Important message from Mike

AngelBlue_

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow, I wasn't expecting that when I came in here. :(

My thoughts are with Britt and Mike and the kids. I hope she beats cancer's butt!

I hope that they caught it in time.

Cancer is not cool. :(

Sending thoughts of love, hope, and healing their way.

Wishing Brittany the best of luck. The good part is that breast cancer is survivable, and hopefully its early so she has a great chance.

Cancer is so common but to get it in your early 30s with young kids is definitely a heartbreaker. As many here have said, breast cancer is one of the most commonly cured these days. Both of my grandmothers and my mother had it and beat it. I'm sure Britt can beat it too!

BJ Guitars will soon be auctioning off another guitar on ebay with 100% of the proceeds going to help the cause. Look for a topic soon on here because I'd like to somehow get some autographs if the GDC has any connections....

BJ Guitars will soon be auctioning off another guitar on ebay with 100% of the proceeds going to help the cause. Look for a topic soon on here because I'd like to somehow get some autographs if the GDC has any connections....

Might be able to help. Will contact you through email :)

She should be fine. The type of Cancer she has as a very high rate of full recovery.

That's a real bugger. At least it's one of the 'best' to have in terms of survival rate :)

This sucks so much. I hope they pull through this. My thoughts and prayers are with them. <3

My heart broke when I read this. My mom just went through treatment for breast cancer, and while she's thankfully cancer-free now, it was a really tough road. Their kids are so little, and Britt is so young - it's just so sad. My heart goes out to the whole family. I'm sure Britt will fight this and be well again soon, but it will be tough. Luckily, they sound like they're in good spirits and ready to face it head on.

After everything the band has been through in the past few years, Mike occupies a very special place in my heart. They'll certainly be in my thoughts.

Owww Mike :( We all will be praying for you guys ♥ You'll get through this!

This was posted on the official site:

Dear Green Day Family,

Recently my wife Brittney was diagnosed with breast cancer.

We have started our battle and she is enduring treatment as we speak! We want you to know that

Brittney (Batmansmom) is strong and with the help of Amazing doctors, support from family, and positive thoughts/prayers from our Green Day family, SHE WILL BEAT THIS!

This is going to be a challenging year, but we are determined to get though this as quickly and

openly as possible.

We love you all, and we will be checking in as best as we can, via Instagram: @batmansmom @mike_dossxx and www.GreenDay.com.

Rage and Love

Mike and Britt

Crushing....nobody deserves this, especially not these guys. They've made us feel like part of their family over the past couple of years, and my heart and prayers go out to them for a speedy and complete recovery.

I'm so, so sorry.. honestly lost for words. All my love, best wishes and prayers go out to them. I hope that together they will make it!

Didn't see that coming.

Hopefully she seems to have a great family and support.

Prayers and flowers to her <3 <3

Sad to hear about this. I know she will make it through. Thoughts and wishes are with all the family.

Archived