this opinion it seems :)

Bit ironic coming from a Green Day fan :P

As soon as I saw that post, I was just waiting for your reply :P

I think I hear some of billie's influence maybe, there's parts of that melody that sound a bit blues-ier than I'd imagine from an electronic music artist. I honestly could see that part being played on guitar

Avicii is a big fan of country music, which in turn was influenced by blues. It's not unreasonable to assume it's Billie has something to do with it in this instance, but just because Avicii is a dance musician doesn't mean he isn't influenced by other styles.

Avicii is a big fan of country music, which in turn was influenced by blues. It's not unreasonable to assume it's Billie has something to do with it in this instance, but just because Avicii is a dance musician doesn't mean he isn't influenced by other styles.

Oh I guess that's interesting. Makes me remember how Lil' Wayne mentioned Green Day as a reference... XD

i was just an example :D no reason to take it too serious :) .. i just wonder why a punk rocker like billie is joining this mass hysteria bout 'electronic/pop' (=music that isnt just done by instruments, but on computer etc.)

In the beginning (before it was all about fast + loud music, leather jackets, brightly-colored hair, and being "hardcore"), punk was about going against the grain and being yourself, being an individual. To me, nothing is more punk than following your heart and not the status quo that others (even the punk community) have laid out for you. Billie Joe isn't "joining" any "mass hysteria" by collaborating with Avicii. He most likely did it because Avicii came to him with a great opportunity to try something new and different, he was impressed with Avicii's creativity and passion, and he felt like it would be something he could thoroughly enjoy working on. Billie is/has been/always will be punk because he greatly values his individuality and just enjoys doing whatever the hell he wants, whether it's a straight-up punk record, a smash-hit acoustic ballad, a massively-epic rock opera, a Broadway musical, a two-hour-long album trilogy, a country covers album with a female jazz singer, a comedic hip-hop song, or an electronic dance song. He himself put it best in the 2007 documentary Punk's Not Dead: "People have to realize that they're not representing an entire community all the time. People do things because they're individual and that's how they want to live their life" (he actually says "how they want to have their band," but I feel what I put is what he really meant to say).

But hey, I don't wanna turn this into an argument about what is and isn't punk, I just wanted to share the thoughts that went through my head when I saw your comments. To quickly get this thread back on topic, I think the song is good. It's catchy, I enjoy Billie's voice, and I'm excited to hear the full studio version. :)

I usually dont like this kind of music..djs and stuff..most of their songs sound like "tunz tunz" to me..but this song has a catchy melody,and Avicii songs in general(the few I know lol) have this melodic side I like..cant wait to listen to the whole song :)

So do we have any clue when this will come out? Or hints at a release date on Avicii's album?

You're in the minority on this opinion it seems :)

That would make sense as dance music has been hugely popular and dominating charts and airplay since I was a kid. I'm perfectly happy to be in the minority if it means I retain a halfways decent taste in music. I seriously wonder if Billie had collaborated on an NSync song would it have gone down as well because they were shit too but songs like Dirty Pop were of a similar level of shit as this. My mind is just confused because all I hear is woeful computer enhanced crap.

NSYNC and similar pop stars (One Direction, Miley Cyrus) may not be genuine musicians, but they are successful because they have catchy as fuck tunes that are easy to listen to. There is a place in our world for pop, and it's all gonna be OK.

NSYNC and similar pop stars (One Direction, Miley Cyrus) may not be genuine musicians, but they are successful because they have catchy as fuck tunes that are easy to listen to. There is a place in our world for pop, and it's all gonna be OK.

How does that relate to what I said though? I am not a narrow minded idiot. I still have my Boyzone and Backstreet Boys cds and casettes from when I was a kid and even met Backstreet Boys twice and still fondly recall those memories. So I loved pop. However I would have found it weird a few years later if Green Day or any of the other rock/alternative bands I got into as I grew up decided to collaborate with the pop bands I worshiped as a child. Especially since Billie had talked about the "steady decline in music" and listed off a bunch of bands and genres including pop which he blamed for causing it. Regardless some small part of me may even be a little excited in the nostalgic side of my brain if Billie did announce a collaboration with say...BSB however it would undoubtedly turn out to be mortifying and shit. BSB are still around and I'm sure kids still enjoy them and it's all great and stuff but I got into Green Day for their MUSIC and I have no fucking clue what this Avicii crap is but it certainly shouldn't be passed off under the guise of music. I can't believe Billie put his name to this. And to think some people complained about Nightlife? What?

You really take everything personally, I wasn't attacking you or your beliefs.

How does that relate to what I said though? I am not a narrow minded idiot. I still have my Boyzone and Backstreet Boys cds and casettes from when I was a kid and even met Backstreet Boys twice and still fondly recall those memories.

This explains everything. NSYNC was so much fucking better than the BSB. To even compare the two is criminal. Every NSYNC hit is lightyears better than the BSB song that was released parallel to it.

You really take everything personally, I wasn't attacking you or your beliefs.

I never said you were I said you missed the point...and you did again...though most of that wasn't particularly aimed towards you.

This explains everything. NSYNC was so much fucking better than the BSB. To even compare the two is criminal. Every NSYNC hit is lightyears better than the BSB song that was released parallel to it.

I assume you are trying to be amusing...at least for your sake I hope so.

Loved the preview. It'd different of course, but sounds catchy. Hopefully it is, and it brings attention to our boys :happy:

Archived