Green Day up for best International Band at KERRANG!

Sarcasm

GO GREEN DAY! Yeah I know a lot of people are going to be hating on me for this one but they are my 1# band so, I'm voting...

yea everyone on a green day forum is going to hate on you for voting for green day?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should win by default. The other options are pretty shit with the exception of Avenged, who have been shit ever since Portnoy left, so yeah. No doubt it'll be Metallia cos woo metal etc, ugh. Objectively Green Day aren't the best international band of the year though.

Green Day will win regardless of the vote. They are running out of reasons to feature them

I wonder why it says this at the bottom of the voting page? (The final decision is the reserved right of the Kerrang staff) So, do the votes really not matter or what?

yea everyone on a green day forum is going to hate on your for voting for green day?

No because there are people out there who unlike me, have lifes and like other bands besides Green Day. They are free to vote their own way

Well of course they are, 2014 is a year ending in a number

i'm voting for black veil brides bye

"You fat motherfuckers should have voted for somebody, because Black Veil Brides won THREE...YEARS...in a row!" - Black Veil Brides at some award ceremony after getting booed

What constitutes an "international band"? Surely anyone mainstream is international to some extant, I don't think there are many bands that have the means but just refuse to go to another country.

Go Green Day!

despite not playing shows

I think it's for the last full year not just 2014, they've played lots of shows less than a year ago.

What constitutes an "international band"? Surely anyone mainstream is international to some extant, I don't think there are many bands that have the means but just refuse to go to another country.

They just mean bands that aren't from the UK, they have some separate best British (for British bands) and best international (for non British bands) categories. I think similar things are done with award ceremonies in a lot of countries other than the US, it's to ensure the native countries' bands get more of a chance to be recognized rather than US bands dominating.

Voted. :)

They get nominated every year...

idk who won last year.

Pretty sure it was All Time Low.

Voted. :)

Pretty sure it was All Time Low.

:mellow:

So I just actually voted, my god most of the nominated bands are horrible. Only voted for Green Day, GTA V and Louis C.K.

So I just actually voted, my god most of the nominated bands are horrible. Only voted for Green Day, GTA V and Louis C.K.

same... i also voted Mark Hoppus as the best tweeter and Lzzy Hale as the hottest female :lol:

despite not playing shows

http://www.kerrang.com/awards/

number 7 is the one you're looking for.

My Chemical Romance are nominated despite not existing.

:mellow:

All Time Low are fucking great. Nowhere near as good as Green Day though, which they would freely admit.

God, so many shit bands nominated. I only voted for Green Day, Biffy Clyro, GTA V and Taylor Momsen.

All Time Low are fucking great. Nowhere near as good as Green Day though, which they would freely admit.

Agreed.

Also, I don't understand why Jack Barakat isn't nominated for that twitter award. His tweets are awesome. :lol:

My Chemical Romance are nominated despite not existing.

haha, fair enough :P Kerrang does what they've always been doing. Nominate all the most popular stuff to awards that doesn't matter in the end.

And I agree, I love ATL. I saw them opening for Green Day last year, and it was as epic as you might hope.

Seems like you can vote as many times as you want on this thing. Hope Green Day gets it. :happy:

And I agree, I love ATL. I saw them opening for Green Day last year, and it was as epic as you might hope.

Fuck yeah. :)

Seems like you can vote as many times as you want on this thing. Hope Green Day gets it. :happy:

Fuck yeah. :)

I'm still sad we weren't on the same entrance :( Me and Nora were far away from the rest of the GDC people all day :(

International band? What the hell does that mean? Their shoes are from Italy but their coffee's French? :ermm:

International band? What the hell does that mean? Their shoes are from Italy but their coffee's French? :ermm:

Kerrang is a british magazine, so they mean bands that aren't from the UK. They also have an award for best british band. :)

I feel like I've betrayed you all by voting for FOB instead :lol:

Archived